Imagination. Is Yours Working?

Tell me the story of your first job. You must make up the entire story. None of that crazy true stuff that bores everyone. Make up a story about your first job. Ready? Go.
@Dena91 (14584)
I became a CEO of my own company at 18 and retired at 19 as the richest person on earth.
Is your last name Zuckerberg by any coincidence?
Oh, you're good at this, Dena! Nicely done.
@myklj999 (59963)
Well, y'see, I wuz jest 'bout 'leventeen years old when that happened, and although I didn't know it at the time it was highly illegal, but I wuz promised a lot of monies I never got 'n ended up in a special home for debased children and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement but if I'm still 'Lotting on my deathbed I'll tell the full tale...
I was happy when you got that job. It's hard to find people that wouldn't short me in a deal. Hahah Nice one Myk.
@kaylachan (23437)
The truth can sometimes be more exciting than telling a storry. But, I could tell you the truth, and you wouldn't know, because you don't know me...
I know you're intelligent, have vision and mobility issues, have extraordinary common sense and you're married to a good man nearing retirement. You are complimentary toward most people but don't really care for them in general. You have years and experience under your belt and you'll call a spade, a spade.
@cacay1 (56409)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
My first job as a teacher in a certain college was so unforgettable for I met someone in the campus. I can't forget the guy he's an Architect now. He came to my faculty office just to instantly propose marriage . I was so shocked by the way. He was stalking on me without my conscious knowledge. He's tall 5'10, curly hair, chinito, handsome. That time he was 5th year in BS Architecture . Because I was shocked I told him, No. He was serious in his intention. He kept on inviting me to their house to meet his parents but I refused, until he graduated and never saw him again for years. I saw his name a Board Passser. I was a new teacher that time wanting to explore only to realize, I rejected gold. He visited me 4 years ago and said he married another for I don't like him, but the fact is I realized late I liked him too. It's destiny
That was a great response. I read it twice. Your details made it fun to read.
@cacay1 (56409)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Vikingswest1 , Destiny but life is what we make it.
@cacay1 It is. I've witnessed your strength and intelligence in fixing your PP issue and know you'll do well in life.
@xander6464 (23325)
• Wapello, Iowa
I wish I could do this. And someday I might be able to. I'm on the Imagination Transplant list.
I was kind of counting on you for a complex, oddity filled word salad. Maybe after the transplant?
@xander6464 (23325)
• Wapello, Iowa
@Vikingswest1 Well, I could tell you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about my first job and how it led to my crippling Workaholism but you said you didn't want any crazy true stuff that bores everyone.
@xander6464 It's just harder to make comments using true, everyday events as the set up. Imaginary tales are much more inspiring.
@sabtraversa (11823)
So, I was in charge of a body. I had to take care of it, carrying it to places, waiting for boss to decide when it's time to let it peacefully rot and disappear. It was fine until it got heavier and started developing weird things, pimples and hairs in the wrong places , but boss has told me to keep on going. I've had this job for years. Now I'm making this body respond to a discussion on myLot. Wait, this might actually be true.
THAT is what I was looking for when I started this discussion. Excellent response. If MyLot still allowed me to choose a Best Response, it would be given to you. Thank you for playing
@sabtraversa (11823)
@Vikingswest1 Whoa, thanks!
@sabtraversa I was looking for creativity from others. That was perfect lol.
• Rupert, Idaho
I became a very successful artist and sold one of my designs for a million dollars! Hah I wish. I do graphic design, but am not successful at all.
I have seen the works that you've posted and I think you're creative and you'll find some success in time. Your problem is selling your design for a million dollars gave you unrealistic expectations for future pieces
• Rupert, Idaho
@Vikingswest1 Well I appreciate that, and people say they like it...just nobody buys. I don't even ask for a lot. I can't sell it for $20 lol
@MommyOfEli2013 Are there Flea Markets near you where you could put out your pieces? You could donate a piece or two to businesses that see a lot of traffic. They may display them, getting you some free exposure. A bar or restaurant? A library?
@sjvg1976 (26330)
I though I will have my own cabin and will sit in the office but it never happened I never got a separate cabin and had to devote whole time on the shopfloor.
Don't you hate it when your plans aren't THEIR plans? I had a job like that too. I was promised a desk job but ended up on the floor selling flooring. Thank you for playing
@sjvg1976 (26330)
@Vikingswest1 yes I hate it as I had to go to hospital to see one of my relative who is suffering from the lung cancer and is undergoing radiation these days.
@sjvg1976 I'm sorry to hear that. My dad had bone cancer and the radiation made him feel awful. I hope your relative will come through it soon. I'm sure your visits are appreciated.
@vandana7 (84903)
My first job.... I was not crazy. I was hyper smart. The only thing I looked forward to was eating the nice meal at lunch time. It seems ages ago. I sat in mud neatly washing the plastic milk packets of their stink and fat. Then a v cut at the bottom. place some coconut barks to block and not block add mud mixed with fertilizers, place it aside...make 50 such packets, then go to koleus plants, look for axillary growth, pluck them, go back to the 50 packets, plant them, pour a little water, finish it with all 50. Now wash your face and hands, go to nice shade - eat the delicious lunch. Wait for the nursery owner, he will tell story. At the end of the day, he will give some money. Give it to the poor. That is Khar kamai ..I loved the job.
