One of my Ski Outfits

Had to buy a couple of cute new ski outfits. I ordered this and another two from Gorsuch catalog early last week and they arrived quickly. They keep me warm and dry. This one, with the jacket, is silver. I went crazy and bought an all white outfit and an all black outfit. When I fall into the snow, hubs can’t find me if I’m wearing the all white. I may have to sell them if we return to Florida next year. I don’t see skiing much more in my future, but for now it’s been a blast! Hope to return to Connecticut on Thursday!
@AngelisaQT (1246)
I've never been skiing before, but it looks like fun! That jacket is so nice!
It is fun if you stick to the beginner slopes. Thank you! I love the jacket and everything else. I saw some cute summer dresses when I was looking at the site, but had to put them out of my mind for now.
@DianneN You can always buy them now and wear later. Nothing wrong with that!
@AngelisaQT True, but they would be too hot for South Florida where we usually live from December to June.
Do not forget the appointment for your vaccine. You could always go skiing every year since you are having so much fun. That outfit is really nice.
My vaccine appointment is at the top of my mind. Are you going to get the vaccine? Thank you! Ski clothes are so pretty. I had a difficult time deciding what to get. I would still prefer to be in Florida during my winters. I'm getting a bit sick of looking at snow.
@DianneN The 28th they are making appointments for the vaccine for 65 and older so we are calling that day for an appointment.
@jstory07 Get on early. They fill up so fast!
@CarolDM (118732)
• Nashville, Tennessee
You would blend into the snow with this one. Enjoy and have a safe trip home.
More so with the all white, but I wear a silver hat with a pink pom pom with this outfit. lol Thank you! We are loving it here, but I am ready to return home.
@CarolDM (118732)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I just knew you would get white! But it's good because white and black go with everything. Oh - but I didn't think about you getting camouflaged in the snow . Is this something you would wear on your winter walks in CT too?
That's a nice ski outfit. I'm glad you're having fun in the snow.
Thanks! It's my favorite of the 3. Who would have thought I'd enjoy the snow so much? It's snowing now and it's so pretty!!!
@DianneN You're a believer! Maybe you won't go back to Florida for winter again.
@just4him I wouldn’t go that far!
@thelme55 (64470)
I have just imagine your hubby looking for you with your white ski clothes. That would be dangerous.
It would more dangerous if I fell off the mountain! My pink pom pom on my hat alerts him to my whereabouts.
@thelme55 (64470)
@DianneN I can’t stop laughing here. That pink Pom Pom will help you to be rescued. I wish though that it will not happen.
@thelme55 Thanks. It won't happen, because I only stick to the baby slopes. I'm too chicken to try the other slopes. I can guarantee that I would wind up at the bottom of something.
I also love all white for the snow, I have a white Fusalp "Montana" skiing suit that I really like and I wear when we spend a day in a snowy place. I hope you can sell it next year.
The one in the photo is mostly silver. I shouldn't have any problem selling them, but I will miss them. Half the fun of skiing are the clothes.
@DianneN I like my all white suit, I am not selling it, even if I only use a couple of times a year.
@LadyDuck The same with me. I love wearing white in the winter, too, except for white shoes. I have gorgeous white boots with a bit of python trim. I just don’t touch the python when I put them on.
@LindaOHio (58993)
Great outfit. How long have you been on vacay now? It seems like a month or more. 25 days until spring!!! Now hubs is starting to vacillate on the Florida trip. I think it's too far for us to drive...maybe he thinks so too.
Thanks!!!! Almost two weeks not counting one night back in CT, so hubs could get his second vaccine. Oh, no! Perhaps you could break the trip up with lots of stops along the way. How many miles is it?
@LindaOHio (58993)
@DianneN 1,422 one way. We have a lot of stops planned; but that's a lot of driving for my old hubs, even though I will be doing some driving too. His driving makes me very nervous these days!
@LindaOHio Why don't you just fly directly? Once there, it will be blissful!
@jobelbojel (21327)
White looks good on you. They are elegant. Enjoy and have a blast on your skiing.
Thanks! We are finally home and I had tons of cleaning and laundry to do. Ugh!
@jobelbojel (21327)
@DianneN time for laundry. Something that I hate to do but it is something I cannot leave behind my weekend schedule. I am about to put some loads in the washing machine but decided to go back to bed and MyLot for at least 1 hour.
