Getting Organized

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I needed to go to Wal-Mart this morning for the last of the ingredients for my fudge brownies for tomorrow. I also wanted new measuring cups and spoons. I got a lot more. A spoon rest, organizer canisters for my flour, sugar, pastas, and such, a caddy to hold all those spoons, ladles, mixing spoons, spatulas, and whatnots. I even found a curious little quarter cup measure that measures in tablespoons. That sounded very handy. I'm hoping everything fits in the caddy, not only the items it came with. I'm going to go through my utility drawer and get rid of the old and useless items and hopefully have more room in the drawer when I'm finished as everything necessary will be in the caddy. Then I will need a place for the caddy since my counter space is limited. I also bought the cacao, bananas, grapes, spices, and grape juice I was out of. It was a very good morning so far. The only drawback was what time I got up, 3:30 on a Saturday morning. I rushed out of bed at 2:30 because I thought it was Sunday and I hadn't made the brownies yet for the potluck tomorrow. When I realized it was Saturday, I went back to bed, but I couldn't sleep as I was wide awake. I checked store hours, worked on a book, not Vendetta, that will be later, and headed to the store. Now, I'm home, I've had two bananas and everything is in the dishwasher prior to my using any of what I bought. I need to wait until it finishes before I can make the fudge brownies. In the meantime, I'm here to interact with you and see how you're spending your weekend. How is your weekend shaping up? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
I was probably awake at 2:30! I woke several times last night because I drank a lot of water yesterday! I did wake at 6:30 and lay there until Little Miss was up at 7:15. Waiting for hubby to get home from a run. He has been gone since Sunday afternoon. I would love to have your recipe if you would care to share.
I'll put it in your PM. It's very good and healthy too. Expensive to make so, I'll only make it for potlucks. I hope your hubby gets home soon. That's a long time to be gone, or is that usual with his new job?
@DaddyEvil (39059)
I sat up and watched videos all night, so haven't gone to bed yet. I hope you have a fun day with your baking.
You'll fall asleep writing a comment or responding to a post. I will. I always enjoy baking.
@DaddyEvil (39059)
@just4him That's exactly what I did.
@DaddyEvil Uh huh
@Belexhanns (1906)
• Kampala, Uganda
I think your day has been quite busy, hope you have enjoyed it
I have and it isn't noon yet. Thank you.
• Kampala, Uganda
@just4him OK you see here its approaching midnight
@Belexhanns I hope you had a good night's sleep.
@kobesbuddy (124306)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We have a busy day ahead, for Saturday. Probably finishing up a project around here. Jay has me climb on a ladder, to hold the end of a tape measure or wood that's being secured to the ceiling. He has about twenty strips that are finished, by measuring, cutting, sanding and applying stain. Once they dry, I help by holding them firmly in place.
It sounds like a good weekend job.
@kobesbuddy (124306)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him The molding was already up along the ceiling. But, Jay had to remove it when he painted. We also have a huge place on the living room ceiling he wants to cover with wood.
@kobesbuddy That will keep him busy.
• Israel
@just4him Sounds like a busy and productive time for you. Things happen and so glad you realized what day it is and went back to bed. I do not have a weekend. I have our Sabbath which starts Friday night and ends Saturday night and then Sunday is a regular day for me and things have to be taken care of today and hopefully get answers today. I love the picture you put here. It is very beautiful.
I hope you have a good day today and had a wonderful Sabbath. Thank you. Yes, it's been a productive day and week. I'm glad I realized what day it was too. I'm glad you like the picture.
• Israel
@just4him I did not have a great day but that is ok because it is done now. My Sabbath was ok. I love the picture. You are welcome.
@Hannihar I'm sorry it wasn't a good day.
I had a very busy day, I baked a Black Forest cake, I baked a cheese bread to serve with the antipasto and later I worked in the garden. I am not even hungry.
It sounds like a busy day.
