My Makeup Cotton Pads Tree

LadyDuck Christmas tree crafting
Switzerland
December came, the holidays month for many people around the world. I like to craft some little things to decorate for Christmas. This year, watching YouTube, I found a tutorial to make an easy Christmas tree, using makeup cotton pads. I took a photo of my "work in progress" and the "almost" finished tree. It has been a simple and inexpensive project, nothing to buy. I made a paper cone, folded the cotton pads and sewed the "petals" to a string to add to the cone to complete the tree. During the next days I will also show the little angels I am finishing to craft. Did you craft something for the holidays that you would like to share?
@myklj999 (52177)
You really need to slow down, this is your second discussion this year!
Lol.
I know that I have been horrible this year. I waited to post this today not to upset too much the Grinch, we are in December now.
@ZedSmart (15650)
I'm glad to see that she's finally posted a discussion.
That's very cute and looks very easy. I'm making a 'tree' out of a magazine. I've seen it done before so, like you, I found a YouTube tutorial to help me along. I'll post about it when I get it finished.
I have made a tree out of a magazine, it is easy and it looks nice, but I would like to use a spray paint to paint it now.
@LadyDuck I found two types. One type I hope to spray too and maybe sprinkle some glitter on it. But I have to find some glitter first. I guess a craft shop would sell it.
@JudyEv I also have to find some glitters, last year Aldi sold kits with several little containers of glitters, may be the next week, people are ready to decorate for Christmas.
I have not done any crafting, but I am enjoying going through my ornaments decide what to keep and what to donate. I have made trees from tomato cages in the past. I have a friend that made a tree from an outdoor ladder.
I also made trees from tomato cages, I keep everything "small" right now, I like to decorate, but not too much when it's time to take down the decorations.
That is so adorable, I love it!
Thank you Julia, I have to find small little things to decorate it.
@LadyDuck Will you use little beads and whatnot to decorate?
@Juliaacv I made a dough with baking soda and corn starch, it gets as hard as ceramic when it dries. I have cut out small subjects to decorate the tree, I picked up some red berries from the holly tree too.
That really looks pretty cute. I haven't tried crafting anything for awhile..Whatever I do has to be super simple though as I am not good with my hands..and I hate sewing.
I made this one because it was super simple, I have not a lot of patience, if it takes too long it remains an unfinished project.
@LadyDuck Yeah, I hear that!
@shubhu3 (37050)
• New Delhi, India
Wow. They look so beautiful. I want one too. You are all set for Christmas.
It's really easy to make, it takes no time.
@shubhu3 (37050)
• New Delhi, India
@LadyDuck I never tried. I will do this Christmas.
@shubhu3 There are many YouTube videos, some crafts are really simple.
@msdivkar (19461)
Nice hand craft. It will look much better when completed.
I am adding more decorations.
@msdivkar (19461)
@LadyDuck It will look better.
@ZedSmart (15650)
That is so nice!
Thank you, fast and easy to make.
That is soooo cute and what a great idea!! I haven't made anything but my daughter is making personal ornaments for the grandkids (her nieces and nephews) for Christmas.
Watching the video I thought it was easy enough for someone with not a lot of patience.
I am so happy to see your post! I always wait for you to post! i love your crafts! I have not done any crafts but i may start to watch youtube videos and look for something to make as i am bored and need something to do that is not my usual reading all day. I will still read but i want to add something else. maybe i will take up crafting as a hobby! and not just for Christmas! can I glue instead of sewing as i can't sew very well, I can't even get the needle threaded. Of course, i would have Onnie busy trying to "help" me with whatever i choose as he likes to be involved in everything i do!
I also watch YouTube videos and I pick up the crafts that seem easier to make. I am sure you can glue instead of sewing, it should work, but I am not sure. Onnie is a sweetie, I am sure he will be a good helper.
@LadyDuck I think i will go on youtube and see what I can find. Onnie would make my craft look presentable he has so much talent! i don't know if he ever did any crafts? maybe we can do them together and bond?
@Marty1 I think you can watch some crafting videos and make a project with Onnie. Gnomes are easy to make.
@thelme55 (60261)
That is beautiful Anna. I have not crafted any decoration for Christmas, yet. I use to make Christmas tree out of newspapers.
I remember your tree made from newspapers it was beautiful, I also made one last year.
@thelme55 (60261)
@LadyDuck I might make it again this time.
@thelme55 The two I made are still good, but I need spray varnish to make them look better.
@CarolDM (108961)
What a great idea, I love this little tree. Nothing to share here.
I watch YouTube videos almost every day.
@LadyDuck do you only watch crafting and cooking youtube videos? or do you watch other types too? you must as you always have an answer to all my dumb questions! i always admired how smart you are!
@Marty1 Questions are never dumb Jennifer. I also watch animal videos, because I love to watch cats, sometimes short documentaries, I watch a little bit of everything on YouTube.
@nela13 (38219)
• Portugal
It looks lovely! Sometimes I do crafts for holidays with my kids especially for school projects.
I know that your daughter is creative, I remember you posted something in the past.
@nela13 (38219)
• Portugal
@LadyDuck Yes, sometimes I post here about my crafts with her.
@nela13 You have to good children, they are lovely.
That is so cute. You did a great job on it. I can’t wait to see your next post with photos.
Thank you, I planned to complete the angels today, but I was too busy. I want to finish my decorations before Sunday.
@LadyDuck I still only have a small amount of our Christmas decorations out
@shaggin I still have a bigger tree to take out, but I will by Sunday.
How clever! It's adorable and looks fairly easy to make.
It was really easy or I would have not even started... if it takes more than one hour it will be an "unfinished project" forever.
@LadyDuck Save me the make pads after the holidays, so I can remove my mascara!
@DianneN Before using I bought a full package, I need them every evening to remove my makeup.
@wolfgirl569 (34891)
• Marion, Ohio
That is very cute
Thank you, it was so easy to make, I wanted to try to make one.
@wolfgirl569 (34891)
• Marion, Ohio
@LadyDuck It looks like it would be
@wolfgirl569 It is and NO hot glue.
@Dena91 (9988)
I love your makeup cotton pad tree. That is really cute. No, no crafting this year from me as I have in years gone by. Looking forward to seeing more of your crafts.
The cotton pads are so inexpensive that I decided to try. I have to finish my crafts before Sunday, we celebrate St.Nicolas on the 6th of December.
@popciclecold (15189)
It's so nice, and simple. I'll need to check youtube out more.
It took no more than one hour to complete.
@db20747 (32870)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Good to see a post by you Anna! This is very creative! Art from everyday things is very interesting.
I watched so many videos, I am trying at least a few easy things.
What amazing handicrafts ! They gives variety to Christmas.You are skillful in hand !
Thank you, I like more than one colour for the Christmas decorations. I like white because it reminds the snow.
@LadyDuck Yes, at the sight of your works,I conjure up a scene of snowy pine trees.
@changjiangzhibin89 It snowed here yesterday, it's cold today, but sunny.