COVID19 Has Taken and Given from Me..

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I know its been a while since I have logged on and posted or even interacted. The truth is besides being Quarantined at home I have lost someone very dear to me and important in my life and my childrens. My father in law had visited us is early March and we spent a nice 6 days traveling the Dominican Republic vacating etc. Shortly after he left DR and went back to NY he tested positive for COVID-19. He spent 3 weeks fighting on a ventilator until he passed on April 25th. Since then my life has been turned upside down and between grieving and battling depression it has been overall draining. I am now officially back at work and during this whole process I have managed to see the world in a more positive way. I began looking for God and spiritual healing and its probably been the best thing to happen to me. Even with the loss and all the pain I have managed to become stronger and closer to GOD.
• Leesburg, Georgia
I am so so sorry for the loss of your father in law. =( In May I lost my sister in law and my grandmother within a week of each other. I am however glad to hear that you're growing in your walk with God.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Sorry for your loss Jenn, hasn't been easy, taking it day by day
• Leesburg, Georgia
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I understand. And I'm praying for you and your family.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@LovingMyBabies Thanks likewise
• Midland, Michigan
That's great that your relationship with God is better. I know that it wasn't his will that your fil should die. I am sorry for your loss. How is your wife doing? Even though you all spent time together before he was taken I'll none of your family succumbed to the disease with any symptoms?
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
My wife has been stronger than me to be honest, just taking things one day at time while try to stay positive
• Midland, Michigan
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I will keep your family in my prayers. I've lost both my parents so I know how hard it can be but God's love does help us when we allow it.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@MarshaMusselman amen thanks for the uplifting words
Oh @BACONSTRIPSXXX words do not express how sorry I am for your loss. I am glad your father-in-law had a good visit with you in early March. It is devastating to lose him, I am sure.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah it was as if he came to say goodbye to us, felt very weird to be honest his vibe was like a sad goodbye
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@Tracy04 Yeah one day we will all be reunited
@JESSY3236 (12685)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I do wish this terrible virus would go away.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah by the looks of it with people not following social distancing and protesting
@JWMILLER (2537)
• Westmoreland, Tennessee
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Many people in the South US are not following CDC guidelines.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@JWMILLER yeah Iv been seeing that a lot on the news, only going to make this virus live longer
@jayanth_77 (5940)
Feel sorry for the loss of your beloved father in-law due to Covid -19. Happy that you have come out positive and undergoing spiritual healing and seeking GOD's blessings.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah just been self reflecting and thankful to be alive in general
@msdivkar (12079)
Sorry to hear about your father in law succumbing to covid 19. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May almighty give you courage to bear the loss.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks my friend
@wolfgirl569 (31165)
• Marion, Ohio
Sorry for your loss.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks Eva
@hereandthere (43656)
so sorry to hear this but thank you checking in. how is your wife coping? it must be hard telling the kids.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
My wife has been stronger than I have, my son cried a lot since him and his papa were really close,the twins took it lightly but in the end they are just kids, it would of hit them harder if they were older
@Raelove (22764)
• Saco, Maine
My sincere condolences, Michael. I am happy to read that your faith has helped you through this. May God continue to ease your sadness as you continue to live out your life. Bless you.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yes indeed, God has brought happiness and peace back into my heart
@Raelove (22764)
• Saco, Maine
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I'm so glad. Be safe and well, Michael. Glad to see your smiling face back here.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@Raelove Awwww thanks , Il try and get on more often
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you spent time with him before he went home to New York and started the battle for his life with the virus. I'm glad your faith is stronger and you're closer to God through these circumstances.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah its like he came to visit us one last time before leaving us, I still have a heavy heart feels unreal
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I'm sure it will feel unreal for a long time.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@just4him Yeah it hasn't settled in, taking it a day at a time
I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. I pray that you and your family stay strong, healthy and can treasure the memories you made when he visited.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks Marilyn, it has been hard letting go especially since we weren't able to be by his side or say goodbye formally
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I can certainly understand your grief. It has to be extra hard not being able to say good-bye especially during the pandemic. My heart goes out to you and your family.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@Marilynda1225 Thanks again, we did receive his ashes, My wife wants to take them to his vacation home in Puerto Rico and spread the ashes in the beach nearby where he would fish and drink etc
@SHOHANA (12110)
• Bangladesh
May your father in-law rest in peace. Condolence for you and your family. Stay safe, stay strong
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks, trying to stay strong, taking things day by day
@SHOHANA (12110)
• Bangladesh
@BACONSTRIPSXXX may Allah ( My only Almighty God) bless and help your family
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
Sorry to hear about your loss! May his soul rest in peace. This pandemic has made millions loose their dear ones to this virus. It must be tough for the children to accept the loss fo their grandfather. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks, it has been rough just taking it one day at a time
@arunima25 (41716)
• Bangalore, India
@BACONSTRIPSXXX It's rough and only time will heal the wounds. Take care. May Almighty give you all strength to deal with this phase.
• Israel
@BACONSTRIPSXX I am so so sorry. I am glad that it helped you to find G-d to help you through this time.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah hanging onto my faith to get through all of this
• Israel
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I am glad for you.
@m_audrey6788 (32206)
My condolences to you and your family. Sorry for loosing your father in law. I hope you`re doing fine now Yes. That`s right we must be closer to God. He is our only hope for this crisis that the whole world is facing
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I'm trying to stay positive
@BACONSTRIPSXXX That`s good.
My deepest condolences to you and your family. I’m so sorry for your loss.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks Dianne, long time no see, hope your family is safe and well
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Thanks. We are doing well.
@cperry2 (4513)
• Newport, Oregon
I am sorry for your loss. We had our own scare with the virus, I bet before the end of the year, few will have not had someone near and dear contract it. Our son did, he has since recovered, but it was still scary.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah both my grandparents had it but they survived it , my father in law was a diabetic and had heart sugery two years ago etc
@cperry2 (4513)
• Newport, Oregon
@BACONSTRIPSXXX I understand. I am glad you have found solace in your religion. Losing a family member is difficult.
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, you have my deepest and most sincere sympathy. I know that your family means the world to you, when it gets hard, think of them, and push yourself thru that rough spot. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts, take good care.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks Julia, it has been devastating but we are pulling through
I am so sorry, please accept my condolences, this virus has caused so much pain in many of us. I hope your children and your wife are well.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah the family is safe and sound thank god
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Take care, we are all living difficult times.
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father in law . . . my heart goes out to you and your family.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thanks, we need every bit of positivity and love