A Dog Day Afternoon

Some dogs have the life, just like my grand doggie, Cody, in the photo. It’s been raining most of the day and very windy. A good day to stay inside and shop! I shopped on and off most of the day, not because it was Cyber Monday, but because I felt like shopping. I bought little things like a Cuisinart food processor for my younger son, because I found out he doesn’t have one. I also bought some things for my other son, my daughter-in-law, my grandkids, my husband, and of course for myself! As fate would have it, I just thought of some other things to order. My younger son borrowed two of my Pyrex glass bakeware dishes and I only have one left. See you after I shop some more on this dog day afternoon.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
Now that you mention that I might as well order my daughter those serving bowls. Thank you for reminding me. There is no better day than a dog day like today the wind is horrible.
I’m glad I reminded you! We are ready if we lose power. The wind is just awful!
• Mt. Vernon, New York
@DianneN Oh lord I never thought of that. I need to fix something to eat. Dang, you're doing a great service today. Thank you.
@sharon6345 Some service.
• Israel
@DianneN I love the picture of Cody. He certainly looks like he is enjoying himself.
Thanks. What else does he have to do?
• Israel
@DianneN I have no idea what he does all day so cannot tell you what else he has to do. You are welcome.
@Hannihar Huh? He's a dog! You can't be serious.
@edisondanila (37016)
Thsnks for sharing about Cody. Howboldbis Cody?
14 I think. He was a rescue.
@DianneN Ok Dianne.
@nomus24g (36904)
most chilled out dog there...
And he’s very excitable most of the time.
@nomus24g (36904)
@DianneN that must be fun time
@CarolDM (108965)
Watching the snowflakes here. A nice peaceful day inside. Cute photo.
Please don't send the sn*wflakes here tomorrow. We are going to get hit with cold weather. Glad you are having a nice and peaceful day. I ran out to see the kitties with an umbrella. Thank you. The dog's daddy sent me that photo laughing throughout the text.
@CarolDM (108965)
@DianneN I will gladly keep them here.
It is raining here too
@kay990 (380)
• Zambia
It’s equally raining here
The wind is the killer here. Waiting for the power to fail.
Love the dog, love the shopping.
Two of my favorite things.......
@lovebuglena (24550)
• Staten Island, New York
That's a lot of shopping. I like splurging once in a while. Hubby bought Apple airpods for his brother yesterday. He told me it was a Hanukkah present. I hope this will also count as a New Year's present as that's an expensive present. We give each other presents for New Years. I wonder if he will get me anything for New Years. Last year he didn't get me anything.
Actually, it wasn't my usual shopping. I really prefer to walk into Saks and shop for everything there and in person, but did the best I could online. Lots of things I wanted were not in stock or not exactly what I wanted. I hope you get a New Year's gift or at least a Hanukkah gift as worthy as the one your hubby bought his brother.
@lovebuglena (24550)
• Staten Island, New York
@DianneN I hope so. My birthday is Dec. 24th. If I had a choice, I'd rather get a birthday gift than a New Year's gift. Though I wouldn't mind both.
@lovebuglena (24550)
• Staten Island, New York
@DianneN I don't remember the last time I shopped at Saks. Beautiful store. The one on 5th Avenue anyway.
@LindaOHio (55043)
LOVE the photo. I did make one purchase today for Cyber Monday for myself. Nothing exciting. Cool your credit card off in the fridge! It's in the 30s here and s**wing. Yechhh! We watch Key West webcams in the evening to offset this weather!
Thanks! Our older son texted the photo and even laughed in his text. My credit card is screaming to be used, but I really don't need or want much of anything. All dressed up and nowhere to go. Sorry about your sn*w. I'm dreading seeing that this winter. We would have been leaving for FL in a few days. Tears......Great idea about the webcams. I should do that.
@LindaOHio (55043)
@DianneN I'm going to miss your reports from Florida. Here's a webcam from Robbie's in Islamorada. You can watch them feed the tarpon and enjoy the sunshine.
https://www.robbies.com/videos.htm
@LindaOHio Thanks for the link! I will watch it right now!
@nela13 (38219)
• Portugal
I am also shopping more online now. I love the photo, it is so cute!
The sales have been great, too, online. It beats having to shop inside a store now. Thank you! It made me laugh.
@nela13 (38219)
• Portugal
@DianneN And it is safer to shop in the comfort of our home.
@nela13 That's the truth! I prefer to shop in person, but this is working out well. If I don't like something, back it goes.
Oh how cute! I went out and did some minor shopping at Target earlier - not crowded thankfully. Before this pandemic, I bought up some Pyrex baking dishes because I had intended on doing some more cooking for my parents this year . . . they would also be a great way to transport all the food to them without using so many plastic containers. Well omg who knew that they would really be put to good use - and I always have our set to use here.
Thanks. My older son texted me that photo laughing hysterically in words. Those Pyrex dishes and bowls come in so handy. I bought a new set with lids for my son and one for me. My son must have "borrowed my Pyrex when we were in Florida. I never knew they were missing until I made my mac and cheese. Thank goodness I had other things that I never use to use.
@DianneN Love it. Maybe the world looks a lot better that way . Hubby has always said we had too much kitchen stuff, but hey, all these extras have really served me well this year. I love the smaller glass Pyrex containers too.
@much2say We should try looking at the world that way, too! One could never have enough of anything. You never know when you will need it. Pyrex makes looks of great things. I only have a few little ones. Perhaps I will order some before I go to bed.
I did some shopping today too. I found a good sale on QVC and got myself a comforter .... a cheap one of course but it'll do what I need it to do for the short time I'll need to keep warm at night.
Enjoy your new comforter. It may last for years and years!
I hope so @DianneN Once it gets here I'll let the kitties have an old one that's not lookin so good anymore, it's all lumpy from all the washing it's been through .... and it's very old.
@rebelann The kitties will love it.
@sophie09 (33908)
that is a good feeling to do shopping
I don't do it often enough.
@sophie09 (33908)
@arunima25 (51401)
• Bangalore, India
I too spent some time online finding and shopping certain items. I ordered few art and craft and stationery supplies. Few are in my wish list but I need to check few more options and then order the best one. Well, Christmas is here. Tis the season to shop and gift
It's always the season to shop!
@arunima25 (51401)
• Bangalore, India
@DianneN Agree
@DocAndersen (32111)
that is an awesome picture - i wandered around cyber Monday at lunch but didn't find anything i wanted.
Thanks. My older son texted me the photo laughing in text. If there is nothing you want or need, then it makes cents not to buy it.
@DocAndersen (32111)
@DianneN oh yeah that is the reality at some point when there really aren't things you need.
@shubhu3 (37050)
• New Delhi, India
That is a cute picture.
Thanks!
@shubhu3 (37050)
• New Delhi, India
• Midland, Michigan
Very cute picture of Cody. Glad your made use of a rainy day and got some shopping in.
Thanks. It felt good to shop and even save some of my husband's money.
• Midland, Michigan
@DianneN lol.
@Nevena83 (57105)
• Serbia
Dogs really know how to enjoy.
They sure do. Sometimes I wish I were a dog.
@Nevena83 (57105)
• Serbia
@DianneN Hahahah, me too.
That is a funny photo. Shopping is fun, it is the spending money part I don't like..
Cody looks like having a grand time
All doggies have a grand time sleeping.