They Are Gone

@wolfgirl569 (58187)
Marion, Ohio
And I am 50 dollars richer. But in most ways I would rather have my chickens. It felt funny to go out to water my plants and not have any chickens to feed. I have been trying to pay more attention to noises and still dont hear any coming from the neighbors. Really starting to think hers might have all got killed. Its getting tempting to go visit I checked the beans this morning. I plan on starting to pick them Saturday morning. I did do some weed pulling this morning. I will work more on that tomorrow depending if we get rain. I will also be picking hot peppers tomorrow night or Friday morning. Time to start getting some money back from the garden. Hope your day went good.
Poor chickens, it is a shame that all have been killed, go there and have a look.
@cacay1 (73411)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck why were her chickens killed? The feeling sucks.
@cacay1 There is a weasel (small carnivor animal) that also killed one of the chickens of Eva.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
As Anna said we have a weasel on the area. They are nothing but killers.
Poor chicken! They might be missing mom if they are still alive.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
As quiet as it is at the neighbors they are not over there for sure
Chickens would be nice to have around, but it's nice you were able to make money selling them.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
They are. I love having fresh eggs.
• Rupert, Idaho
That would feel strange if you are used to doing that everyday.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes it does.
@Deepizzaguy (69411)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I know the feeling of saying goodbye to animals that you took care of that have left home but you made money in the process like stories when a dog or cat gets adopted by a loving family at an animal shelter. The officials of the animal shelter admit that they are sad not being able to take care of the animal but happy that the animal will be living with a loving family.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
It was weird not needing to feed anything tonight
Better than seeing that weasel getting there for your chickens.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
Yes it is. I caught it on the trail cam a couple of nights ago. It was coming from the direction of the neighbors.
@wolfgirl569 May be after emptying your neighbour's cage?
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
@allknowing I did hear a rooster over there today. But they could have bought more.
@DaddyEvil (87261)
It was hot here until late this afternoon when the storm clouds started rolling in and the temp dropped from 105F to 86F. (It's still 80F outside and sprinkling. We keep hearing thunder roll past overhead but the big downpour hasn't happened yet.) Sprinkling is fine as long as it keep sprinkling through tomorrow afternoon like the forecast shows... But I'd really like a good hard rain now. I got to tease some people on myLot and enjoyed myself. (Yeah, Sam got a lot of teasing again. ) I hope you have a quiet night. .
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you have a cool down and hope you get a good rain. A steady rain, not too hard, does more good. Poor Sam
@DaddyEvil (87261)
@wolfgirl569 It started pouring around 2 am and the temp dropped to 73F. I turned off the A/C and we'll see when it starts getting warm enough we'll need to turn it back on. It's been alternating pouring rain and a steady sprinkle since 7 am. Don't "poor Sam" him yet. He's still getting in some good teasing of his own now... He Rick Rolled me last night!
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
@DaddyEvil Hope you stay cooler at least for a few days. Good for him.
• Israel
@wolfgirl569 For me, it is strange to read about you with plants and weed pulling and not running around feeding your chickens or tending to other animals on the farm. What happened to the chickens? I am glad you are $50 dollars richer but would rather have your chickens back. One gets used to certain things.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
For the last few years the neighbors have had an over abundance of rats that over flow to here. I am tired of losing my baby birds and weasels often show up when you have lots of rats. They will kill the adults. One of those got both my guinea fowl.
• Israel
@wolfgirl569 I understand why no more chickens then.
@JimBo452020 (42611)
• Montrose, Scotland
That would freak me oit. Going out to do stuff and not hear or see the chickens Minds not on this In the doctors surgery with Yvonne Sorry for the shite reply Eva
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
You are fine. Hope you get answers soon.
@JimBo452020 (42611)
• Montrose, Scotland
@wolfgirl569 Well didnt get any answers today. Just more bs, unhelpful waffle,
I bet it is very quiet there.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
Toooo quiet. Now I am more determined to get some goats
@LindaOHio (99393)
It's too bad you had to sell the chickens. Soon you will be working hard canning!
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
If the neighbors animals are all gone I can probably get some more next year. Its just a pain to have to start over again.
@sallypup (49215)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I miss having chickens.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
I already miss mine
@cacay1 (73411)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That's money already but never mind. Why were your chickens killed? My neighbor sold their young rooster to us at 900 pesos and my sister cooked it. It will be our dinner tonight, yay.
@wolfgirl569 (58187)
• Marion, Ohio
We had a weasel move into the area. This is the 4th year in a row as the neighbors constantly have rats. Weasels hunt those. But they also kill any little thing around.
Enjoy the Pick up part of gardening