Update 10/2/20

@LindaOHio (51570)
It's been a while since I posted an update; so I thought I'd bring you up to date with what's going on in my life. Normally I don't post things like my birthday, etc.; but I have some happy news to report to you. On October 3 I will have been married for 50 years. I wanted to share my happiness with you! I think it's quite an accomplishment! Have been approved for 2 more studies through research companies. I will be compensated nicely for those. Was offered to participate in the clinical trial of the COVID-19 virus vaccine; however, there was no compensation (usually clinical trials compensate VERY well); and 50% of the participants will not receive the vaccine...they will receive a placebo; so I wasn't interested. Since we had to cancel our trip to the Keys and Everglades this year due to COVID-19, we have been watching live streaming webcams of Duval Street, Sloppy Joes, tarpon feeding at Robbie's, etc. My husband FINALLY went over to the other house; and we are proceeding at warp speed to get the house emptied out, repairs made and the house sold before December 7. The insurance will be cancelled on that date; and the insuring company does not write policies for more than a year on empty properties. We are taking the loss and selling it through one of those "we buy for cash" companies. I think the cutoff date for registering to vote is October 5. If you're not registered, please do it before that date. Get out and vote! That's about it for now. Stay safe and healthy; and I will CYA around MyLot. What are you up to these days? Photo Credit: Pixabay
Oh, how exciting! I wish you and hubs many more healthy and happy years together! Happy Anniversary for tomorrow. Congrats on the 2 studies. I don't blame you for skipping the vaccine trials. So sorry about your trip to the Keys and Everglades, but hopefully you can go next year for your 51st anniversary celebration. I'm happy about the house. It will be one less thing to worry about!!! Our votes have arrived in Florida! Yay!
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you. I can't WAIT until that other house is sold and off our backs!
@LindaOHio I bet! Such freedom you will have!
@LindaOHio (51570)
@DianneN And think of the $$ saved on utilities, taxes, yard maintenance, repairs, etc.!!!!!!!!!
@rakski (69295)
Congratulations to you and your hubby!
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@rakski (69295)
@LindaOHio welcome
@thelme55 (56483)
@LindaOHio You are welcome.
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations, we will celebrate out 50th next year, I think it is an accomplishment.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you. Congratulations to you too! That's great.
@LindaOHio Not many couples celebrate their 50th anniversary.
@LindaOHio (51570)
@LadyDuck Not many at all! We are the lucky ones! :-)
@dgobucks226 (24647)
Congrats on hitting the Century mark in your marriage! I bet it felt like the time just flew right by..
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you. It doesn't feel like 50 years at all. It flew by.
@dgobucks226 (24647)
@LindaOHio Time flies when your having fun... and enjoying your time with your spouse!
I am waiting on my ballot and trust me it's getting in on time.
@LindaOHio (51570)
We haven't received ours yet either.
@LindaOHio I hope by now you have it signed and mailed.
@LindaOHio (51570)
@sharon6345 Just received it and filled it out. As soon as we go out it will be mailed.
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary. That is such a blessing.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@LindaOHio I looked at a photo album of my parents 50 th anniversary the other day. It was in 2011. This month would be 59 years for them.
@LindaOHio (51570)
@Tampa_girl7 That's a long time!
@jobelbojel (19776)
I am sorry that your trip was canceled. Happy anniversary!
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@jobelbojel (19776)
@LindaOHio you are welcome!!!
@DocAndersen (29974)
that is the cutest puppy on earth! clinical trails can be a blast!
@LindaOHio (51570)
Glad you enjoyed the puppy. If I would have received compensation and if I knew I would get the vaccine, I might have thought about it. Have a great day!
@DocAndersen (29974)
@LindaOHio i've done the ones where you get paid and the free ones. I like the paid ones better as well
Congratulations for your 50th Wedding Annivesary!
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@LindaOHio , You are very welcome!
@Sambriel (2221)
Wow ! That's such a golden celebration! Happy Anniversary and I wish you many more gigantic years of bliss!
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@eileenleyva (20196)
Yes, it's been a while since I've last seen you. Glad to know life is kind to you. Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary. May the good Lord keep you and your better half warm and filled with joy. Blessings.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@topffer (41572)
• France
Wow 50 years ! We call that gold weddings in France, happy anniversary Linda ! Will you have a an anniversary dinner with candles and gifts ? These clinical trials are not dangerous ? Never done that but I would not volunteer for a new vaccine, I have a good reason for this. I am not against vaccines but I don't want to beta-test them. The only good news here is that the roofer has started to work on my house. I was waiting for him since last February. However the rain also has started to fall, and they cannot work under the rain. Instead of 10 days, they may take 3 weeks, but the work will be done soon.
@LindaOHio (51570)
We plan on going out to dinner; but October is going to be a busy month for us. We shall see. I'm glad they started to work on your house. Have a great day.
@wolfgirl569 (35247)
• Marion, Ohio
Congrats!!! Glad you will finally be rid of the house.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@msdivkar (17535)
Nice to know that you are completing 50 years of your marriage. Happy marriage anniversary to you in advance.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you!
@sallypup (41446)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Happy belated anniversary to you and your Sweetie. That's super that you are still love birds. I'm sorry about the Florida trip. You were so looking forward to it. I have thought about one of those cash buying outfits when it comes to selling our current house. I just don't want to get ripped off. This is a mobile and will always be a fixer upper and yet its on land and the roof is not leaking so like I said, I hate to just toss it to the wolves.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you. We have no choice. We need to get it sold before December 7. We are tired of paying all the expenses for it and just want it done with. We will take the loss and be glad of it!
@sallypup (41446)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@LindaOHio I hear you. Houses are like kids. Constantly needing their diapers changed. Our westside house has a sweet glass enclosed porch. And yup. Three times now that the wind has risen and glass has popped out and shattered. Luckily the renter is a super good guy. He is fixing the last disaster right now. (I pay for materials.)
@LindaOHio (51570)
@sallypup Rental houses are a giant pain. I don't know that we've ever cleared any $$ from it.
Love Sloppy Joe's great place to eat!!
@LindaOHio (51570)
You've been to the Keys then? We've been there 4 times and would love to live in Big Pine.
@LindaOHio Yes we have we stopped there on a cruise to Mexico. we had lunch at Sloppy Joes and Al still wears his tee shirt
@LindaOHio (51570)
@BelleStarr So cool. You'd love the rest of the Keys. They're breathtaking; and there's so much to do and see. We wanted to move there.
Best Wishes of many more years of long life and happiness to you and your husband together! I hope that you get you house sold at the right time and the right price you will be very happy with. Thank you for the updates. Blessings to you and your husband in every step of the way. :-)
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you so much!
@CarolDM (102361)
Wow, Happy Anniversary soon. And glad he is going to the house to start the work. Have a great weeked.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you.
@lovebuglena (23531)
• Staten Island, New York
Happy Golden Anniversary! I've only ever done surveys/studies. Sometimes I go into a survey on Swagbucks but then they ask if I'd be interested in an in-home test of something. I never accept that.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you.
Wishing you and your husband a very Happy 50th Anniversary. Congratulations!! I think using one of those "fast sale" companies is a great idea. We have sold 3 houses over the years and the work involved is so tiring. All set to vote here.
@LindaOHio (51570)
Thank you! I'm glad you are ready to vote. Make it count! :-)