Making Changes

Green Bay, Wisconsin
If I waited for the rain to stop to get back on the computer, I would still be gone. However, the worst part, thunder, and lightning are done for now. As always happens when it rains, I get sleepy. I had a good nap. I don't know how long, but it did me good. I decided to make a change in my office. I moved the computer to the small desk. I'm not sure I like this set-up, but it works. I also put the printer closer to the power surge on the drafting table that was my computer desk. I started watching a movie before I took my nap, Charlotte's Web. Not what I was expecting. I remember the animated, this is live-action and is really cute. I'm going to finish watching it before the day is done. For now, the notifications are finished. I'm hungry, and I need to work on the Thread of Evidence. The picture is the new set-up in the office. How is your Wednesday? Thanks for reading.
My Wednesdday could be better. My depression is kicking my butt.
I'm sorry it's kicking you in the butt.
@just4him Thanks. I see the doctor tomorrow.
@NJChicaa I hope it helps.
@CarolDM (40806)
Glad the lightning is gone. We had that yesterday with only a few drops of rain. Quiet day.
Thank you. I'm glad it is too. I'm sorry you only had a few drops. It's still raining.
@CarolDM (40806)
@just4him We will get our rain sooner or later. Thanks.
@CarolDM We don't need anymore.
mercy, that's a huge puter screen! i hope ya get comfy with yer new set'p, hon. i need to do some serious de-clutterin'/organization here fer mine, too. perhaps when the hubs goes huntin' i can tackle such a project. jest can't hold out to do't all the 8 hours he's 't work. the hubs claims he stayed home to take care 'f his ailin' wife... that ought'a be 'nough said, no?
That was sweet of him to stay home with you. The screen is actually an inch smaller than the one someone stole before I moved from the other house. It was 25" and I loved it. This one is 24". I couldn't handle a smaller screen. My eyes are bad enough without making them worse trying to read off a small screen. One reason I don't use my laptop any more than I need to or use the Internet on my phone. I'd go blind trying to read that small screen. I hope you can get the time to make the changes you want when he goes hunting.
@just4him ah, he didn't stay home fer me. he 'twas disgruntled o'er a work situation. jest used me's his 'xcuse. the 'nly thing he did fer me 'twas make more work. the aunt's a monster screen fer her puter, with 2 others 'ttached's well. not sure how all that works? looks like ya jest walked 'nto a sci-fi movie though, lol. i hope so, too.
@crazyhorseladycx I used to work with two screens for my job. They get hooked together. I don't know how it's done, only that it works. I'm sorry he's disgruntled about his work situation and is making more work for you.
My day has been busy, im tired, your office looks very nice, seem like you got a very nice view
Thank you. It is a good view. I'm sorry you had a busy day and are tired.
I hope that setup works for you. I have light sensitive eyes so that kind of setup wouldn't work for me.
We'll see how it goes come next summer when the sun is directly in the window. One reason I moved it a couple of years ago to the other wall.
Maybe you could get a window screen that would block some of the sun @just4him
@rebelann I have blinds but I like them open.
@banksim (3234)
ok some change give a fresh look to room
Yes, it does.
@banksim (3234)
@just4him yes my friend
@arunima25 (25762)
• Bangalore, India
I love to make those small changes in set up every now and then. It helps to break up the monotony. Even I feel sleepy on rainy days.
Yes, it does break up the monotony. It's just something about rain that makes a person sleepy.
@ZedSmart (4678)
You have a nice office make-over there Ms. V. I hope you enjoy your meal after that good nap.
Thank you. Yes, I did.
Nice setup. You can also look out the window. That is what I like while I work I can also look out of one or the other window. Hope you have a good night.
I need to be able to look out the window. It's good for inspiration. Thank you.
I quite like switching things around occasionally.
It's fun and gives the room a whole new look.
Does not annoy you to have the window behind your computer? I could not work like this.
No, I like the window close by. I can't work without a window. I need to see what's going on out there.
@just4him I have the window on my side, not in front of me, it's bad for the eyes.
@LadyDuck I had it that way before I moved everything over to the smaller desk. I'm considering moving the desk to the other wall. It will take a lot to get that accomplished.
@kobesbuddy (82506)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I like your new setup. Except I have a hard time seeing the computer screen, without shades over the window. For some reason, there's a glare that bothers my eyes. I took a nap yesterday, the first one in a long time. I woke up feeling great, so I must have needed the extra rest. Charlotte's Web, I loved the animated version!
I had that problem in summer with the sun coming in this window which is why I changed it to the other wall a couple of years ago. I wanted a change. I'm still getting used to the smaller space, but it's working perfectly for the printer. The live-action Charlotte's Web is very good. I enjoyed the animated too and was surprised it wasn't when I started watching it.
@kobesbuddy (82506)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him We have Beauty and the Beast, with live figures. It's not exactly the same as the animated version, but still a good movie.
@kobesbuddy I've seen it also. Very good.
@porwest (18296)
One of my favorite books, Charlotte's Web, and I have read it twice. Not sure if I ever saw the movie although I am sure I have. Hope the new office layout works for you. As for books there are only four I have ever read more than once. Stephen King's The Stand. Ghost Story by Peter Straub. Charlotte's Web by E. B. White. Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
I've never read the book but I'm sure it's delightful. I'm not into horror, so I haven't read those others either.
@porwest (18296)
@just4him Charlotte's Web is a great little story. Worth a read. As for horror, it's my favorite genre.
@porwest I'll need to find the book and read it.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's good the worst of the storm was done, hopefully it's completely over now. Moving things around can be good, sometimes we need a change! Hope the rest of your day has been good
I had a wonderful day yesterday, thank you. Not to worry, we're getting more rain tonight into tomorrow. We have flood warnings now with all the rain we've gotten in the last few days.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him I am glad you had a wonderful day! I read your other posts today about the rain....hope it's not too bad!
@MommyOfEli2013 Only two more inches. Some flooding, but not in town.
@mrki444 (5799)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I like rain.
It's okay when it's needed.
@mrki444 (5799)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him Today we had some short rain.
@mrki444 I hope it was needed.
I remember watching the "Charlotte's Web" movie. I liked it.
I'm glad you liked it. It was different seeing it as live-action. Very well done.
@just4him I loved the old cartoon version too.
@Tampa_girl7 I did too.
@Janet357 (26808)
i think i heard of this charlotte's web. it is thursaday morning here and we have drizzles.
It's a good movie whether you watch the animated or live-action.
@Janet357 (26808)
@just4him yes, i would search for it on youtube, i hope there is.
@Janet357 I hope you find it there.
@thelme55 (20926)
I had a relaxing Wednesday. The weather was foggy and we had a shower. Thursday has just started. Good night.
I'm glad you had a relaxing Wednesday. I hope the weather is better.
@thelme55 (20926)
@just4him Yes, the weather is better than a few days ago. In fact, I was able to walk to the Rhine river again.
@thelme55 I'm glad it's nice there and you could walk to the Rhine River.
@rakski (36875)
nice set up. Wednesday was okay. It rained in the late afternoon which gave me a bed weather. We slept early and now I am ready for Thursday
Thank you. I'm glad the rain helped make you ready for Thursday.
@rakski (36875)
@just4him yes, the rain helped me to have a much better sleep
@rakski That's good it did.
• Israel
@just4him Making changes can be good. Wednesday was fine. It is Thursday later in the day here in Israel.
I'm glad you had a good Wednesday.
• Israel
@just4him Thanks and it was fine.