There is a good chance that I will be arrested.

United States
July 15, 2009 4:29am CST
While doing the right thing for the right reasons, I could end up arrested. Would you go to jail for doing the right thing? It isn't right that the innocent people should be arrested for doing the right thing, but here in America we are not free to do the right thing. We do have a problem with the way that our system works. I wonder if they will shoot me? But of course it is a matter of life or death, or I wouldn't entertain such an idea.
6 people like this
15 responses
@dawnald (85135)
• Shingle Springs, California
15 Jul 09
Somethings I would go to jail for if I believed in them strongly enough, others not. Pick your battles, they say, and it would have to be a very important one. Something happening to you? Or just a theoretical question?
3 people like this
• United States
17 Jul 09
That is just the thing currently there isn't a court order. But with that said, I will submit a court order and pull all of this together and at that time that the paper work is processed and the actions of anyone interfere with my ability to assert my parental right then the onus would be on those tampering with my rights to do what is right. This could get really ugly, not as much for me but for others who interfere with what must be done.
1 person likes this
@dawnald (85135)
• Shingle Springs, California
16 Jul 09
Yes, I would. The question is, if this is a situation where the courts are going to see it as violating a court order, what are your chances of succeeding? Because if you don't succeed, it could make things worse for your child, not better. Just saying, think it through and be very, very careful.
3 people like this
@stephcjh (38473)
• United States
17 Jul 09
That is terrible. I live in the United States also. the laws are so corrupted here. We do not get rewarded alot of times for doing the right thing. They would rather punish us for it.
3 people like this
• United States
17 Jul 09
Yep, exactly, You can read all about it in my story and the abuses that I had to endure and continue to endure.
1 person likes this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
16 Jul 09
What have ya done if anything so far? Why would they shoot you?
2 people like this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
17 Jul 09
Oh dear well maybe you can get a go at that officer with that judge and he would them get his comeuppance!
3 people like this
@DavidReedy (2378)
• United States
24 Jul 09
We are free-er than most--or so they tell us. Still "the right thing"--however you define "right"--morals, ethics, spiritual or religious ethics, even common law--all of these things are grossly distorted and/or outright oppressed by our authoritatarian governmental corporacracy. As I said in another post, my prayers are with you. DR...
2 people like this
• United States
31 Jul 09
I'm not sure what it is--I can't hit the nail on the head as they say, but something impressed me--made me a bit uneasy--something about that last post of yours. Like, maybe, more than what we know or would like to believe is cyclical? Both on the micro and the macro scales? I don't know, like I said, I can't find the words to describe this feeling--but that comment really got me, not so much thinking--but definitely--feeling...
• United States
1 Aug 09
I know you are thinking and now that you are feeling it only means that you have a thinking feeling that something is starting to wake up inside of you or around you like the world is coming alive, and this is not a bad thing, to find that you are part of a living world where we are all connected by the same substance that will be our foundation. It is a global vision that begins at home.
• United States
25 Jul 09
Thanks David, I appreciate the time you take to follow the drama, it seems to be the same old story just different families or countries but the same thing over and over again. Power, control and greed.
1 person likes this
@zandi458 (28102)
• Malaysia
15 Jul 09
Does that happen in your beautiful America, the land of the golden opportunities? I thought it only happen to third world countries where the man-made laws are very bias and against the rule of man. No one in their right mind would go handcuffing people who do no wrong, at least not in my thoughts. But we live in imperfect society. We are all imperfect individuals. There is no excuse for us not to try to be law abiding citizens, to do what is right and avoid what is wrong. To know when we are right or wrong we need a mirror. The critic holds up the mirror so we may see ourselves, warts and all. What you think right may not seem right to others. Convincing others take time and patience, which we all do not always have. There is no known laws that gives free reign to persecute another without trail. Nations without proper system or loop-sided laws will only end in having her citizens becoming barbaric and chaotic, not in American soil for sure. It is not the law that is to be blamed but the enforcement of the law that creates the problems.
@megaplaza (1441)
• Nigeria
15 Jul 09
Point of correct, it happens everywhere. It depends on the publicity and means used. Even when US citizens are complaining u won't believe, i guess if i said that abt nigeria, u will accept. The truth is that some restrictions have to be placed in order run a country.
2 people like this
• United States
17 Jul 09
I tried to leave a comment yesterday it didn't post and I fell asleep. There is a lot to work with in both of your posts, my intentions are to revisit this discussion again with more time to dedicate to the topic and responses.
