A Too Small Jewelry Box

My daughter-in-law designed a jewelry box for the Ice Princess and had it made up. My son raved about it. I’ll try to show a photo without her name. It’s very pretty, but in my opinion, way too small, personally speaking. I have a few beautiful jewelry boxes from my grandma and husband, but they are too small or not large enough. A strand of pearls fills just one! My dressers also have three velvet lined drawers and trays. Hubs had to build me a jewelry closet. I have areas for chains and pendants, earrings, rings, bracelets, pearls, watches, etc. Where do you keep your jewelry? I know a few people here aren’t into jewelry, but this question is for those who are.
@kobesbuddy (133816)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm crazy about rings, pierced earrings, and bracelets. Necklaces, no I don't wear them. I use to wear a watch at work, for timing a resident's breathing. My jewelry box is small, with two drawers. I like everything 'small.'
That’s a cute jewelry box. I love the three drawers.
@kobesbuddy (133816)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN The top looks like a drawer, but it's stationary with small compartment and a lid. Two are actual drawers.
@kobesbuddy So the top opens?
I have an armoire that I bought. Actually son paid for half of it, and I used gift certificates for the other half. I don't wear tons of jewelry, but I have the armoire pretty full actually.
I know those armoires. They are so pretty. I’m sure it’s full already. We looked at them but realized a closet was necessary. And just wait until I give my granddaughter most of my jewelry. lol
@DianneN Well I doubt that is going to be for awhile!
@snowy22315 I hope!
@CarolDM (153826)
I have a secret hiding place. This one is very nice.
Tell me, tell me!. Most of mine is in the safe. Thank you, but heaven help my granddaughter when she gets my jewelry
@kaylachan (25446)
I have an old multi-purpose box, where I kept what few jewerly items I have left. I lost some when I moved from my hometown, to my current city years ago. All for the best I suppose. I'm not a social person in general, so who would I weear it for, anyway? My husband?
Sorry you lost some jewelry. I lost a pearl earring Friday somehow and it’s killing me. My husband is the one who keeps plying me with jewelry. I love it and he likes me wearing it and not saving it like I used to.
@LindaOHio (75092)
I have three jewelry boxes. There's never enough room.
Glad you feel the same
@LindaOHio (75092)
@DianneN The only problem is that I never wear any of it. :-(
@LindaOHio Shame on you!
@Elizaby (6896)
• Pensacola, Florida
I mainly have earrings and keep them in a jwerery box I got years ago
Earrings can take up a lot of room and are easy to lose it’s mate. My downfall
@DaddyEvil (54272)
I keep rings, nip rings and necklaces in this box... I took the photo from straight above it. (It measures, roughly, 8 x 4 x 3.) My jewelry box. Photo is mine.
That’s a beautiful box and so masculine Glad to hear you have a jewelry collection. My husband only has his wedding ring and several watches.
@DaddyEvil (54272)
@DianneN I bought that in Silver Dollar City when I was 18... A lot of my gold jewelry was stolen several years ago... I didn't have it insured... *shrug* Live and learn...
@DaddyEvil It is a cool box. You got me at nip rings That’s awful that your gold jewelry was stolen! Insurance costs a fortune anyway.
@maratai (5828)
Wow, your jewelry must be a lot and all of them are beautiful. Hope you find a bigger and nicer jewelry box soon
Thanks! Jewelry seems to be the best gift to give from my husband.
@maratai (5828)
@DianneN Well it is a testament to love, and both used and kept as a memento, and one day can be passed on to your daughters.
@maratai My granddaughter. My two sons are grown. Thanks!
@wolfgirl569 (47703)
• Marion, Ohio
That one is nice. I have one that the boys bought me when they were kids. It holds most of what I have
It’s perfect for her for now,bthanks, but not when I give her my jewelry. lol Your kids must have loved giving you your jewelry box. Perfect gift!
