Crabs and shells in Busselton, Western Australia

Rockingham, Australia
Can you see the cute crabs in front of the tray of sea-shells? There is a real ocean theme to all the décor in our house-sit. The crabs are made of iron and are quite heavy. Another feature that I haven’t been able to photograph is the ceiling of our bedroom. When you turn off the light, you see dozens of stars on the ceiling. They seem to sparkle. Vince reckons they whirl round and round but I think that’s his eyes playing tricks. Tomorrow evening the owners come home from Bali. They have to catch a bus from Perth but Vince will pick them up in town and bring them home. I’m wondering how berserk the dogs will go when their Mum and Dad return. I’m sure it will be a very excited reunion.
@RebeccasFarm (78252)
I wish I had the energy to do an ocean theme in this apartment, as you know I love it.
@JudyEv Oh I tell you, would be so lovely to be there Judy. You know I was wondering what would become of you and Vince when you moved from your beautiful land..into the retirement village..well I never dreamed you would be having more adventures and I love it that you are
• Rockingham, Australia
@RebeccasFarm I'm glad we've found something useful to do with our time. We're not quite ready to stop completely.
• Rockingham, Australia
There was shells, oars, surfboards all over the place.
@CarolDM (199109)
How cute is this decoration on the table. I can imagine how neat those stars are on the ceiling.
• Rockingham, Australia
They only seem to last an hour or two but it's pretty neat.
• Rockingham, Australia
@CarolDM That's a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that.
@CarolDM (199109)
@JudyEv Long enough to go to sleep perhaps. I know many that use them in their child's room.
That is a really kool display. Oh yeah, the pups will be overjoyed when they come home .... just think, if you house sit again they will probably give you a joyous greeting as well.
• Rockingham, Australia
They give us very big welcomes at the moment if we go out to shop or whatever. lol
Will you be there to witness the dogs reunion with Mum and Dad? I am sure they will be in heaven.
@JudyEv I can imagine how happy they will be to see their Mom and Dad back, you should record a video.
• Rockingham, Australia
The last bit of the trip will be by bus and Vince will pick them up and bring them here. The dogs will go bonkers.
Thats a great ocean theme and for a minute I thought the crabs were real. I'm sure the owners will get a huge greeting from the pups when they return from their trip.
@JudyEv my dog is small and she can be rowdy when people come to visit
• Rockingham, Australia
@Marilynda1225 When they did arrive home, Gracie, the black one, did little yelps for ages, running from one to the other. If she'd been a child, she'd have been in floods of tears. It almost had me crying.
• Rockingham, Australia
They give anyone a very noisy welcome. I don't think they could get much rowdier.
@Beestring (8733)
I'm wondering how the iron crabs were made.
• Rockingham, Australia
I guess there is a mould that they use.
@Beestring (8733)
@JudyEv Should be.
@yanzalong (18872)
How long did they stay in Bali?
• Rockingham, Australia
They only stayed a week this time. They had to cancel a longer holiday earlier in the year because the husband got sick.
@wolfgirl569 (65430)
• Marion, Ohio
I would like to see that ceiling. Have you tried with no flash on? It might catch the idea at least.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'll try to remember to get Vince to try with his camera tonight. Mine won't take it at all.
@DeborahDiane (38480)
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - I love the ocean theme in your house-sit. We bought a home once that had those "stars" in the ceiling of our guest room. We didn't even know it at first, because you could only see them at night. It was not until one of our daughters stayed in that room with her husband, that they told us the next morning. It was very cool!
• Rockingham, Australia
They just seem to last an hour or two. Vince thinks they absorb light through the day but don't store enough to last all night.
@LindaOHio (109732)
What a nice decor. The dogs will definitely go berserk when the owners return.
• Rockingham, Australia
It will be fun to see it.
@dgobucks226 (31581)
Quite an assortment of shells there. Nicely decorated!
• Rockingham, Australia
There are shells all over the place. And other beachside stuff too.
@LouAvul (2396)
Oh your house sit this time was very short.
• Rockingham, Australia
Yes, this was only for a week.