@just4him Today was a lot more relaxed, but I walked many miles, I will sleep well tonight.
@LadyDuck Yes, you will. I'm glad the weather was nice to do a lot of walking.
@porwest (43862)
My weekend so far just sucks. It's just raining all day. Gimme some of those brownies. I've had it. lol
My door is open. Raining here too, but I don't know for how long since I've been busy the last couple of hours making those delectable brownies.
@porwest (43862)
@just4him Yesterday turned out gorgeous. Got lots done outside, had the windows all open in the house. Grilled some pork steaks. It was awesome.
@porwest Sounds like a lovely day. We're in the 70s this weekend. Rain expected.
@dgobucks226 (26661)
Ah, those fudge brownies caught my sweet tooth's attention, lol. One scoop of vanilla ice cream with a bit of syrup would top those brownies off nicely Enjoyed a beautiful Saturday. Did some gardening and yard work. Listened to some music. Both a productive and relaxing day both..
Syrup overload. There are already two cups in the mix. The ice cream would be a nice addition.
@dgobucks226 (26661)
@just4him Yes, probably right about the syrup I'm a chocoholic, what can I say
@dgobucks226 I am too. I love my chocolate pancakes and might have them this morning.
@CarolDM (131893)
Love the garden photo. I have done the same, thinking the day was a different one. Enjoy the rest of your day. Raining here.
Raining here too. I don't know what time it started. Thank you. It's from the Botanical Gardens. I'll have new pictures this year. I renewed my membership. They have an interesting exhibition planned for this summer. Thank you. It's been a good day.
@CarolDM (131893)
@just4him I am sure the gardens will be beautiful this summer.
@CarolDM I'm sure they will too.
@oahuwriter (22206)
You're all set, for your pot lock baking, now. Walmart got good prices. I usually get my orange juice just 2.57 for half gallon... most are 3.99 & up.
Yes, I am. That's a good price.
@oahuwriter (22206)
@just4him That's why, I get an extra half gallon if expiration date is good.
@m_audrey6788 (42337)
That`s great. I love fudge brownies but don`t know too much how to make it. I only bake brownies ready to make in a box
You just follow the directions.
Sounds like a needed shopping trip.
Yes, it was.
@peachpurple (13198)
I do not buy lots of grocery during the weekend because during the weekdays when I am working, I will eat my dinner outside before I head back home. SO, I usually buy 2 days meals from the mart for sat and sun dinner only
That's good you don't need to go to the store on weekends. I try not to, but occasionally, it's necessary. If I go early, I avoid the crowds.
@Shiva49 (20578)
Lovely photo. You are much busier than me. You fit in many activities in a day.
Thank you. It doesn't seem like I do until I look at what I've accomplished.
@wolfgirl569 (40499)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you have plenty of time to make the brownies
Yes, I did. Today, people will eat them.
@Lucky15 (37304)
Sunday morning here and today, schedule is full :(
Have a good day.
@lovebuglena (27819)
• Staten Island, New York
I was gonna go outside today. Maybe stop by Home Goods. But then I decided to stay home. Just got onto mylot. I am hoping we will go to dinner somewhere tonight. I always look forward to that. It's a good idea to do some cleaning and get rid of old things. I want to do that with my closet and get rid of clothes that no longer fit me or that I no longer like and will not wear.
I'm glad you're here. It's good to downsize what you don't need. My church is having a rummage giveaway next month. I'm going through all my clothes that are too big for me due to the weight I've lost.
same old same old
That's good. No anxiety over something new.
@Nevena83 (61966)
• Serbia
Sounds like a good buy.
It was, thank you.
It is a pretty typical weekend here. Nothing extraordinary going on. I seriously need to re organize my kitchen cabinets and drawers. Not sure I will get to it today though...I just have some general cleaning to do. Enjoy your day!
Thank you. I'm looking forward to having things more organized in my pantry. I just might be able to find things easier.