My Life Has Changed Forever

I’m not even sure how to say this bu Al, my husband for 53 years has passed away. He drifted into the next life without a sound , I was sitting next to him and wasn’t even aware until I went to take an ear temperature. He was such a gentle loving person it was what he deserved after the struggle he had been having breathing Tuesday. I believe that pneumonia was the cause of the breathing issue and morphine the cause of death. He was under hospice care at Kasey’s house and my son Steve the nurse was with us most of the day. He will be cremated. We have a private mass being said today and then we will gather at Steve’s house. Kasey lives much farther away from everyone else and Jason us also out in the woods. I am gutted needless to say but he always told me he wanted to go first. I did give him permission to go if God called and it seems he did. I have a great support system but of course no can take the place of my best friend and love of my life since I was 14 years old. With Parkinson’s I knew this is likely how he would go but I certainly hoped it would be in the far distant future. If not for the pandemic I am quite sure it would have been. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry for your loss Belle, you must be devastated. Of yours I keep you, Al and your family in my thoughts. At least his end was peaceful and with no pain.
@BelleStarr You are doing the right thing, fill your head with wonderful memories, it's all what we need to do. Take care of yourself Belle.
@RebeccasFarm (56647)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
So sorry Belle. RIP AL
Thank you, OT.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@BelleStarr Very welcome my dear Belle xo
• Rockingham, Australia
I was so sorry to read this. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I know how devoted you were to each other and he had the best of care until the end - and was able to die amidst his loved ones.
Thank you, he will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
Sorry to learn that you lost your husband ! Hope you can reconcile yourself to it and take care of yourself !
I hope so too~
Thank you.
I was thinking of you, Al and Kasey and the kids this week. I am sorry for your loss, and that for your family. RIP Al. You opened your heart and shared so much of your private feelings and every day life during the good times and the bad times. I know that you inspired me in ways that I cannot begin to express. Thank you for that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I am glad you were inspired, the love Al gave me made me strong and I was able to provide the care he needed. I am trying to wrap my head around what life without him will be.
@BelleStarr You are surrounded by his love, you always will be. And don't forget that loving family, those grandsons, whom I have always marveled over their commitment to both you as well as Al, and of course your children, and that special bond that you share with Kasey. There is a little bit of Al in all of them, and that will keep his spirit alive.
@Juliaacv Thank you for reminding me of that, I forget that yes, all of them are a little piece of him!!
@Elizaby (6955)
• Pensacola, Florida
Sad to hear that Al passed in the night, but comfort that he went peacefully while asleep to wake up in heaven.. A song came to mind when I read this and I am sharing the words here. It is on UTube(Don Mohn or Truth if you want to hear the song) and is called if You could see me now "Our prayers have all been answered and I finally arrived. the healing that had been delayed has now been realized. No one's in a hurry there's no schedule to keep We're all enjoying Jesus just sitting at his feet. (Chorus) If you could see me now I'm walking streets of gold If you could see me now I'm standing tall and whole If you could see me now You'd know I'd seen His face If you could see me now You'd know the pain erase you wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place If you could only see me now. My light and temporary trials Have worked out for my good To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood Though we've had our sorrows They can never compare what Jesus has in store for us no language can compare You wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place if you could only see me now..Will be praying for you and family
@ramira (32)
He is now in good hands. Rest in Paradise.
Thank you do much and that is a lovely song.
I am so sorry. You will most definitely be in my prayers.
Thank you.
I know it doesn't take away your pain or the loss of your bestfriend, childrens father and husband but I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you in my thoughts, especially today.
@ramira (32)
likewise
Thank you and you know you are always in mine as well.
@BelleStarr I am thank you
My deepest condolences to you and your family,
Thank you so much,
@1creekgirl (29667)
Oh Belle, I can't tell you how heartbreaking it is to hear this. I know God blessed you both with each other all these years. I will pray for God's loving mercy to comfort you and all your family.
Thank you Vicki, the pain is worse than anything I could have imagined but I know he is safe and well and beneath it all I am happy he is free of the body that betrayed him in the end. But I dearly loved that body!!
@1creekgirl (29667)
@BelleStarr Oh Belle, my heart is breaking for you and all your precious family. You'll be in my prayers especially through the holidays.
So sorry Belle Starr... You do have a lovely family that will give you support and comfort in this. May God rest his soul.
Thank you, yes I do have a great family but Al was my world and I just need to refocus.
@BelleStarr It isn't something you will get over, but you will learn to live with it. The pain will fade in time. So sorry!
@wolfgirl569 (49080)
• Marion, Ohio
So sorry. I will be thinking of all of you. It is good to hear he went peacefully.
Thank you, yes it could not have been more peaceful
I am so sorry to read about your husband's passing. I'm happy that he went peacefully. My condolences to you and your family,
Thank you so much, it means a lot to me.
@TheSojourner (36728)
oh, Belle, I am so sorry to hear of this, but am glad to know he went peacefully. Know that I am sending you much love across the miles. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Thanks for your suggestion !
Thank you so much
I am so so sorry to see this. I am grateful that his passing was peaceful. He certainly deserved that as did you.
Thank you for your kind words.
@CarolDM (168668)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I am so very sorry for your loss. Your support system is so important. Hugs to you.
Thank you the hug is much appreciated
@CarolDM (168668)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@BelleStarr Always.
@DaddyEvil (68501)
I am so sorry.
Thank you so much
@DaddyEvil (68501)
@BelleStarr You're welcome.
@DeborahDiane (36866)
• Laguna Woods, California
@BelleStarr - I am so sorry to hear this. I know how hard this is. My husband is very ill, and we have been married for 50 years. I worry all the time about losing him. You are right, though, that it is good that he slipped away peacefully. I hope that happens when the time comes for my husband, too. I am glad you have a good support system. I will hold you in my prayers.
Thank you so much. Nothing can prepare you for this loss, it is like losing yourself. We have been Al & Iz for so long
• Laguna Woods, California
@BelleStarr - I know you must be heartbroken. I know that it will be very hard when I lose my husband. Take care of yourself, as best you can. I'm sure he wants the best for you.
@DeborahDiane he does and he was ready to leave his broken body and go some place better. I just miss being part of a pair, it is a hard adjustment.
I am sorry to hear this. I can see my mom with you when she loses my old man. May he rest in peace.
Thank you
@Shavkat I am so sorry to hear that. Losing your mother is a pain like no other.
@BelleStarr You described it well. Thank you.
@RubyHawk (49919)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m So sorry for your loss. As you know my mate passed away in September unexpectedly. He was also cremated as he wanted. It leaves a horribly empty space. You have my sympathy.
Thank you and yes a gaping hole in your life.
@RubyHawk (49919)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@BelleStarr It is and i don’t know if that hole can ever be filled.
@RubyHawk I suspect not we just learn to live with it.