Before sitting and mylotting I opened my living room drape and was very surprised to find

Midland, Michigan
More snow. Yuck. Not as much snow as many of you have been getting but we got dumped on last night nonetheless. Before I noticed what was on the ramp I saw that light flurries were still coming down. You may not be able to tell that it snowed from this picture but after our last snow I shoveled the ramp and now it's covered again with snow. That means I'll need to add shoveling to my list for today. I leave for work out the back door but I like to use the ramp once I get back home whether I have groceries or not. I did notice that night little patches of ice on the porch so I'll have to watch for those when shoveling and put ice melt down on them so no one falls.
We did not get the announced snow, but today is very cold.
• Midland, Michigan
It's up to twenty here today already. I don't know that it got there yesterday but I didn't go out until after supper.
@MarshaMusselman I have only checked outside and went up to my mailbox to collect the mail today. The wind is too cold.
• Midland, Michigan
@LadyDuck I can reach my mailbox from my front door which is nice.
I hope you'll get a warm sunny day to melt all that ice and snow.
• Midland, Michigan
We get a lot of sunny days this winter but it melts the snow and then freezes at night what didn't evaporate. The end of next week is supposed to begin being toward the thirties again for a daytime high. And while that's still cold it's better than 15-20's.
I hope you'll be in the 40s soon, that should help a little @MarshaMusselman but I know it's the overnight lows that causes the most problems.
• Midland, Michigan
@rebelann we won't g get forties until maybe mid to late March if we're lucky.
@DaddyEvil (33349)
It snowed all day yesterday and all night last night... *sigh* At least the flakes were small, so not much accumulation. It's the ice under the snow that has me worried. Be careful going in and out. You don't need a fall added to everything else.
• Midland, Michigan
I do watch that I don't fall since I've fallen quite a bit and I've gotten older. The last time on ice but that was two or three years ago and I didn't break it bruise anything. We like it when the sun comes out but I've noticed that causes melting and then at night that will freeze so I'm not sure which is better, sun or clouds at least until the temps go up more so the melted snow can evaluate some.
@DaddyEvil (33349)
@MarshaMusselman You need to be more careful now... You've gotten a day or two older than the last time you fell. You might actually break something if you fall again. Pretty and I had to go out today to pick up our mail. (And we wanted a pork roast . I've got that in the oven now.) Of course, I had to scrape the windows so I could see to drive. The high today finally reached 17 F. And it is still snowing. *sigh*
• Midland, Michigan
@DaddyEvil were getting more snow tomorrow night but tomorrow night's low will be 17 which is a lot better than the -1 we had a few days ago.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
No snow here but in the next few days maybe. Just a cold day.
• Midland, Michigan
It sounds like you might be getting more snow there this year than what is normal? Our at least that's what I understood some time ago when we were talking about it. It's been getting near twenties in the day here but then down to zero or below at night. But March should be somewhat warmer or so I'm hoping anyway.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@MarshaMusselman Only snow once, but more to come soon probably. And we are getting colder days this year. Only the 30s for the high yesterday and today.
• Midland, Michigan
@CarolDM thirties are better than it 16-20 in the daytime.
You should see the snow in Vermont!
• Midland, Michigan
I'm sure there's a lot more even the upper peninsula and cities not far north of us have a lot more.
@MarshaMusselman Winter isn’t over, yet!
• Midland, Michigan
@DianneN No we have another months or two.
@thelme55 (63950)
It was not snowing today but the snow from a few days is still in the ground. Freezing cold at -7C now.
• Midland, Michigan
That was about the same as our temps today. Tonight will be warmer than ours been at close to -18 C. It's been a lot colder than that at night recently. It looks like more snow tomorrow night but less than an inch possibly and maybe it won't bring until I'm back home again after working.
@thelme55 (63950)
@MarshaMusselman We had a sunny day the whole day but freezing cold of minus degrees celcius.
• Midland, Michigan
@thelme55 if you're talking about Saturday or day was cloudy and it kept spring snow much of the day. Finally toward supper time it began snowing more till it began covering the ground. When I get up tomorrow I'll see how deep it is. I may have to do some snow removal before working and finish after work unless it was less than an inch.
@vandana7 (79378)
Lot of work in cold climate. I feel sorry for you all.
• Midland, Michigan
Do you mean the work involved removing the snow? Well it was short of my choice to move back to the cool country, but maybe eventually I'll be able to move where is somewhat warmer or where the winters don't last so long.
@vandana7 (79378)
@MarshaMusselman I think warmer places are better. :)
• Midland, Michigan
@vandana7 I would agree.
Oh that white stuff! I suppose you get a good workout with all the shoveling - just be careful when you do!
• Midland, Michigan
I've put it off. Maybe I'll do it once my husband gets home from work. That and bring the clothes up from the basement.
@MarshaMusselman I probably would have done it that way too.
I have not heard how much we got, but it was not huge. We got the very much coldness, though.
• Midland, Michigan
Tonight is the coldest and then it begins warming up a little at least. It will be above zero in the night now going forward.
That's a lot of snow! Are you staying warm and well?
• Midland, Michigan
I'm rarely warm enough but I could put on another layer or two I just wouldn't be able to move my arms, lol. I'm warm enough. I don't have to be outside to long. Maybe an hour to an hour and a half on days I need to clear the snow away. We might get 1-3 more inches again today. Our lakes need the snow so even though I'd rather be somewhere else warmer I understand the need for the snow. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Other than my foot which will heal eventually I'm well.
@Dena91 (11147)
Stay safe shoveling. Hope the snow is about done for you now.
• Midland, Michigan
It probably won't be done until mid April unless we have nice temps beginning the first of April like we used to have years back. I'm sure will still have a blizzard type storm at least once next month too. But at least we're on the heading toward spring part of the calendar.
@May2k8 (14243)
We have no snow here and it is very thick, be careful there.
• Midland, Michigan
I was careful as I didn't end up going outside after all.
@peachpurple (13016)
Ohhh... i had never seen real snow in my life ! Do you have the pusher shovel ?
• Midland, Michigan
I don't know what a pusher shovel is but I have a shovel that I have to push to pick up the snow if that's what you mean?
That's quite a lot of snow. We had a small amount but it's gone now.
• Midland, Michigan
Three times now we've had four inches but the eastern states where Dianne and iz live have gotten much more than us. We're getting another inch today.
@RebeccasFarm (22292)
• Denver, Colorado
Yes it snowed here too Marsha..stay warm there
• Midland, Michigan
It seems that lots of folks are getting the snow this year.
@rhuenz (10310)
I can't imagine how to manage living with snow surrounding.I might be freezing there.
• Midland, Michigan
We wear coats and boots, hats, scarves and mittens. If we don't have to walk far we can stay fairly warm mist of the time.
we have also been having snow every few days but not last night which is a reason to celebrate. Have a great day.
• Midland, Michigan
That is a cause for celebration, You have a great day too.
I've been seeing that same sight outside my window for almost two weeks already. Looks like this upcoming week wont be any better either Be careful and don't fall.
• Midland, Michigan
I at least saw the small amounts of ice so I should be able to remember where it was at least. I may do the porch and put the ice melt down and then later do the ramp. We shall see. At present I don't want to do any of it.
@Nevena83 (58182)
• Serbia
Oh, that sounds like a lot of snow. We don't have snow here, but the temperature is below 0.
@moonandstars (46605)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
this is a rerun.