Happy Weekend!

Ube ice cream
@thelme55 (76416)
Germany
Good morning everyone! It’s weekend again and it started well with me and my friends last Friday late afternoon. As what I have told you on my last discussion that I would make purple yam ice cream for them. Mind you, they were crazy about the ice cream and I thought they would fight as one of them had 3 portions already while the others were not finish yet with their first share. It was fun to see how they reacted to my homemade ice cream. I think I will make more next time. How’s your weekend? Any plans for today, Sunday? I just stay at home today as I was out dining with my friends last night at the promenade restaurant in Westfield shopping mall. I will tell you how fun was it next time. I am going to make rosewater again in an hour and will have to wilt banana leaves on the cooking range. I have harvested the roses and the banana leaves at my friends garden last Friday. See you later. Thanks for reading.
• Rockingham, Australia
Your cooking and meals sound quite exotic to me. What will you use the banana leaves for?
@thelme55 (76416)
Really? I will use wilted banana leaves in wrapping a dessert called Suman. Suman is made of Malagkit or glutinous rice steamed with coconut milk. I will show you later a link about it. Thank you @JudyEv.
• Rockingham, Australia
@thelme55 Thanks for the link. I think I've had these in restaurants. I was going to make myself some rice pudding while Vince is away. He doesn't like milk puddings but I love them.
@thelme55 (76416)
Here is the link on how to make Suman @JudyEv.
Your browser isn’t supported anymore. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn moreRemind me later
@Nakitakona (54546)
Sunday is our family day. We go to Church as a family, worship together and eat our lunch together in out favorite eatery hangout after Sunday services.
@thelme55 (76416)
That is a good Sunday get together.
@Nakitakona (54546)
@thelme55 Yes it is.
@yanzalong (18870)
It rained since early morning. We didn't do anything special this weekend.
@thelme55 (76416)
We have a nice sunny weather here at 22C. Thank you @yanzalong. Still, enjoy your weekend.
No plans. Same thing today.
@thelme55 (76416)
Okay. Have a nice day @CookieMonster46. Thank you.
@DaddyEvil (103940)
I hope you enjoy your day! We aren't doing anything. Covid is back in our area, so we're staying home to avoid people.
@thelme55 (76416)
Yes, I am enjoying my day @DaddyEvil. Thank you. Sorry about that. We should keep ourselves safe.
@DaddyEvil (103940)
@thelme55 You're welcome. We're definitely trying to stay safe.
You sound like you had a fun weekend Your purple yam ice cream certainly sounds like it was a big hit. Hopefully one day I'll be able to try it (even though I've never heard of it before). I do love ice cream My weekend flew by so fast it's now Tuesday here
@thelme55 (76416)
Yes,I had a fun weekend @Marilynda1225. I have seen on Facebook that an Ice cream restaurant is selling Ube ice cream in Frankfurt, Germany this week as long as they have the Ube or purple yam ingredients. I think the owner is a Filipino. It would be nice if I live nearby.
You are quite the little cooker! I would eat that purple ice cream!
@sjvg1976 (38201)
It's Sunday here and I also have decided to stay at home today as last week only we went on a family tour and then I went to work for the whole week so I am tired and wanted to take a rest. My kids are insisting on going to the theater to watch a movie but I am not willing, I want to stay at home for the whole day.
@thelme55 (76416)
Enjoy your day at home. Thank you @sjvg1976.
@RebeccasFarm (78239)
A lovely desert of ice cream Thelma! You too have a nice weekend.
Some one gave us ube but we didn't eat. My last ice cream lately was cookies and cream.
I hope you enjoy the new week,
@Gillygirl (47342)
• Sutton, England
I had the grandkids round so it was hectic. Your ice cream looks interesting
@aninditasen (11249)
• Raurkela, India
Glad you enjoyed your time with your friends. My Sundays are always busy and relax in the evening.
@cabuyogty (1757)
I like your purple yam ice cream selfie . I like to eat a lot of ice cream also . Keep safe .
You are having a fun weekend-that is great. My hubby and I were busy running errands and shopping for most of the day yesterday, we got alot done. We are staying in today, I would like to bake some cookies to bring some for cart treats for my hubby when we go away on Friday. Our son just texted me asking if we'd be home today as he and his wife need to go to costco, so they will drop the twins off here so that we can watch them while they shop.
Too hot, staying inside.
I see a bottle of Aperol and one of Tequila in your photo... you had nice drinks.
@nela13 (51987)
• Portugal
How do you do rosewater?
@LindaOHio (109762)
I'm glad your ice cream was well received. No plans here. Have a good Sunday.
@CarolDM (199095)
They wil love this ice cream. The color is so pretty. You are always da creative with your goods. Enjoy.