Shipped Off

It’s crazy how some online orders arrive quickly, earlier than expected, late, damaged, or not at all. I’ve had all except damaged and the not at all variety. Yesterday one arrived on time. Just now one arrived a day earlier. And my son’s girlfriend received one of her Christmas gifts from us last Thursday ~ late! That’s her modeling her new coat from us. With all the online shopping many of us our doing due to the pandemic, I think the shippers are doing the best they can. Better late than never!
@xFiacre (8919)
@DianneN A lot of online retailers have stopped shipping to Northern Ireland because we are so anomalous - half in and half out of the EU while the rest of the UK is totally out. Quite a mess.
I knew that about Ireland, but not about the UK. I have too much news here to follow. Where in Ireland are you? I forgot.
@xFiacre (8919)
@DianneN Belfast. And yes, you do have rather a lot of news over there to contend with!!
@xFiacre I thought so. Yes, listening to the debates right now.
@thelme55 (60581)
Gorgeous lady with a beautiful coat. My new iPad has not arrived yet and I ordered it in Nov.
Thanks. She is so pretty. The coat matches her eye color. I can’t believe you haven’t received your iPad, yet! Where is it coming from?
@thelme55 (60581)
@DianneN That is a beautiful color of her eyes. I ordered it from a German company online shop that is reliable. I got an email last month that it will come on the 15th of January. I am glad I have not paid for it, yet.
@thelme55 Thanks. So hopefully you will get it very soon. Nothing is shipped here without charging it first.
@JimBo452020 (33504)
• Montrose, Scotland
That's a nice coat and it really suits her.
Thanks!. It even matches her eyes.
@JimBo452020 (33504)
• Montrose, Scotland
@DianneN It's green!! Are her eyes padded too lol?
@JimBo452020 No, and nor is her bra.
@sallypup (42466)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Very nice. My daughter mailed me a fragile frame that had one of her drawings in it. The drawing is fine. The frame?? It looks like shiny pebbles on the beach.
At least the drawing is in good shape. Nothing wrong with shiny pebbles on a beach however.
@sallypup (42466)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I agree about the beach pebbles. BUT: when they are supposed to be glass in a frame, well, that's not so nice.
@sallypup No, that isn’t so nice. Are you going to complain?
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Mail carriers are quitting and getting fired left and right too. That might have something to do with it.
It may. Most of my things come from Fed Ex or UPS.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@DianneN we got our ups guy fired. He stole the package with four wheeler parts, some Christmas presents, and my wedding dress the first time I ordered it. So we caught him on camera and reported it. It was about $1500 worth of stuff.
@thislittlepennyearns Wow! Glad you caught him on camera. He should have gone to jail, too.
@LowRiderX (22406)
• Serbia
@DianneN Nice coat, I like the color I don't have a nice experience, whenever I ordered a wardrobe something always came save me God I like to get muscle soreness from hiking and shopping No way to get used to this ‘modern’ purchase..
Thanks. It matches her pretty green eyes. I prefer shopping in person, but haven't entered a store since the pandemic. Online shopping isn't so bad when it comes to being safe. I Lysol everything that enters my house, too.
@LowRiderX (22406)
• Serbia
@DianneN Yes, now because of the pandemic, people are simply forced. I believe you are disinfecting, who knows how many of them touched that package, I would do the same!
• Mt. Vernon, New York
Today my package will arrive and I am reading the right package it was due tomorrow.
That's exactly what happened to me!
• Mt. Vernon, New York
@DianneN I am glad you can get them. I am overjoyed if mine is correct that would be my card-making order.
@sharon6345 You definitely want that to be caorrect!
• Rupert, Idaho
Sometimes it is hard to say when packages will show up! Guess it depends where you are getting things from...and what they are shipping with! For the most part things I order are on time.
I agree. My big problem was the the pizzas I ordered from Chicago, but they made it good in the end.
• Rupert, Idaho
@DianneN Well that is good to hear that they made it good in the end at least.
@Tina30219 (62081)
• Onaway, Michigan
I agree better late than never.
So true! And undamaged.
@Tina30219 (62081)
• Onaway, Michigan
@DianneN Right and definitely undamaged
@CarolDM (109756)
So many delays these days. That is a pretty coat. Fits her nicely.
We've been pretty lucky so far. Thanks! It matches her light green eyes. Ignore her pjs, robe, and slippers.
@CarolDM (109756)
@arunima25 (51885)
• Bangalore, India
We all are experiencing. Fortunately, so far nothing damaged or not at all for me. That's a nice coat and she looks lovely modeling it
Glad to hear it. We are the lucky ones. I've heard so many crazy stories lately. Thanks. It matches her green eyes.
@arunima25 (51885)
• Bangalore, India
@DianneN I got bad quality gardening tools but there were quick to come and pick it up for return. SHe must have a lovely eye color
A Christmas card, gift card I sent up to Pennsylvania just arrived yesterday! Mine is sitll in the mail somewhere I guess. but maybe the box I sent will arrive sometime. I decided to give the post office another week. Nice coat!
The post office is getting on my nerves lately. Redirected mail from Florida either arrives or doesn’t arrive. Thanks. It’s from Patagonia and matches her eyes. I’m glad it fits and that she loves it.
That is a nice coat that you got her. It looks good on her.
Thank you! She loves it, thank goodness. It matches her pretty green eyes, too.
She looks sharp! You do a good job of choosing gifts.
Thanks! She wanted a new coat and it matched her eyes. lol
My LUSH order took forever to show up
But it did! That's all that matters.
As you say, better late than never. I received everything I ordered the day they announced. There are two Amazon shipment that I already received but Amazon "thinks" they were not delivered and is asking if I want a refund. I am going to tell them that they are here from almost one week.
That’s pretty nice of Amazon to ask you. They never as me.
@DianneN They update my account to let me know about the delivery day and those two things show as "non delivered"... both went here from Germany, they must have entered a wrong shipping number, the Swiss Post cannot confirm the delivery for a German code.
@LadyDuck At least you received your orders. I am so happy my son’s girlfriend received her coat now and not in the summer.!
@moffittjc (92253)
• Gainesville, Florida
The cute Mickey Mouse sweatshirt I ordered my daughter for Christmas just arrived today...over 2 weeks late. I still have a jacket I ordered that has not arrived and is going on 3 weeks late, although it shipped. I have a feeling that Fed Ex lost the package. I know these delivery companies are doing the best they can, given the huge increase in online traffic due to covid.
What a great gift for your daughter! I hope your jacket arrives. They must be overwhelmed and we have to bear with it.
@moffittjc (92253)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN Many of my online orders arrived earlier than expected, which was surprising given the volume of packages these shippers have been dealing with.
@moffittjc Only one arrived early for me. That’s great considering
@valmnz (16540)
• New Zealand
The sellers are probably doing a booming business capturing their buyers with their credit cards sitting at home.
I only buy necessities. No where to go.
@valmnz (16540)
• New Zealand
@DianneN I bought a couple of whimsical buys online during our lockdown, but if they're coming internationally that's no longer feasible here.
@valmnz I understand. I only buy American made products now.
That's a nice coat. I love her slippers too.
Thanks! Ha ha. She is also in her pjs and robe.
@DianneN I wondered if that was a scarf under the jacket.
@just4him She was very honest and described everything she was wearing.
@jobelbojel (20554)
She looks beautiful on her new coat. You had a great choice.
Thanks so much! It matches her eyes.
@jobelbojel (20554)
@DianneN you are good at color combination.