Family Over Friends Day

I felt badly, but I had to blow off some friends today. I blew off my walking friends and a dinner date with friends for this evening. Instead, I walked at the trails with my new daughter-in-law and walked with her at the local high school, which has a padded track that is soft on the feet. She and my son will be moving into their new house in 2 1/2 weeks, just two miles up the road from us, and I wanted to show her around town a bit more. My son wants us to try an Indian restaurant tonight with his wife. The restaurant offers a wide selection of vegan and vegetarian food as well as the usual fare. I heard it was delicious. Now the kids are out, and I can myLot! ~ Photo taken by our friend on the 4th of July after our spa massages while at a local winery ~
You kids look so cute in that picture Sounds like a fun night ahead and hope you enjoy the restaurant
That's me and my husband, but thanks!
@DianneN I knew it was you both....
@Marilynda1225 Yeah, right!
I always say family first and your friends should agree.
Exactly and my friends are my friends because they are very understanding.
My sister would love that restaurant. She enjoys Indian food and often makes it at home. I have sampled a few of her dishes and they are delish.
My husband strongly dislikes the smell of curry, so he is joining us begrudgingly!
@DianneN I made chicken curry for a potluck dinner. Took most of it home. Oh well, we had plenty for leftovers for a couple of nights.
@ElusiveButterfly I love curry and would have gobbled most of your chicken up! I think I’ll have lamb tonight.
Love the photo of you too! Look at the sparks you to give each other, very romantic and cute! So glad to hear your son and daughter in law will be moving into their home soon and only two miles away! Very exciting. I hope your friends understood your situation.
Thanks so much! The friend I blew off Saturday night is the one who took that photo. LOL! My friends were cool about it and very understanding. We are thrilled the kids bought the house in our town and so close to us!!!!!
@DianneN Haha =P I'm glad your friends understand! I know you'll have time to hang out with them again soon. It is amazing & can't wait for them to settle in & bless you with more grandchildren
@infatuatedbby They close Wednesday and will move in on Thursday. I can’t wait to see the inside! It’s up to them regarding more grandkids for me.
@theBlock (2707)
@DianneN Can I be in your family? I'll take a 2nd cousin position....
Of course! You’ve been missed!
@theBlock (2707)
@DianneN Woo hoo! Thank you, cuz!
sounds good there.Nice to be with family.they are family Never had Indian food.But heard good thing about it. This is the sad part of our lives.Most of our friends are gone.Young people do not want to hang out etc. Not trying ot be morbid about this.We very seldom go out to dinner.Unless to some one house. Mike is not a big fan of eating out.I am.Funny how life change as we grow older.
Things do change as we get older. There was a time when I used to cook dinners all the time for friends. Now, I don't even cook dinner for my husband!
@DianneN how doe he handle that?
@amadeo He cooks or orders dinner. He's such a good guy!
Anything that makes you happy is all that counts.
You are right!
@DianneN That is nice of you. have a nice time there.
@sharon6345 Thank you! Looking forward to it.
Most of the time, I place my close family first.
Me, too, but always.
@DianneN Even though I have lovely friends.
@marguicha Me, too! Lol!
I thought the term kids is used for small children. But I also know for parents their children never grow
Kids will always be kids to us, even when they grow old.
@JustBhem (43027)
• Davao, Philippines
You are both looking great on that photo. You are so lovely and I know how your husband loves you by the look of it.
Thanks so much! . Yes, we both love each other so much. I don't know why!
@JustBhem (43027)
• Davao, Philippines
@DianneN Because you are meant to be soul mates.
@JustBhem Thanks for saying that. Now I'm going to smack him on the side of his head.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
How was the Indian restaurant?
It was delicious and so pretty, too. We all loved it. My husband tolerated it. Sigh.....
@Shellyann36 (11273)
@DianneN I think Indian cuisine can be harsh on some.
@Shellyann36 It can, depending on how mild, medium or hot you like your spices. I opted for medium. It was perfect.
