Your Suggestions Please

@kareng (34410)
I lucked up and got some of these craft wood plaques at sale for 70% off. The total price was only $1.50 each. I bought four of them and left 2 for someone else to have the pleasure of snagging. My intentions are to paint them or stain them and paint a cute/smart/class/good descriptive word on each one. Example: Home, Relax, Coffee. So my question to you is what would you put on them? Photo Credit: Photo Credit: © 2021 Karen Gros, All rights reserved
I have thought in the past of looking up family coat of arms and putting them on similar wooden plaques.
@kareng (34410)
That is a good idea but I would probably come up with nothing. lol.
@moffittjc (96313)
• Gainesville, Florida
My daughter did that a few years ago as a birthday present for me. She looked up my family coat of arms from our ancestral home in Scotland, and then painted the coat of arms on a piece of wood. It turned out beautiful.
@kareng (34410)
@moffittjc And where is the photo?? We wanna see that!! It sounds very nice! What a special gift!
The imagination is limitless when it comes to what to do with those squares. You have good ideas. Maybe a picture to go with the word.
@kareng (34410)
That would work too! Eat! with a picture of a plate and fork! Cook with a picture of a frying pan and bacon sizzling. Yes, great idea.
@kareng You're welcome. A cup of coffee with steam rising for coffee.
@kareng (34410)
@just4him I could do a whole series on coffee! I could also do a smiley face out of coffee beans!! Also 3 piece set connected with 1) I 2) heart shape for Love and then 3) coffee cup or coffee spelled out. I need to get a notebook out now to record all these good ideas!
Those look pretty and inexpensive, I like what you want to do with them.
@kareng (34410)
It could work out well if I have all the supplies I already need to make them. I have a couple of colors of stain and the paint. If I do the fleu de lis, I need a stencil which could be used for other projects too so a good buy. I am excited now over this project. I want to go find some more of them on sale. They were not on sale at the stores here in my area in MS.
@kareng I often check online to buy the supplies I need, I prefer not to stay longtime inside the stores.
@kareng (34410)
@LadyDuck I agree! The store I got them at has clearance table right as you walk in the store. I was only adding money to discount gas card so very fast in and out.
@wolfgirl569 (40358)
• Marion, Ohio
You will think of something good for each.
@kareng (34410)
I'm a pretty much a blank right now! Beach?? Make Waves! ???
@wolfgirl569 (40358)
• Marion, Ohio
@kareng Are you wanting them to be a set. Or just stand alones? That would make a difference. As a set you could do faith, love, joy, things like that. Those could also stand alone as a single focal point.
@kareng (34410)
@wolfgirl569 I like that idea!! I could even glue them together and connect them. Thank you! Now I need to go find more of these!! Actually we will be passing that store on the way to BR tomorrow!! Cool!
@moffittjc (96313)
• Gainesville, Florida
That would be an easy one for me! Anything that has to do with coffee. Or the Florida Gators!
@kareng (34410)
Somehow I knew you were going to say something to the effect of Go Gators!! I should do a Geaux Tigers!! though-- for location, of course! Actually I could do Ole Miss ones too :) And of course, the Saints.
@moffittjc (96313)
• Gainesville, Florida
@kareng I figured the Geaux Tigers plaques would be a given for you!
@kareng (34410)
@moffittjc I'm really surprised that I see as many LSU shirts in Southern Mississippi as I do Ole Miss and Miss. State shirts!
@DocAndersen (39729)
my wife did that in our kitchen she used family heart relax No Phones (the last one she made three of, for the twins!)
@kareng (34410)
More good ideas!!
@DocAndersen (39729)
@kareng i love walking into the kitchen and seeing them! share pictures when you finish them (please!!!!!)
@kareng (34410)
@DocAndersen I will. I am not sure when I will get on this project as we have rain through next Tuesday so don't want to paint or stain with the extra high humidity. I also have to spend another day dealing with mom's banking fiasco and get her social security check re-routed to new bank account.
I'm not very good at this sort of thing but I'm sure others will have some ideas for you.
@kareng (34410)
Not so far. I'm not seeing any ideas from you guys!!
@kareng (34410)
@JudyEv But they are coming in now! Yay!
It would depend on where I would put them, It also depends on what you would want to say In a living room I might say something like welcome friends enjoy Well you get the idea
@kareng (34410)
That was about what I was coming up with; all the common ideas. I don't think Welcome will fit on there! That is a long word.
@kareng just a thought came, You have four how about Wel on one panel then come on another and then to our on a third and the last home and then put them one next to the other just saying
@kareng (34410)
@RasmaSandra That would work!! Now I need to go find more panels on sale! I have more suggestions than blocks to make! Woot!
@LindaOHio (64712)
Looks like you have some good suggestions. I'm pretty much clueless. Are you married? You could put the two names and the date of your marriage.
@kareng (34410)
That would be a good custom job to do. And yes, I am but not doing these for myt house. They will go to the flea market for resale.
@LindaOHio (64712)
@kareng I see. Good luck with those.
@kareng (34410)
@LindaOHio Thank you!
@kaylachan (18242)
They sure seem pretty as is. I wouldn't know what to do to improve them.
@kareng (34410)
They have to have something added!
@kaylachan (18242)
@kareng Then I don't know what to suggest, they are pretty.
@kareng (34410)
@kaylachan We will figure something out!!
@moonandstars (48842)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
o, that's a good idea, like it
@kareng (34410)
@jobelbojel (23985)
I am not sure what to put on them. This for sure will be a good art.
@kareng (34410)
I see snowy below has some good suggestions! I can't wait to get started now!
Peace, Love, Heart...etc. the typical stuff you see on those types of panels or plates.
@kareng (34410)
Yep, all good suggestions! I'm ready to get going on it now but I may have to go get a new stain. I think one that I have though will work. I do want a fleu de lis stencil though for @DianeN's suggestion!
@CarolDM (131440)
Whatever is your choice. It should be personal. You will make the right decision.
@kareng (34410)
I'm not doing them for my home, but to sell at the flea market. I think I have gotten some great suggestions so far from @DianeN and @snowy22315. I knew you guys would come through for me!
@prinzcy (24020)
A plaque. Key holder. Decorations. Can I just use it as cutting board?
@kareng (34410)
A cutting board won't work as it is not a solid piece. The back is cut out. A key holder is another cute idea!
I'd put Livin for the Weekend on one of em. I would stain the wood not paint it. Just me is all.
@kareng (34410)
I don't think that would fit! Boards are only 8 by 8 inches. Weekend wouldn't fit across I don't think, not in a size that would be easily readable.