What are you having for lunch today?

Walnut Creek, California
I had one piece of leftover sushi for breakfast this morning. Then I ate a half a toaster waffle at the preschool that the kids didn't eat. For lunch I'm having another piece of sushi and a frozen spring roll. My photo is yet another example of Horse Deception. I actually had chili with white onion,sharp cheddar, and hot pepper about a week ago. It was quite good! This afternoon I'm off to play some music with my band mates. What did you have for lunch today?
@CarolDM (187460)
Just started a salad a few minutes ago. 4:pm here. I guess this is dinner.
• Walnut Creek, California
Do describe! I've had a bit of a hard time finding hearts of palm recently.
@CarolDM (187460)
@TheHorse Lettuce, tomato, cheese, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, and dressing. Very good.
@DaddyEvil (87122)
I had some of the shawarma Pretty and I made two days ago. Photo is mine.
@vandana7 (90950)
You ate only that? No bread with it? What is shawarma..
@vandana7 (90950)
@DaddyEvil So which one is the meat, the yellow one, or the orange pieces?
@vandana7 (90950)
@DaddyEvil Bell peppers look like that? Blink. Ours look green...that is they are capsicums. See, I don't know anything about your world. LOL
@TheSojourner (51499)
A must go soup with beans.
@vandana7 (90950)
Isn't that too little? I don't understand Americans.
@vandana7 A pint of soup is too little.?
@vandana7 (90950)
@TheSojourner - My father is 88, he drinks 1/4th liter tea in the morning, then breakfast, which is 4 idlis, then at 11.30 1/8th cup ensure, then at 1 pm 1/4th cup soup, then at 2.30 lunch which just has some rice and some vegetable preparations, two usually, and ends it with curds and rice. Then a banana. Then around 5.30 again another 1/8th cup ensure, then 7 pm, 1/4th cup tea, then at 9.30 pm, we have our dinner, which he eats only one chapati, but one egg, and some vegetable and some rice and curds. Finally, an apple a day to keep the doctor away. I drink less tea, and do not drink ensure and soup. Rest of my diet is pretty much the same, except that I eat more rice, and in the night two phulkas instead of one. He eats non veg, I don't, not even egg.
@FourWalls (45615)
I had a chicken taco salad for lunch and a semi-loaded nuked potato (turkey, tomatoes, and ranch dressing) for dinner.
• Walnut Creek, California
Did both satisfy?
@FourWalls (45615)
@TheHorse — totally and arbitrarily!!!!!!
@vandana7 (90950)
@FourWalls Phew...you sounded "normal" eater. If Pony eats only that, I wonder how he controls his anger.
@Tina30219 (78302)
• Onaway, Michigan
I had a grilled cheese sandwich and pretzels
• Walnut Creek, California
Satisfying? What kind of cheese?
@lovebuglena (36512)
• Staten Island, New York
I just had Turkish manti and some rice, both of which are leftovers from last night's Turkish restaurant order.
• Walnut Creek, California
What is "manti"? I'm not sure that I've ever had Turkish food.
@lovebuglena (36512)
• Staten Island, New York
@TheHorse They are like dumplings. It's dough filled with lamb. They are usually big and I think steamed. This one had small ones and they weren't steamed and were in sauce.
@TheHorse The last number of Turks and their descendants living in Germany is from 2021. The number is: 2.747.000. The first Turks were hired in the 1960s to help boost German industry. Many worked in the coal mines.
@BarBaraPrz (37545)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Campbell's tomato soup with home-grown dill added.
@vandana7 (90950)
What is dill? Is that all you eat for dinner? How do you get energy to do the day's work then?
@BarBaraPrz (37545)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@vandana7 Dill is an herb. How do I get the energy? I'm solar powered.
@vandana7 (90950)
@BarBaraPrz Our sun god runs away from you all. But seriously, I really cannot believe you all eat so little and are still so energetic to do so many household chores.
@oahuwriter (24511)
Well, I eat a brunch, today fried noodles with leftover meat slices and a big bowl of fresh veggies topped with Thousand Island dressing. A nice time jamming with friends, nice. Ready for the 4th? I went shopping for it today. Nathan's hot dog, Nestle's chocolate chip cookies to cut & bake. Tv news for the fireworks for me. Going to cut up my hit dogs to eat with rice after I fry them. I was debating, bun or rice.
@vandana7 (90950)
My kinda person. While I don't eat meat, I cannot eat only one thing. I need a lot of food.
@oahuwriter (24511)
@vandana7 My menu simple, & glad you like it! Guess va vegetable dish, instead of hot dog!
@vandana7 (90950)
@oahuwriter Yeah...these people eat so little...make me feel like a glutton. Evil Grin.
• Rockingham, Australia
We might pick up KFC on our way to get the caravan. It will be about lunchtime so that seems a good idea.
@vandana7 (90950)
What is the local equivalent to KFC? Russians have developed alternates to KFC and McDonalds, after all, Russians who worked in these chains know how these fast foods are made. With slight variation they can claim it to be their own product.
• Rockingham, Australia
@vandana7 We have KFC, McDonalds, Chicken Treat, Burger King, Hungry Jacks - all much of a muchness.
• Walnut Creek, California
@vandana7 Are you sure? I would assume that the "secret sauce" atop a Big Mac is sent in vats to McDonalds.
@aninditasen (7620)
• Raurkela, India
I had the special "kichddi " that we make on this day of Rath Yatra/Car festival along with raw banana kofta and cucumber raita. All Indian dishes.
@vandana7 (90950)
I wanted to ask you that. You attended Rath yatra? You should upload pictures. :)
• Raurkela, India
@vandana7 The time when I attended in the 90s there wasn't a smart phone and was not carrying my camera. So I can't load the pictures.
@LindaOHio (99276)
You have to start eating better. I had Meals on Wheels - Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and fruit cocktail.
@vandana7 (90950)
I agree. That meal looks really dangerous. And helping way too small. I definitely will not go to California to eat the meal Pony promises me. Imagine, he would be staring at how much I can stuff into me.
@LindaOHio (99276)
@PhredWreck (8247)
• Olney, Illinois
I are be havin' it many hours previous but I think it was blowna 'n cheez
• Walnut Creek, California
No Ramen on the side?
• Olney, Illinois
@TheHorse It's up above in the cabinet
@dya80dya (26659)
I had some chicken meat.
• Walnut Creek, California
Did it do the job?
@dya80dya (26659)
@TheHorse Yes. I don't have a good appetite. I will have an ice cream soon.
@vandana7 (90950)
Sudhar jao (repair yourself), you don't have a homeopath living close to you to help you if you feel acute pain. Sigh. Avoid such spicy food. I am suffering because of pickles. She is treating me. I have to eat curds and rice everyday. It tastes horrible...like hospital food. Yucky.
• Nairobi, Kenya
I just had rice with stew
@Beestring (3023)
I love sushi. I had Chinese dumplings with pork and vegetables fillings for lunch.
I had a little bit of basmati rice and ghormeh sabzi (Persian herb stew) - last of the leftovers of that meal.
In half an hour it will be midnight in Central Europe. I don't think of today's lunch anymore.
@Nakitakona (50802)
Music is your passion. Isn't it? How long have you been with it?
@sjvg1976 (35077)
I had Rajma and Chawal (Kidney beans and rice) for lunch. Maybe you may not have tried it. It's very tasty food, ask any Indian he /she will tell.