Remember that boring day I hoped would continue?

@1creekgirl (28731)
Well, the next day on Sunday we went to church, went out for lunch with some friends and I had a delicious salad. Bad idea. By that night I was in horrible pain and went to the ER. It was what I suspected, a bowel obstruction. Of course I had an NG tube put down my nose into my stomach. If you never had one of those tubes, I pray you never have to. If you have, you know how painful they are. I've had morphine around the clock for the abdominal pain and the NG. I haven't needed the morphine since last night. The surgeon said a few minutes ago that if I keep improving, I'll get clear liquids this afternoon and maybe go home tomorrow. He hasn't totally ruled out surgery, but sure hope I won't need it. I appreciate all prayers. Maybe I'll get anther wonderfully boring day soon, lol!
I pray that you will not need the surgery and that you will get another wonderfully boring day soon. Please rest and hopefully you will be able to have the tube removed and then return home again where you belong.
@1creekgirl (28731)
I sure appreciate that, Julia. I just rode in a wheelchair to have xrays and I enjoyed just seeing something other than my hospital room!
@1creekgirl , I understand your excitement of coming out of your hospital room even for a ride to the x ray room.
I am so sorry, how is it that a simple salad caused such a big mess?
@1creekgirl (28731)
I had a majority of my large intestine removed 20 years ago and have had several bowel obstructions since then. Raw veggies and fruit are not a good idea for me. I need things that are digested easily. I knew that of course, but forget sometimes. Don't think I'll forget again any time soon!
@1creekgirl Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I suffer of IBS so I know that raw veggies and fruits are things I should avoid to eat, but sometimes I do.
@1creekgirl (28731)
@LadyDuck I have IBS also. So you and I need to eat similar foods. I need to avoid nuts and raw fruits and veggies.
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
I once did a gastroscopy and it was horrible. I can understand your pain. Hoping that you get better soon
@1creekgirl (28731)
That NG tube is a pain like no other, isn't it?
@Nawsheen (28595)
• Mauritius
@1creekgirl In fact when I did that test they used an endoscope. And, yes it was very painful. I was literally crying.
So sorry to hear that. Keeping you in my prayers. Hope you will get to go home tomorrow.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks, Laurel. Just went for xrays, so hope they show improvement.
@1creekgirl Well keep us updated.
I'm so sorry to hear that Vicki and I really hope you don't need surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery my friend
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks, Marilyn. We'll see how I tolerate some clear liquids later.
Oh no. Feel bettet
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm so sorry to hear this. My sister had to have that tube and I know she found it very painful too. Sending prayers, hugs and every good wish.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thank you so much, Judy!
I am so sorry Vicki, but thankful they can treat it. Wishing you many boring days.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thank you!
@JimBo452020 (73461)
• Montrose, Scotland
Oh dear Vicki, This is not good. I hope you keep improving and do get home tomorrow Hope you don't need surgery. What is an NG tube?
@1creekgirl (28731)
An NG tube is a nasal gastric plastic tube that one goes through your nose, down your throat and into your stomach. The other end is hooked up to a suction machine that pulls everything into a container instead of through your intestines. It gives your body a chance to rest and hopefully untangle the blockage. Sometimes it needs surgery, but I thankful it seems I won't need it. This NG tube has probably saved lives, but the pain is terrible. You feel that pain every single time you swallow. I'm praying the doc will take it out tomorrow.
@JimBo452020 (73461)
• Montrose, Scotland
@1creekgirl Oh Vicki I flinched reading this. I hope the.doc takes it out as well I was worried about you before, And am again.
@1creekgirl (28731)
@JimBo452020 Thanks, Jim. The doc took out the tube, that wasn't as bad as I expected, and if I tolerate one more soft meal I should go home later this afternoon or tomorrow.
@LindaOHio (79439)
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear this. I pray that you will feel better soon and that you won't have to have surgery!
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks, Linda.
@LindaOHio (79439)
@1creekgirl I'm so glad that you're home. Hugs.
@1creekgirl (28731)
@LindaOHio You have brightened my day, Linda.
@CarolDM (164136)
Thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you improve soon and can be at home.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks, sure hope I can go home tomorrow.
@CarolDM (164136)
@1creekgirl Hope so too.
@aninditasen (3538)
• Raurkela, India
Wish you get well soon. Eat some green vegetables regularly your motions will be clear.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks for the advice.
You are in my prayers and I send you many blessings and I hope you get to go home with no surgery,
@1creekgirl (28731)
I sure appreciate your prayers.
Oh no!!!! I can't even imagine that. I hope you will be headed home tomorrow.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks, Snowy, me too.
@RebeccasFarm (55180)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh Vicki I will pray for you. I cannot believe this.
@1creekgirl (28731)
Thanks so much, Tiara. I just walked down the hall a few laps...I think my legs are slightly swollen.
@Dena91 (16198)
Bless your heart. Prayers you are able to take in come clear liquids and able to go home soon. No more salads for you!!!
@1creekgirl (28731)
Absolutely no salads, raw veggies or fruits, or nuts.
I'm so sorry . I hope you're out of there quick! Nope never had one before and hope not to
Well, so sorry to read about this bad thing happening to you