Worst part of working customer service?

Hey guys, long time no see. Been really busy around here with Marching Band in full swing. It ends this weekend with our championship show, so maybe I'll have a bit more time after that... I feel like my job has made me even busier too. Not sure why it feels that way, it's the same hours and it's actually closer to home than the last job, but I feel like I'm working way more than I used to. Maybe it's just because I dislike this job so much. The primary reason I dislike the new job is the customers. They're a lot ruder than what I'm used to. Holy cow! I can't go a single day without being screamed at by somebody over something so stupid.. like the fact that I have to ask them for identification! Who knew that could cause such an uproar! If you've ever worked in customer service, what is one of the things you liked least about it? For me it would be how people just love to droll on and on about some detail that I have no need to know. I don't need all the details, get to the point so I can fix your problem and move on to the next person! If I need any sort of details I will ask for them. Ok so maybe that's not what I like least, but it is one of my pet peeves anyway. Along with people who lick their fingers before counting money, OMG!! Why does anyone do that? It's so gross!
I don't know why I thought you worked in a bank. I've never worked in customer service, but bless you!
I do work in a bank.. it's still customer service. People are just awful!
@katsmeow1213 I'm sure not all people are awful.
@DianneN No.. not all.. but a good majority of them. I'm looking for a new job again. I just can't handle this one. The people are too mean.
I can't think of any thing at all that would make me scream at a shop assistant. Some people are very, very rude.
Apparently asking to see ID in order to give someone money from their account is good enough cause to enrage a person.
Haha there are so many worst parts. Like having to brown nose people.
Yeah.. I don't really do that. I know I'm supposed to, but I'm rather incapable of it.
I have never done customer service, but I sure admire those who do. That is one tough job.
Yeah, it's the worst!
@Emmlex1000 (1512)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Nice job
It's good to "see" you . . . yah, been wondering about you! Sorry you are having to deal with rude customers. A lot of times customers think things should be done a certain way, but you gotta do your job the way you are supposed to - and that's what they don't understand. Like I totally "get" why they can't just open more registers when there are long lines - it's more involved than just putting a cashier there. Yet people will shake their heads, keep complaining, and get so pissy at the cashier. Oh - I had a lot of pet peeves, at least when I did retail in my younger days. One was customers asking me for a discount . . . just because I am Asian doesn't mean I will give discounts. Another was chit chatters . . . I mean, I can be social and chit chat like everyone else, but when there's obviously a huge line and I'm too busy trying to manage it, I don't need to hear anyone's life story at that moment. Oh yah, those bill lickers - YUCK!
Yeah I get the chatters too. I like to chat, but I'm picky on what topics I'll chat about. and most people seem to just want to complain.
@katsmeow1213 The thing is when you're on the working side, sometimes there is no time to chat for too long . . . and some people just continue on as if you have all the time in the world for them. The complainers are just difficult to deal with at times . . . sometimes there's just no pleasing them.
@much2say No the complainers drive me batty!
The thing I liked the least when having to deal with customers or clients was when I got blamed for things I didn't do. It is insane when you try to explain you are not the employee they talked to on the phone who ticked you off.
Or trying to explain to them that you don't make the rules, policies, and procedures.
@katsmeow1213 Oh yeah.
@sishy7 (27245)
I'm better off doing back office jobs... I prefer dealing with mundane paperwork than with people... Good luck!
I don't really like paperwork either.. too boring.