Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th! I'm not a superstitious person so today is just another day for me. In fact it's an extra special day because it's my grandsons 17th birthday. Originally I was going to go shopping with both my daughters but when I got up this morning my knees said "no way" and I knew I wouldn't be able to do all that walking. It's a rainy day besides so it's probably better I stayed home and they went out to have fun. When they get back we'll have lunch and spend the afternoon together. Works for me Now I can myLot for awhile while they're gone What are you doing today or anything fun planned for the weekend?
@CarolDM (182402)
Just another Friday here too. The month is almost half gone already. Staying home probably.
We say it all the time about how fast time is flyng by. My daughter and I were just saying that Memorial Day weekend will be here before we know it.
@CarolDM (182402)
@Marilynda1225 And what a big holiday that will be for many. I know the gas prices will keep rising due to those holidays, unfortunately.
It's perfect weather to do the heavier laundry like the large bath towels, it's going to get up to at least 92f or 93f which is great for drying them.
Sounds like perfect drying weather for your bath towels There are times when I miss hanging clothes out to dry and how nice they smelled.
I actually miss my dryer just not the electric bill that goes with it.
I guess you can tell the weather by your knees. Not much, it is an inside day for me, but Saturday as long as the weather isn't awful plan on going to a barbecue cook off.
My knees complain when it rains and snows. Better than any weatherman could predict Hope you have nice weather for your barbecue. Tomorrow is my daughters birthday so we're going to the Outback steakhouse for dinner
@Marilynda1225 yum Outback!!
@Kosgey (1681)
Good day for me here, I am really having a nice day after completing my first project. it has been causing me headache for almost three weeks.
Glad you were able to get your project done. Sometimes projects can cause stress and headaches
@Kosgey (1681)
@Marilynda1225 Yes , its only that I was in no pressure from other extra activities and I had alot of free time.
Not doing much.
I can enjoy those "not doing much" days
@ShyBear88 (52596)
My plans for today are the normal but we will after the kids go to bed pull out a scary movie. It’s a thing me and my husband do when the 13th comes around on a Friday or Halloween. Love a food ready to watch those movies and laugh at how those people didn’t see they coming.
That sounds like fun way to spend the night on Friday the 13th! yes those scary movies find you yelling at the tv...don't go in the basement
Friday 13th is considered a lucky day in most European countries. I received $ 5 voucher to play lotto... we see today if I win something.
@LindaOHio (91981)
Happy belated Birthday to your grandson. It's nice that you got to spend time with your daughters. I don't believe in the 13th being unlucky either. Nothing planned for this weekend.
@RubyHawk (59437)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Nothing special. I had my walk and workout at the gym. That was the highlight of my day.
• Rockingham, Australia
My friend's birthday is the 13th too and they're coming for a meal this evening. I'm looking forward to that.
@wolfgirl569 (53695)
• Marion, Ohio
Went to the auction today. Brought about 80 dollars more home than I spent. So good day
@nela13 (49915)
• Portugal
I am not superstitious too, I was born on 13th and I have already celebrated my birthday on Fridays. It is a good day for me.
@Morleyhunt (21741)
I worked today. Now I’m off until Wednesday. Tomorrow I plan to go to a quilt show….silly me….like I need more inspiration.
Happy Birthday to him! My hubby had an early morning meeting with the district manager where he works. It turned out really well as he got a good raise, retro back to the beginning of the month. There is a small port town a couple of hours from here, Port Dover, where all of the motorcycle drivers congregate on Friday the 13th. They bring the little town to life, they come in droves from all over and the hospitality sector and small shops love this day.
@BarBaraPrz (36505)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Lovely sunshiny day here today, and didn't even realize it was Friday the thirteenth.
@moonandstars (57626)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
all the best to him. ah, friday 13. it comes and goes away
@sabtraversa (13381)
Happy Birthday to your grandson! It sounds like a nice day. I barely noticed it was Friday the 13th and I can be quite superstitious at times. This Sunday my local team will play the last championship match and I'm going to attend it with my father, hope we can win because that's the only way to qualify for the playoffs.
@DaddyEvil (78921)
We watered outside plants this morning early and then went to bed. (I woke up to use the restroom and am myLotting until I fall asleep again.) We don't have anything else planned for the day. It's sunny and 83F right now.
@LeaPea2417 (33536)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I'm not superstitious either. Happy birthday to your grandson.