This is a beautiful photo of you two Dianne. I like Indian cuisine, not vegan, but their meats can be delicious.
Thanks so much, Anna. The friend I blew off took this photo. The food was delicious. I had lamb and my husband had chicken. My DIL could only have vegan dishes and my son only ate vegetarian. Crazy family I have!
@DianneN Lamb would have also been my choice Dianne. I feel guilty when I see them in the fields, but I always order lamb in Indian restaurants. The photo shows how much you love each other, it's lovely to see couple going so well together.
@LadyDuck I love lamb and serve it several times a month, but I try not to think of all those cuties I've seen in Europe. And thank you! We are still very much in love after all these years, although sometimes I could stick a fork in his eye.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
Glad you had a dinner date with your friends. Nice picture. Sweet couple.
Thanks! We see our friends often, but love to spend time with the kids whenever they are free.
@Jessabuma (33192)
• Baguio, Philippines
@DianneN that's nice! It's good to spend time with our family. Stay blessed
@Jessabuma Thanks and you, too!
Look at you love birds - adorbs!!!!! Family time is precious - and most important - and I know you would agree . Hope you all enjoyed the Indian dinner - I'm craving curry now .
Thanks so much! LOL! And I do agree that family time is very precious. . We all loved the Indian dinner. My husband tolerated it. Sigh.....
@DianneN Oh yah, I think I recall you said he did not like Indian food. I guess it's one of those kinds of foods you either love or don't like. Well what a good sport for tolerating it !
@much2say I'm pretty sure he walked into that restaurant having his mind made up that he wouldn't like it.
@1hopefulman (32661)
We all have priorities and at times plans we made need to be changed. I hope you enjoyed the Indian restaurant. I've gone a few times and enjoyed it.
We all loved it. My husband liked it, but won't be returning too soon.
@1hopefulman (32661)
@DianneN Maybe he has a palate that likes and prefers a wide variety or a selective variety in foods?
@1hopefulman Nope! . I do!
Awww, you two look so in Love, it's wonderful to see that from a couple who has been together as long as you two have.
Awww, thank you! Our love grows each day it seems, and it has been many, many years!
Well at least 20 @DianneN right? I'm simply figuring that because of the grandkids
@rebelann At least!
@LeaPea2417 (22104)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like Indian food, it has been awhile since I went to an Indian Restaurant.
I’ve had it before, but my husband wasn’t a fan because of the curry smell. He did enjoy his meal last night, but doesn’t plan on hurrying back. Drat!
@LeaPea2417 (22104)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@DianneN I like curry.
@LeaPea2417 I do, too, and made sure I ordered dishes with lots of curry in them. lol
It's good to blow off friends once in a while and enjoy your family. That is a very good picture of you and your husband.
This was decided two days before. I think my son felt sorry for me being cooped up in the house for two days. Thank you! The friend I blew off took the pic. Lol!
@DianneN Your sons care a lot about you. It's evident in what they do for their favorite person.
@just4him They are good kids. I know. Many thanks.
@UncleJoe (10883)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It's good that the kids will be living so close. Then you won't have to travel so far to babysit.
We are thrilled they'll be close. The babies are up to them.
@UncleJoe (10883)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@DianneN I'm sure they'll figure it out. I'm happy for you and hubby too. I wish my kids lived here.
@UncleJoe I'm sure you do. Our older son lives in NYC, which is only 75 miles away, but seems like a million light years away. They are always too busy to see us. We have to set up dates months in advance, which usually get tweaked.
@YrNemo (14719)
Do Indian restaurants often serve vegetarian foods or just that one does like that? (I am real curious.) Hope they have tribal dancing with tribal headgears etc there to entertain you too.
No, they serve lots of delicious meats, fish, and chicken, but also have many foods that vegans (my DIL) and vegetarian (my son) can eat. The only entertainment was my martini.
@YrNemo (14719)
@DianneN so you are going to do the tribal dance after all those drinks .