My on-going quest to find a good gluten free cookie recipe

@1creekgirl (17627)
If you don't have to care if something is gluten free or not, please feel free to go on to another post. But if you're like my husband and several myLotters or you have a friend or relative who is gluten sensitive, the subject carries more importance. Especially when you can't have old fashioned chocolate chip cookies or my home made chocolate pie. Well, he can have the pie, just not the crust. But I'm trying a new recipe and the GF chocolate cookies are baking as I write. The first batch isn't too bad and my craving for chocolate makes them a little better. I added some chopped pecans which help. You know, if this were the biggest and worst problem in my life, I should be told to sit down and shut up. Or as we say in the south, "Hush!" Or if it's a really bad offence, "Hush that mess up!!!" Anyway, that's my only issue today so far as I sit here eating my third cookie. An orange soda would be awfully good with it. (I don't do milk.)
@CarolDM (40806)
Sorry but I cannot help you. I did find this link....
20 gluten-free cookies that you'll want to inhale! There are all kinds of gluten-free recipes here including grain-free, dairy-free and vegan options. Some are healthier, some aren't. If you're looking for gluten-free cookie recipes that don't taste gluten
@1creekgirl (17627)
Carol, thank you! I'll check it out first thing tomorrow.
@CarolDM (40806)
@1creekgirl Good luck!
@1creekgirl There are three of those that Carol provided that my granddaughter loves. We tried all 20 and there were three REAL winners as she put it. She's an adult so she knows what she likes.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
I am not gluten sensitive. Good luck with recipes
@1creekgirl (17627)
Do you know anyone who's gluten intolerant? Seems like more and more people are. It might just be a fad with some people, but I know for a fact that more people are reacting to it.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@1creekgirl I don't know anybody personally
@1creekgirl My granddaughter is.
@LindaOHio (10277)
Good luck with finding a good gluten-free recipe.
@1creekgirl (17627)
So far, this one's the best yet.
Hope your cookie recipe is a winner
@1creekgirl (17627)
It might take 5th place, but not really a winner. In a wedding, it wouldn't qualify for bride's maid or even ring bearer, but possibly ahead of the clean up crew.
@1creekgirl aww that's disappointing. I'm sure you'll find a recipe that is delicious and gluten free. Hopefully someone here can help
@1creekgirl (17627)
@Marilynda1225 Crazyhorselady has been a help. The second batch I made today was a little better than the first, probably because the dough had time for the liquids to blend with the flour and make it a little smoother taste.
@ShyBear88 (29752)
I don’t have chocolate chip one but I do have a sugar cookie one. My 4 year old is the only in my house that has a gluten allergy.
@1creekgirl (17627)
Yes, I remember that about your little one. If you have a really good recipe and some advice, will you PM me the recipe? Thank you!
@ShyBear88 (29752)
@1creekgirl sure thing, I can look at what I got and send you the links.
I hope your cookies work. My daughter-in-law is allergic to gluten and when we visit we get all sorts of food we're not used to but most of it is very edible.
@1creekgirl (17627)
It's a learning process to cook gluten free, that's for sure!
I have seen them at the bakery.There are many gulten free cookies and even cakes.You have to have the right bakery
@1creekgirl (17627)
We don't live near a large city that probably would have more items to choose from.
There is a gluten-free flour called "Cup 4 Cup" that is supposedly a great substitute for regular flour in recipes. You don't have to modify the recipe. (supposedly I haven't tried it b/c I'm not gluten-intolerant)
@1creekgirl (17627)
I use several GF flours that are supposed to be exact substitutes for wheat flour, but they're not. Close, but different blends have different instructions. It's a trial and error thing.
Well, as long as the GF cookies are not that bad, all is well. I don't do milk either.
@1creekgirl (17627)
There are lots more choices now in the grocery stores that don't have gluten.
@Nakitakona (13110)
Those who lack would be filled. And those who search may find it. Amen.
Calm down and have another cookie, it`ll all be alright!
@1creekgirl (17627)
Angie, that's the best advice I've had yet! The second batch was a little better because I should have remembered to let the dough sit for a while first to let the liquid blend with the flour.
@1creekgirl You can teach me when I come for that birthday dinner.
@1creekgirl (17627)
I make great peanut butter gluten free cookies. I’m not gluten sensitive but they are so good they are my new favorites
@1creekgirl (17627)
Do you make them with peanut butter, egg, and sugar? They really are good, I've made them for quite a while for our son in law.
@1creekgirl yes I do and they are everyone’s favorite!!
can you drink orange soda? hope you enjoy those cookies more. hope you find some really good gluten free recipes.to use in the future
@1creekgirl (17627)
I love orange Crush! The second batch was better than the first.
@1creekgirl i love Orange Crush too! i don't drink it often as it acts like fruit in me and makes me sick as fruit does to my insides.
I can eat gluten and my husband also has no problems. I have heard that gluten free flour is not that good.
@1creekgirl (17627)
It's not as good as wheat flour, but it's improving.
@1creekgirl I hope they will do better, because more and more people are gluten intolerant.
'tis tricky findin' good recipes that've not gluten 'r those nasty, cheap fillers, too. glad that chocolate cookie 'tis hittin' the spot. i don't do milk either :) here's a link to a gal's cookies. she's my go-to fer most all g.f. recipes. she's 'lso loads 'f info there'n her blog.
Recipe favorites from Gluten-Free Goddess, Karina. From flourless chocolate cake to pizza crust, find delicious recipes your family will love.
@1creekgirl (17627)
Thanks! I've added that site to my favorites.
@1creekgirl yer welcome :) she's lots 'f tips fer bakin' goods, substitutes, great recipes 'n i love jest readin', too.
@porwest (18296)
22h
You may not need to find a gluten free recipe per se, but maybe gluten free alternatives to the flour and other ingredients where gluten may be present. In other words, you'd use the same recipe just change the ingredients. I think there are gluten free flour alternatives, but not sure about it.
@1creekgirl (17627)
10h
Some of the GF flour blends claim to be an exact exchange of wheat flour, but they're not. Each brand has its own mixture of different grains, so it's usually best to use a recipe from that brand. It's a lot of trial and error, but I'm making progress. I actually made some good hush puppies.
My granddaughter has Ciliac so we have all sorts of interesting tries. Some of them have turned out pretty great. We try and have a lot of choices so everyone can enjoy the meals I have never heard anyone say "Hush that mess up!!!" I am looking forward to an opportunity to use it!
@1creekgirl (17627)
That's so funny you've never heard that. Where are you from? Here it starts with "hush", then "hush up!", then when you know you'd really need to stop, you hear, "hush that mess up!" If you have a lick of sense, you won't utter another sound. Sorry about your granddaughter, though. That's a bad disease, bless her heart.
There are a lot of gluten free recipes out there
@1creekgirl (17627)
Yes, some are better than others.