I got some work done on my book this morning!

Walnut Creek, California
I should draw up a contact with myself. If I worked on my book as much a I do writing posts on MyLot, said book would be done in a few months. This morning I did a post about a jerk driver who bothered me slightly a couple of days ago. After I did that post, I wrote the same number of paragraphs in my book. That's what I have to keep doing. Sometimes I feel "uninspired" when it comes to the book I'm writing. But I have noticed over the years that the quality of writing does not change depending on how "inspired" I felt then I was doing the writing. I just have to keep on plugging. How do you deal with "writer's block" when it affects you?
@DaddyEvil (88283)
I guess I missed seeing an earlier discussion from you. I'll look and see if I can find it. I'm glad you got some work done on your book. (Talking with us is a lot more fun than talking to your book. ) There's a reason I don't have as many discussions posted as you do.
• Walnut Creek, California
What is that reason?
@DaddyEvil (88283)
@TheHorse I can't think of interesting things to talk about.
• Walnut Creek, California
@DaddyEvil I think anything CAN be interesting.
@lovebuglena (36651)
• Staten Island, New York
Did you set a deadline for your book? Maybe if you did that you'd work on it more.
• Walnut Creek, California
I did not. One of the reasons is that I enjoy having projects going on in the background. But I don't want to draw it out for too long!
• Walnut Creek, California
@lovebuglena Do you have to write more poems? I have not written any new poems (except Haiku on MyLot) in years.
@lovebuglena (36651)
• Staten Island, New York
@TheHorse I never really set deadlines for my books. Maybe that's why a few of my poetry books that I started are not being worked on.
• Rockingham, Australia
I've heard that too. Write whether you feel like it or not and edit later if you need to. Often, once you get started writing, the muse kicks in and you can go on more easily.
• Walnut Creek, California
I've had that happen over the last couple of days. One paragraph leads to another. But then I suddenly burn out and want to do something else.
• Rockingham, Australia
@TheHorse But at least by then you have managed to get some writing done.
I read what others write when I have nothing to write.
• Walnut Creek, California
If I'm inspired, I can write something about nothing. Heck, Seinfeld, had a decent TV program doing that.
• Walnut Creek, California
@paigea It was one of my favorites. I loved the episode about the stolen car that got returned.
@TheHorse Yes they did.
@Deepizzaguy (69649)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like to write stories about news events that happen on the Microsoft news as well as sports stories like an opinion piece on a journal.
• Walnut Creek, California
I chose not to write about the shooting in Illinois.
@Deepizzaguy (69649)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@TheHorse I do not blame you at all.
I am not a writer, so I can't relate. But I would think, you should try to sit near a place with a scenery or some sort, and try to get the inspiration you seek.
• Walnut Creek, California
Sometimes I get inspired just my looking at old pictures.
@TheHorse Cool...
@vandana7 (91020)
I am not a writer. I just pour my thoughts. If you understand it, the credit goes to your brains. Not my skills. LOL
Simple, I do not write, I am not writing from ages here.
@xander6464 (35514)
• Wapello, Iowa
How do you deal with "writer's block" when it affects you? -----I firmly tell it, "I DO NOT CONSENT." And it persists, anyway. I suspect that others have the same problem and that's why liquor stores and pot dispensaries always do so well.
@xander6464 (35514)
• Wapello, Iowa
should draw up a contact with myself. If I worked on my book as much a I do writing posts on MyLot, said book would be done in a few months. --------------------Just make sure you get a good Agent and Lawyer. Otherwise, you run the risk of talking yourself into a contract you really won't want to be in.
@wolfgirl569 (58534)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you worked on the book. When I cant think of something I write a post here about it
• Walnut Creek, California
Hi, Eva. I have nothing to say! Actually I survived Guitar Center and am resting now.
Good for you and glad you got more done on your book. Since I started jotting down notes about things that come to mind and what I want to write about I have not had any writer's block in a long time. Usually, I have so many ideas roaming in my head that I don't even know where to begin, What can I say? Writing is my life,
• Walnut Creek, California
I get these cool ideas sometimes but never write them down.
@RubyHawk (67460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
What is your book about?
@LindaOHio (99898)
I take a break when writer's block hits. Then when I feel inspired again, the words just flow non-stop.
• Walnut Creek, California
Sometimes I have to force them out. Right now I'm on a break from work, so I'll be brief.