You created starts for coleus plants? This was a long time ago, wasn't it? Lunch was always my favorite part of the workday when I was young. Did the nursery owner tell good stories?
@vandana7 (84903)
@Vikingswest1 Yeah. Scary ones too. LOL That is why I am a vampire queen. I must have been 11 or so. Khari kamai is part of guides and scouts program here. We earn, we give to the poor.
@vandana7 Hahah I love scary stories too. Is that why we're both distorted now? It sounds like a wonderful program. To teach that lesson to young people is important and gives the kids a sense of work and being charitable.
I came, I saw, I conquered
Good one. Julius Caesar beat you to it by about 2000 years though lol. I have not completed the conquering part yet. Soon. Soon.
@Vikingswest1 In the meanwhile you can listen to this song veni vedi vechi - meaning I came, I saw, I conquered
Charted in the UK in Dec 1954 & peaked at # 12.Originally the B-side of I Still Believe ( charted Nov 1954 # 3 ) but from Dec 1954 listed as a separate chart...
@allknowing What a happy little tune. I loved it. That was really fun to watch. Thank you so much!
@cahaya1983 (10727)
I'm a travel blogger who gets to travel around the world and gets paid for it.
That would be a fun way to make a living. There is actually a television program here with a couple that does that. I always wanted to travel but don't seem to want to these days. Thanks for playing
@cahaya1983 (10727)
@Vikingswest1 No problem! Ah well I still can't travel anywhere right now even if I want to. Hope it will be possible again very, very soon! But dreaming doesn't hurt.
@cahaya1983 It actually helps Let's hope that things return to normal very soon.
@JimBo452020 (53248)
• Montrose, Scotland
Well My first job was when I was 12 years old. I was Captain of a Nuclear Submarine. It sank I escaped but everyone else on it drowned when I pressed the close doors button by mistake. It's lying on the bottom of the ocean now But I am still breathing so there lol
Hahah It explains your love of camping in the rain lol.
@JimBo452020 (53248)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Vikingswest1 I love Purple Rain. Only bloody song I can sing And I am quite camp I think
@sallypup (46332)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Sasquatch teamed up with Paul Bunyan. The two followed me as I shoveled gravel under park picnic benches. They said I wasn't good enough or strong enough to be part of the Youth Conservation Corps cause I was a puny girl. I threw GORP at them, keeping the M and Ms for myself and making sure to pelt them with years old raisins.
From what I understand, Bunyan teamed up with Sasquatch for the Corps but Bunyan used Sasquatch very often for hygenic paper. Sasquatch finally ended the partnership and disappeared into the woods and lives a life of recluse. Bunyan was calling it a day and gathered all the raisins to bring home to his Babe. Shoveling "gravel" comes pretty easy for both of us lol. You really did well with your story
@YuleimaVzla (1499)
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
My first job was the internships I did when I graduated as a Middle Technician in Executive Secretary, I was assigned to a department store but Home Depot style that are things or furniture for home on credit. I was 18 years old I connected to the internet 18 years ago without knowing that employees could not because the internet at that time was business and costly. I paid the bill I owed and left there. What is my fault that they did not leave their computers with a password hahaha.
They made you pay them back? That's harsh. Was it a lot? I agree. They should have used a password lol.
@Decmnel (63)
• Kenya
My first job was selling juice at a small shop the period between finishing A levels and joining university. The used to pay me $15 per week and they used to overwork me alot and I quited the job eventually and went to university where I graduated.
I would imagine that a small shop can get really busy at times and there are not enough employees to handle it. You did well in graduating University. Do you have a path that you've chosen as a career?
@franxav (9331)
Looks like I must rejuvenate mine.
I hope you will. There are no rules and points don't matter
@YuleimaVzla (1499)
• Santa Rita, Venezuela
I wrote the words to a song and found someone to compose it, Then I got a band together and we went onstage at a nightclub in NYC, We got luck and we have been making money with our band ever since, Rock and roll is here to stay,
That was great! That explains the Music History posts. You know what they say about NYC... If you can make it there... Well done
@Vikingswest1 that is my hometown
@RasmaSandra Would you move back to NYC? I'm from Minneapolis and I'd NEVER move back.
@jobelbojel (24595)
I was the CEO of my cousin's company.
I have been the beneficiary of some good old fashioned Nepotism too. I hope it works out well for you
@Matamu (2521)
My first job was as a salesperson. I sell goods to shops in several cities using box cars.
Forgive me. I didn't see this until now. What a coincidence. I had a job like that too only I sold goods on the street corner. You did better than me
@Matamu (2521)
@Vikingswest1 Now I'm no longer like that. I am now opening my own company in the civil construction sector.