@jobelbojel Ha ha! I left a load in the dryer. For all I care, it can stay there until tomorrow. Exhausted tonight!
@sol_cee (26433)
Please don’t fall on the snow ... hard
Too late!
@sol_cee (26433)
@DianneN ouch but didn’t your husband catch you when you ‘fall’ for him? Lolll
@sol_cee He fell for me, so I had to try to catch him. It wasn't easy.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
I bet you look good in all of them, too. I've been skiing once. I took a bad tumble and didn't want to do it again.
Aww, thanks. I look good enough to be seen in public, but that's about it. I can understand a bad tumble turning you off. I've had several today as a matter of fact, and to top it off, each was on the beginner's slope.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@DianneN You're welcome. Yeah, I was on the beginner's slope. The instructor said I twisted my ankle. I stayed in the sports shelter until my friend showed up for me. I just talked with people for several hours.
@DaddyEvil Sounds like you got hurt early on. Hopefully, you healed up quickly. At least you didn't break your ankle or anything else.
• Walnut Creek, California
You look great in the photo. Hard to believe your a Grandma! Heh. I didn't learn to ski until I was 22 (in the mountains near Seattle), so it's something I was OK at, but not great at. I'm not sure what my knees would have to say about it now.
That’s not me in the photo, but I wish! I first went skiing in the “mountains” of CT when I was 17. It scared the heck out of me. Still does, but it was fun while it lasted.
• Walnut Creek, California
@DianneN I am a conservative skier. I enjoy it, but don't pretend to be good at it. I'm jealous of the 5-year-olds that go speeding between my legs (kidding) and on down the slope.
@TheHorse My grandkids skied without poles soon after they learned how to walk. Those are the ones I truly admire.
I love those coats with the furry collars but it's never cold enough here to justify buying one.
That should save you a lot of moolah!
@DianneN If I had a good excuse, I'd have one like a shot.
@DocAndersen (35159)
you could trade them for boat wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm coming down to clobber you!!! No boat.
@DocAndersen (35159)
@DianneN i am open to powder clobbers
• Midland, Michigan
It will be good too see you back home again. Glad the outfits keep you warm and dry. You need a flag on your head for when you wear the white one.
The snow is so deep, that I need a flagpole on my head! Thank you! We are thinking of returning Thursday.
• Midland, Michigan
@DianneN lol in the first part.
@mythociate (17808)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
And have you seen the weather lately? I don't know about Florida, but recent winter-storms (when it's ALMOST SPRING) have caused a lot of problems in Texas, Oklahoma (and a little bit in Arkansas and in several other states).
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/2021-02-22/texas-isnt-alone-winter-storms-could-cause-an-infrastructure-crisis-in-other-states
Yes, I keep up with the news several times a day.
@mythociate (17808)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@DianneN So I'm guessin you should KEEP the coat ... just in case ...
@mythociate I have kept all of my coats. Ya never know when you'll need one - for sports, casual, dress, cold, warm, chilly, etc. lol
@Bubba90 (867)
A white outfit is probably a good idea to create a camouflage in the snow
It is, but so far, so good.
@Bubba90 (867)
@DianneN a spy might consider this idea
@Bubba90 very true
@LowRiderX (23778)
• Serbia
@DianneN I like it, I like white for snow, although a fluorescent color is more practical
Thanks. I was considering a red one. Dianne doesn't do fluorescents.
@LowRiderX (23778)
• Serbia
@DianneN Dianne maybe don't, but it's easier for your husband to find you
@stephcjh (34783)
LOL. Hubby can't find or see you? Now, that is what I call camouflage for women lol. Hope you get to enjoy. Have fun.
Thanks! We are loving it here, but good things must come to an end. Heading home Thursday or Friday.
@stephcjh (34783)
@DianneN You're welcome. I bet you are. Enjoy it while you can.
lol WHy am I not surprised that you had to look chic on the slopes and trails? That is a really nice outfit!!
Thank you! I've been getting their catalogs for years, and have bought blouses, sweaters, boots, and pants, but always wished I could buy their skiwear. I just hope I never have to wear them again. I should check out their swimsuits.
@DianneN lol Yes that makes more long-term sense. This is a one and done!!