Update 9/9/21

@LindaOHio (75324)
So much has been going on! I called the company that installed our furnace/AC first thing Tuesday morning. As you will remember, I tried to schedule an appointment online to get our AC fixed; and the earliest appointment I could get was November 12!! When I told the woman on the phone that we purchased the units from them and they were still under warranty, she scheduled an appointment for that afternoon!! The tech diagnosed the problem as a burned out blower motor. The service call was $99, the part was covered under warranty; and the labor will be $279. The expected wait time for the part is 2 days. Our housekeeper came on Wednesday; and 40 minutes into it she got a call telling her that she had been exposed to COVID-19. She's had it before and is not vaccinated; so we asked her to go home. If she is still symptom free next week, I will ask her to come back. I need her help badly to pack, etc. for our trip. On Wednesday I received a call that the part was in for the furnace; and they made an appointment for this afternoon. We also got a call from Ohio State Waterproofing advising us that they could start the job early (yay!) and could be out this morning between 7:30-8:30. We must bring a check for a big chunk of the total. Well, that's it for now. What's going on with you? Stay safe, happy and healthy Photo Credit: In an email from a friend (The dog is not dead! lol He and the pelican are buddies.)
We have the furnace testing every end of May, it's done for this year. The next month they come to inspect the atomic shelter, OH MY I have a lot of stuff inside there.
@LindaOHio (75324)
You have a bomb shelter?
@cacay1 (61478)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck what's that atomic shelter for?
@LindaOHio Yes, until 5 years ago it was compulsory to have one. Now you can pay a tax and have a place at a public shelter. I am using it as pantry/cellar.
@maratai (6196)
Hopefully your housemaid will be free from COVID19 soon. And you stay healthy my friend.
@LindaOHio (75324)
Thank you!
@maratai (6196)
@LindaOHio You are welcome my friend
@cacay1 (61478)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@maratai, so scary planet we have this time.
@CarolDM (154240)
A lot happening there. Hope your housekeeper will be better soon. Glad you are getting things done.
Sounds like you are a real busy bee. Hope your housekeeper does okay.
@LindaOHio (75324)
@iloves88 Thank you. I will check with her this weekend and see how she's doing.
@LindaOHio (75324)
@CarolDM I'll check on her this weekend.
@lady1993 (26947)
Lots and lots of things to do for the whole month for me. Cant catch a break .
@LindaOHio (75324)
Sometimes life is so busy!
@moffittjc (100277)
• Gainesville, Florida
You certainly got a lot going on. You’re going to need a vacation soon! Lol
@LindaOHio (75324)
That's for sure. It won't be much of a vacation though. When my husband drives, I'm on the edge of my seat, watching his every move. He's a terrible driver.
@moffittjc (100277)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LindaOHio You should take some medicine to knock you out during the drive! Lol
@LindaOHio Maybe you need to send him off on vacation, and you get your peace, quiet, and calm while he's gone!!! I know that having vacations away from RGD was the only time I enjoyed myself, when we were together. Traveling with him stresses me out.
What a wonderful photo, The pelican is guarding his buddy, Nothing much here I did some more assignments and some other work online, Guess what? That big project I finished well the lady is not getting back to me and I sent another email asking how she liked the work I did I sure hope she didn't take those articles and made a run for it,
@LindaOHio (75324)
Glad you enjoyed the photo. Man, I would be livid if she took your writing and isn't going to pay you. Have you heard from her yet?
@LindaOHio nothing yet but there was the Labot Day weekend and so I hope this coming week, I will probably take one of the articles and put it in duplicheker and see if it has been posted anywhere and then come down hard on her,
@LindaOHio (75324)
@RasmaSandra Yeah! Don't let her get away with it!
@m_audrey6788 (53235)
Good Morning to you. It seems you got a lot of things to accomplish. I hope everything gets done good and well. I hope your housekeeper will be ok too. Nothing much going on here just the usual cleaning chores and mylotting
@LindaOHio (75324)
Thank you. I'm hoping our housekeeper will be well enough to come next week.
Tell your housekeeper I am praying for her.
@TheSojourner (37775)
I hope that your AC/furnace gets taken care of soon. It's nice that they got there so quickly. Between that and the Waterproofing company, it sounds like quite a large project that will be nice to have done and not have it held over your head any longer. I'm glad that your housekeeper came, but concerned to hear she has been exposed to COVID. I hope all will be okay with her, and that she wasn't contagious at this point. Great photo!!
@LindaOHio (75324)
Glad you enjoyed the photo. Yes, I can't wait for the work to be done at the other house. Then we can FINALLY sell it. The AC is now up and running. I will check on Samantha this weekend and see how she's doing.
@LindaOHio Samantha is your husband's cousin?
@LindaOHio (75324)
@sallypup (48118)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I am in love with that photo. Sweet couple. So you have been exposed twice to Covid??? I hope you and your hubby remain healthy.
@LindaOHio (75324)
I'm glad you enjoyed the photo. Yes, she had it once already; and now she's been exposed again.
@sallypup (48118)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@LindaOHio This leaves me deeply worried for you and your hubby.
@LindaOHio (75324)
@sallypup Thank you for being concerned. I think we will be fine. Hugs.
That is a really kool photo. I pray you weren't inadvertently exposed to covid, from what I've heard getting a vaccine doesn't mean you won't get covid.
@LindaOHio (75324)
Glad you enjoyed the photo. Yes, you can get COVID-19 AND you can get it again. Our housekeeper had it before.
Bummer
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a busy time there, indeed. Hope she is okay and can help you next week. That's great about the waterproofing people being able to start early
@LindaOHio (75324)
I will check on her this weekend and see how she's doing.
• Rupert, Idaho
@LindaOHio That's a good plan
@HazySue (39398)
• Inverness, Florida
That is an amazing photo. You are having quite a time. Glad to hear you are safe, happy and healthy.
@LindaOHio (75324)
Glad you enjoyed the photo. Good to see you here!
@HazySue (39398)
• Inverness, Florida
@LindaOHio Thanks, it's good to be here.
@Chacheer (20)
I hope everything gets done good and well.
@LindaOHio (75324)
Thank you!
@iloves88 (74)
Wow sounds like you had a full day.
@LindaOHio (75324)
Yes, I did!
I hope your housekeeper is okay. It sounds like you are getting lot done.
@LindaOHio (75324)
I will check on her this weekend.
• Walnut Creek, California
That's a cool photo! I wonder how they got to be buddies. Why do you have to pay for part of the repair if the thing is under warranty?
@LindaOHio (75324)
Glad you enjoyed the photo. The whole thing is covered during the first year. After that only the parts are covered. You still have to pay for the service call too.
@cacay1 (61478)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hoping your A/C had been fixed abd everything went well. May your house help covid negative
@LindaOHio (75324)
Thank you. The AC is now fixed.
@wolfgirl569 (47891)
• Marion, Ohio
Wonderful that everything is getting done early
@LindaOHio (75324)
Yes it is! We will be able to leave on vacation after Friday.
@stanley777 (9197)
hello, our new chickens have been keeping me busy, plus decorating the house.
@LindaOHio (75324)
Sounds like fun!
@kareng (41447)
Oh no on your housekeeper being exposed. I hope that she doesn't get it and you two also stay healthy! When do you leave on your trip?
@LindaOHio (75324)
She still feels OK and will be coming over tomorrow. Next week.
@kareng (41447)
@LindaOHio That is good news!!