• United States
23 Jul 09
A follow up to this discussion can be accessed here: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2079627.aspx?p=1#2_19757423
• United States
22 Jul 09
Well I hope you don't go to jail..I won"t ask what you did. You are right about our rights..More and more are being taken away from us..I don't think they will shoot you no matter what you did unless of course you was shooting at them..
2 people like this
@moondancer (7433)
• United States
15 Jul 09
Well, I sure hope that you do not go to jail. I would go to jail for somethin that I believe in. I too am from the US and I know how backwards our system is. You have to prove you are innocent when you go to jail. It's not like they say it is, you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. If the men of law choose to pick "you" as the bad person even though you are notm then you certainly have a problem. You will go broke and go into debt to prove that you are innocent, which is a shame. People have lost everything even their reputation, friends, family, etc. because of how our system works.
2 people like this
• United States
16 Jul 09
Exactly!
@CatsandDogs (13963)
• United States
17 Jul 09
I'm a firm believer in, right is right and wrong is wrong and that there's no way around that fact so yes, I will go to jail for the right reasons. I don't want to, but there again, who does but yes, I will go to jail for standing up for right and not for the wrong.
2 people like this
• United States
18 Jul 09
Hopefully I don't go to jail or get arrested, I've done all that I can do and soon we will see what the outcome will be.
@roberten (3128)
• United States
17 Jul 09
Whatever your cause, I hope it is worth it; following one's conscience is usually the right way to go. When the moment comes, put on your spiritual armor and be safe. I wish you well.
• United States
18 Jul 09
I'm doing all that I can do... As the great Beatleguise would say, "It's Shhowww time!"
15 Jul 09
Hi Gary, Please stay out of trouble, then you won't get arrested, but keep writing and one day it will come in useful, take care. Tamara
1 person likes this
@Fortunata (1135)
• United States
15 Jul 09
Depends. What are you doing that could get you arrested, lol?
2 people like this
• United States
17 Jul 09
Yeppers, and if you get arrested does that mean you go to jail?
1 person likes this
@Polly289 (269)
• New Zealand
31 Jul 09
Depends what your "right thing" is? Whether it involves murder, then I would say "you're gonna get shot". But if is simply a matter of speaking out against injustice, well, you might get a peashooter in the butt.
1 person likes this
• United States
1 Aug 09
I wish I could share with you all the events in a paragraph to get you to realize just how I've been defiled... I have not suffered just one injustice there are so many events to share about I sometimes feel overwhelmed trying to decide which one would be a good focal point at any given time...
@check23 (448)
• Philippines
15 Jul 09
What have you done? I hate it when innocent people got arrested for being accused of what they haven't done and end up in prison for a long time. Years past then found out that he/she is guilty. I think the government should be blame for this.
1 person likes this
• United States
17 Jul 09
Years later to find out that he/she is not guilty. Yes, the government can be at fault.
1 person likes this
• United States
16 Jul 09
Wow...I really hope everything works out for you. I am so sorry to hear of your situation, even though I'm not sure of its entirety. I would gladly go to jail if I were doing something I whole-heartedly believed was right and got arrested. The majority is not always right, and we do not change the majority's wrongs by sitting by quietly. I don't necessarily believe in testing the system, but I certainly don't believe in letting myself be pulled on a leash if something means so much to me. Like the people who do not pay taxes because taxes are not legal...one could argue that is wrong because everyone else is doing it even though there is not a law (that I know of currently) that says government can take income taxes. But I can't blame them...they feel strongly about it and take the risks. I admire their ability to do that. Personally, income taxes do not take a chunk of money from me to where my finances are impaired, so I am not as angry over this. I think some laws truly are for the benefit of people...some simply aren't at all. Some laws should be changed because of rights that they infringe upon or other reasons...and some people will go to extremes to put that in the spotlight. Again, I really feel for you in this situation. I'm not sure what you were fighting for or doing that you may be arrested for, but if you believe fully in what you did, do not let up and give in. I wish you the best of luck.
1 person likes this
• United States
17 Jul 09
Thanks, You can find out more about me from this link, I've written a lot and posted My Story there you should be able to find it and much, much more... http://tgwbmyblogs.blogspot.com/2007/08/communati.html
@tarachand (3895)
• India
15 Jul 09
It depends upon the perspective that one looks at the law from. Every word can be interpreted in a number of ways. Also, something that seems right from your perspective needn't be so from the general consensus of the law of the land when taking the good of the majority into account. As far as freedom is concerned, I think any repercussions against you by any lawman would be to uphold the law for the general public by that lawman, unless he/she has a personal agenda.... I wish you all the best and hope that you get out of the tight corner if you are really right....
• United States
17 Jul 09
When I explain this issue you will understand that there is only one right thing to do and it will be from everyone's perspective.