@wolfgirl569 (47703)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN You just need to give her something to keep everything in also They did and I do have it full. Mostly stuff they bought me. Including a necklace with a big M on it. Nate, the youngest got that for me the first time hubby took him Christmas shopping for me. When asked he said the M stands for mom. Hubby lost that one
@wolfgirl569 M for mom - how cute!
@sallypup (48007)
• Moses Lake, Washington
My jewelry is located in the vicinity of my oak dresser. Good enough? (Yes I have names for my furniture. oak dresser, Nichols cabinet, Swivel mirror dresser, you get the idea. Mine is not worth that much if you have ideas of vandalizing.
Drat! Vandalizing your jewelry in one of many pieces of named furniture was my goal on here. Seems like a huge task at your house!
@sallypup (48007)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I could put name tags on everything for you.
@sallypup Please do that. It will save me lots of time and a huge headache.
I have a free standing jewelry box with a full length mirror on the front and also a fairly large on on my nightstand. I used to wear a lot more jewelry when I was working. That is a very pretty jewelry box but I can see where it might be too small.
Your jewelry boxes sound huge, but there is never enough room. Yes, her jewelry box is too small already.
@DianneN if I had kept adding to my jewelry I certainly would need more room but I haven't gotten anything new recently except earrings and they don't take up much room. I love earrings and rings
@Marilynda1225 I do, too! Unfortunately, I lost a pearl earring Friday. Sick over it
• Rockingham, Australia
I have a couple of jewellery boxes but I'm not really into jewellery. Sometimes I remember to wear some.
I don’t have that problem
• Rockingham, Australia
@aninditasen (2954)
• Raurkela, India
I had quite a lot of jewelry and had kept them in their respective boxes in a cupboard but presently I don't have any as they all got stolen by robbers(by breaking the iron cupboard)when we were away from home for a week. I presently have almost nothing.
Oh, how awful! I guess the police couldn’t catch them.
• Raurkela, India
@DianneN No, they couldn't even after we gave them the cctv footage.
I have some jewelry but I quit wearing any of it years ago.
So wear do you store it? If you want to unload it, I’ll take it!
Oh, I keep it well hidden. One piece was a gift from my grandfather which I would not want to part with.
@rebelann I don’t blame you!
I no longer have a lot of jewellery and what I have is mostly costume but I have a jewelry bos with a deep inside when the cover is lifted and has a place for rings and below that to drawers, It is enough for me, The only gold jewellery I have left are my parents wedding rings,
Don’t you have Martin’s wedding ring? I mean the one he gave you?
@DianneN we were different we did not exchange rings. I do have some jewelry he gave me but it was from business trips he took and bought on planes but at least they are memories. He bought me one hand-made ring with a large heart and unfortunately that one got lost in translation, I have no idea where that wound up but I do have a photo of it.
@ThatDisha (4026)
Wow, that's so much, I have two ears for my 4 pairs of earrings and a nose ring in my nose, sometimes i wear a chain in my neck when i am at home..so i don't have any particular place for my jewelry i wear the ones which i posses
That saves your storage problem!
@ThatDisha (4026)
@oahuwriter (16999)
I've sold most of mine. I've paparazzi jewelry now mostly. I've laqurered jewelry box, a small one.
I love lacquered boxes. I sold some jewelry no one would want. Funny that people actually bought it. lol
@oahuwriter (16999)
@DianneN People have different tastes. Glad you could sell it.
@rakski (99294)
I have a box with three layers. It looks a safe box but actually a jewelry box
That sounds adorable! We have a safe that I store jewelry in. I forgot the combination once and the key wouldn’t work without the combination. Thank goodness my husband found his copy of the combo. I was sick to my stomach.
@rakski (99294)
@DianneN that is good that you have another copy
I have my Mom's jewelry box which is big enough for me.
That must be very special to you.
@DianneN It is since she is gone.
@Vennessaa (559)
I put the jewelry in a place similar to the one in your photo. I like it because it's easier to pick up
We do whatever works best.