Feeling Betrayed

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I worked hard, no doubt about it in the pool and fitness center and all my work garnered me one pound. I really thought I had lost more, but that's not what the scale, my betrayer, showed me this morning. I will continue to work. I now have four pounds to go to my goal before I set a new goal. I will get there. I have a hospital appointment this morning, so I will be leaving soon for that. Then I have a doctor's appointment with my primary on Friday. I'm getting questions ready for him. It's my once a year Medicare checkup. I don't expect any problems, but I want to get some issues talked about. My knees for one. When can I get the knee replacement surgery? And I'm considering going on water pills to help with any water weight I'm still carrying that I can't get rid of. Those are my two main concerns. I'm sure others will pop up before Friday. So, for now, I'm going to eat and get ready to leave. I did have a good workout in the pool so that at least was something. How is your Tuesday working for you? Any plans for the day or just the same ole, same ole? Thanks for reading. Image courtesy of Pixabay.
You are building muscle which weighs more than fat.
That's what they say.
@just4him It is true. My weight has remained the same for the past few months but my body has been changing. My husband has noticed it. I've noticed it in my legs. I probably would be losing weight if I tightened up my diet but I've been slacking this month. I've been eating too many carbs. I figure I'll get back to it when I start work again. At least I'm not gaining weight.
@NJChicaa That's good you're not gaining and you can see the change in your legs. My legs is where I need to see it.
You have to soldier even when you feel there are setbacks.
At least I didn't lose any ground already gained.
@just4him Don't use the word "gain" lol!
@JohnRoberts I thought of that after I wrote it.
You made me laugh calling your scale the Betrayer but I'm sorry you are disappointed with your weight loss. My knees are killing me today Good idea to have your questions ready for the doctor on Friday.
With all the work I've done for the past month, the least it could do is give me something to show for it. I'm sorry your knees are bad today. I hope I get some answers, especially regarding my knees.
@kobesbuddy (79179)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Don't ever forget, muscle weighs more than soft tissue. So replacing fat cells with muscle might appear disheartening on the scale, but it really isn't!
Still, I want to see those numbers move down.
@kobesbuddy (79179)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him And they will, very soon!
@just4him You need to cut back on the bananas and potatoes to see the numbers move down. Add non-starchy vegetables (green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, carrots, zucchini, etc.) to your meals instead of the extra potato or banana. That will help to keep you full but keep down the carbs and calories. I know I sound like a broken record but it is the truth.
It is probably just temporary.
I hope so.
@just4him You will be fine. If you have a lot of water weight my doctor has me buy cranberry juice with zero sugar and dilutes it 7 to 1 and drink it. It works so well for inflammation and water retention. We use that as a great alternative to water pills. You are doing great and we are all behind you.
@Ghosthere2 I don't like cranberry juice. I'd gag on it. I'd need to have it with another juice, like cran-raspberry in order for me to even drink it.
@Nakitakona (11241)
That is fine my friend. You did a good workout for the day.
Thank you.
@Nakitakona (11241)
@just4him one pound to lose for such workout. That's good.
@1hopefulman (43839)
At least you did not gain and so you are still a loser just not a big loser. So keep up the good fight!
I'm going to keep at it.
@1hopefulman (43839)
@just4him That's the spirit!
@HazySue (31243)
I hate when that happens. You have truly worked hard and should be reaping the rewards of it. My day is going to be the same ole same ole.
Nothing like consistency. One of these days I'll see the scale move again in a downward motion.
@HazySue (31243)
@just4him It will happen. I was stuck at one weight for a while. I hope it happens for you soon again.
@HazySue I hope it does too.
I will spend the afternoon with my daddy and pick up a few groceries.
That sounds like a great way to spend your afternoon.
@just4him it was. I came home earlier then normal. My nephew took daddy to dinner.
@Tampa_girl7 That's great.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
At least you lost a pound. It can be hard at times. You will hit stretches where it seems like nothing helps. Then all of a sudden you will lose steadily again.
I've been waiting 8 months to start losing again. That's a long enough stretch.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him You should start again soon then. Wishing you luck.
@wolfgirl569 Thank you. I'm doing everything I can to get off this plateau.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
I am sorry you have had a set back. Same old for me today
At least you know what to expect.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@just4him That is true
@cacay1 (45174)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I'm so sorry of the betrayal , you can still resume the routine that reduces your weight. My Tuesday so tiresome working or teaching good for 7.5 hours again. This is done only every Tuesday the rest 6 hours from Monday to Saturday. I reduced some weight now. My usual weight since age 17 is 55 pounds .Take care my friend .
You weigh only 55 pounds? You must be very tiny.
@pumpkinjam (6749)
A loss is a loss. I always found that exercise made little or no difference to my weight loss. It was changing my eating habits that worked. Sometimes, if we exercise, we lose fat or we shrink but our mass doesn't change much. Fat doesn't exactly turn into muscle but muscle is more dense.
I was told a pound is a pound no matter if it's fat or muscle.
@just4him yes, of course. They weigh the same but muscle does take up less space! The main difference is that we want to lose fat but we don't usually mind gaining muscle!
@pumpkinjam That's true.
perhaps 'tis due to yer time off this past week coz yer knees ached so badly? could be muscle y'ave added to since ya started workin' out diff'rently. i'd not get discouraged 'f such. good luck with yer 'ppointment, hon. nothin' new 'round these parts outside 'f missin' mr. squirrel the past few days. i hope the lil fella 'tis 'lright.
I hope he is too. I know that kind of ache from taking a weekend off. This is weather-related and painful. I can work through the other easier than I can handle this weather-related pain.
@just4him i can empathize with ya, ms. valerie. those weather systems can sure do a number'n ya. still 've not seen mr. squirrel today, but 'twas busy mowin'/weed-eatin', dragonfly/hummin'bird stalkin'. that'n kittens were e'erywhere. sendin' gentle
57m
@crazyhorseladycx This morning is starting out well. No knee pain. Looks like the weather will be nice for a few days. I hope Mr. Squirrel is all right and only eluding the camera and the kittens. Thanks for the hugs. Back at ya.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
So you mean you gained instead of losing weight?
No. I lost one pound.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him Only one pound?
@velvet53 (20839)
• Palisade, Colorado
Valerie, don't beat your self up. Think positive. This might be one of those times where your body is taking control to take care of other things. You are doing grear, a whole much better than I am.
I expected more so it was a huge disappointment. Thank you.
@Janet357 (22554)
sorry but this is my first to hear water pills.
They help get rid of water weight.
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Even if you don't lose weight, you gain health. And muscle weighs more than fat is what I have heard. I do water aerobics, too.
I tried water aerobics but I had trouble keeping up with the instructor. I work at my own pace instead of someone else's. Yes, I am gaining health.
I think it is a little hard to lose weight when you are older and your metabolism is slower..but keep plugging away. Rome wasn't built in a day!
No, but it burned in a day. I know it's a long process. I'm impatient for results.
@CarolDM (36437)
Keep going, you got this!
Thank you. I will.