Are your holiday decorations and tree still up?

New Years tree
@lovebuglena (36665)
Staten Island, New York
My little artificial New Years tree is still up. I am planning on keeping it up until the end of January. The old ball ornaments need an upgrade but can’t bring myself to throw them out and replace them. Have you gotten rid of your holiday tree and decorations yet?
@dodo19 (44452)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
We took them down the first week of January.
@DaddyEvil (68178)
We have a five inch tree that takes on AA battery to light the permanent bulbs embedded in the tips of the limbs. We didn't bother digging it out this year. We really quit giving Christmas presents a few years ago so see little need to decorate. *shrug*
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
Why do you need to dig that tree out?
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
In our family we give presents for New Years. My mom usually always give me a present, even if I don't give her anything. This year she gave me $150. And she gave hubby that as well. Nice gesture but I would have preferred an actual gift, even if it was less expensive. Same for my birthday. No matter how big the amount of cash I get for my birthday I'd rather get a gift.
@DaddyEvil (68178)
@lovebuglena I have always gotten something for Pretty before and would have this year but they couldn't ship to my PO Box and we don't give out our physical address. She laughed about it and said she didn't care.
@kobesbuddy (142151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Jay took our lights down on New Years Day and the Christmas tree was removed on Jan 3rd. We were glad the holiday was over:) The older Christmas decorations are our favorites, we've had them for many years:)
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
My ornaments, in spots the color is faded or came off. They should be thrown out.
@saytama (481)
• Chisinau, Moldova
Oh , this year I didn 't decorate the Christmas tree , I celebrated modestly and at one o 'clock in the morning I already went to bed
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
1 o'clock is not bad. We went to bed closer to three but that's because the celebration we went to only ended at 1:30 am.
@saytama (481)
• Chisinau, Moldova
@lovebuglena Am I getting old ? I really wanted to sleep , so I went to rest early
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
@saytama it’s ok if you go to bed early. Some people can’t even make it until midnight.
@moffittjc (102608)
• Gainesville, Florida
I took down all my holiday decorations last weekend.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
Aside from my little tree no other decorations.
@moffittjc (102608)
• Gainesville, Florida
@lovebuglena I wish the holiday season wouldn't go so fast each year. It always seems like my decorations are never up long enough. I put them up right after Thanksgiving, but it seems like I blink my eye and it's time to take them down.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
@moffittjc I put up the tree after Christmas ends, so I wanna have it up for a bit. Taking everything down right after the new year starts is too early for me.
@RebeccasFarm (56529)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I took mine down the day after Christmas ...most unusual for me
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
When do you usually take everything down?
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@lovebuglena the day after Jan 19
All the decorations have been stored until next year. I always take off everything the 7th of January.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
Since I put up the tree after Christmas is over I want to keep it for longer than just till New Years.
@lovebuglena I keep until the Epiphany (January 6th), I put up the tree and the decorations on December 6th, the day of St.Nicholas, that we celebrate here in Switzerland.
@LindaOHio (82042)
When our housekeeper came over on Tuesday she unplugged the tree and put it away.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
You have an artificial one?
@LindaOHio (82042)
@lovebuglena Yup. Just a tiny, tabletop tree.
@MarieCoyle (2747)
Mine are taken down. I hate that part of Christmas. The anticipation is more fun. I have to get one of the kids to help me get the storage tubs I put the Christmas stuff back in to the garage storage, then it's done until next time.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
If you have a lot of stuff to put away it can be tedious.
@lovebuglena It certainly can. And tiring!
I like your little artificial tree. I didn’t put up any decorations this year. I was moving to a new place just before Christmas. Next year for sure though.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
One thing I like about it is that it's covered in something that resembles snow. So it's like I have a snow-covered tree.
@lovebuglena It’s cute!
• Rockingham, Australia
Yes, ours are all put away now. I find it hard to throw out some things too even if they are pretty ratty.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
Maybe if I find a box of small ornaments that have red, blue, green, and gold in one box I will get those and throw these away. So far haven't found them.
Oh how sweet your tree is! Yep - all our Christmas stuff is put away - since end of last week.
@lovebuglena (36665)
• Staten Island, New York
Thank you! I love it. Not a fan of the way the picture came out though.