What are you up to on this sunny and hot Sunday?

Walnut Creek, California
Kitty just came in, demanded a purr fest, and settled in at my feet, with her tail wrapped around my left leg. The Guitar Center festivities went well, with many applause, and parents proudly clicking photos (and probably videos) of their young musical geniuses playing. I am relaxing now and will probably head to the pool, Mark Twain in hand. My Doyle short stories are still in Austria. How has your Sunday been?
@SonjaRae (11482)
Sounds like an amazing event. So glad it all went well. Pool time too! Enjoy! Today it cooled down to a mere 84F as our high, with no heat index!!!!!
• Walnut Creek, California
No heat index? Absolute zero is cold!
• Walnut Creek, California
@SonjaRae Heh. I was joshing. I remember "windchill factor" from Chicago. I've never completely understood "heat index." Maybe they factor in humidity. .
@SonjaRae (11482)
@TheHorse Well I mean, when it's 94, but feels like 108 degrees with the heat index.
@Tina30219 (78391)
• Onaway, Michigan
My Sunday has been a boring cool day and I also did a load of laundry and hung it out to dry
@Tina30219 (78391)
• Onaway, Michigan
@TheHorse Garbage I took out a bag yesterday also
• Walnut Creek, California
Heh. I did my dishes yesterday. And took out the garbage.
• Walnut Creek, California
Does it take longer to dry in the cool air?
My Sunday was fine. Spent it at work. Nothing much to write about. All was quiet which is how I prefer it.
@TheHorse mu full-time work. I'm a customer service supervisor.
• Walnut Creek, California
What kind of work?
@sjvg1976 (35536)
I had a rest day, I was at home, and my AC switched on for the whole day.
@sjvg1976 (35536)
• Walnut Creek, California
How hot was it?
@FourWalls (45870)
My Sunday was nice and quiet, well, except for that scrum that broke out during the Angels/Mariners game. This was beyond a “baseball fight” (which is usually an ugly, uncoordinated dance): they were actually throwing punches. Nothing to rival a hockey fight, though.
@FourWalls (45870)
@TheHorse — someone aimed for Mike Trout’s head last night, so in the first inning an Angels pitcher threw behind a Mariners batter. Both benches were warned, but the first pitch of the second inning plunked Jesse Winker and off to the dance they went!
• Walnut Creek, California
@FourWalls Sounds like old school baseball to me.
• Walnut Creek, California
What were they arguing about? I have never thrown a punch in a baseball or softball fight.
@Nakitakona (51115)
We attended the Sunday services of one of the branches of our Church where I was assigned as high councilman to watch over the members spiritual well being and Church ministry.
• Walnut Creek, California
I don't know if I would be qualified to watch over such a thing. What qualifications do I need?
@Nakitakona (51115)
@TheHorse An active Church member and it's willingness to serve for it's a self-sacrifice of one's time and effort. It's our Church leader who calls and gives the assignment where to serve.
@kaylachan (35960)
Hot. If you noticed, most of my discussions are about this heatwave. But, I'm thankful to be inside. where it's nice and cool.
@kaylachan (35960)
@TheHorse According to my husband, about two maybe three miles.
• Walnut Creek, California
How far are you from...the beach?
Awww, how sweet that your kitty is showing you some kitty love. I just woke from an accidental nap ... a 2 hour nap ... and now I'm back keypunching.
• Walnut Creek, California
I seem to have those more often recently.
Yeah, it's the heat I say ..... it just can't be cuz I'z old
@xander6464 (35558)
• Wapello, Iowa
I feel your pain. I lose a lot of things in Austria, too. It's like the Bermuda Triangle. With a German accent.
@DaddyEvil (88507)
It's a beautiful, sunny, but not hot day in my part of Missouri. We started the day off at 72F and it's only gotten up to around 76F at 6:15 pm. (I opened the doors and windows at 5 am and have left the breeze blowing through the house since then. It's 79F in the house right now. Very nice!) I just cooked a fried ham and cheese sandwich for my lunch. I used potato bread and it's delicious!
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds like a good day!
@DaddyEvil (88507)
@TheHorse I've enjoyed myself. There is a nice young man who started on myLot last night that I've been talking with this afternoon/evening. I've been enjoying him. I don't see him on this discussion, but I'm sure you'll be meeting him soon. He's enjoying skipping around myLot talking with different people.
@wolfgirl569 (58573)
• Marion, Ohio
Mine was cooler and mostly relaxed
• Walnut Creek, California
Relaxed is good. I took my time in the pool.
Nice and quiet and I did all my blogging today, Unfortunately, a mouse showed up in the kitchen and the kittens are not quite sure what do with it so now that mama arrived I hope she shows them and kills that rotten mouse, It is hot out it was probably looking for a cool place to lay low and wound up in a place with kittens.
@TheHorse haven't seen it but then it disappeared while the mama was here and she is known to dine on them as long as it is not here any longer,
• Walnut Creek, California
Bad mouse judgment. Did it get away?
@Morleyhunt (21792)
It was a quiet Sunday. This afternoon my husband and I went for a walk on the beach. The fresh wind off the water made for a very pleasant afternoon.
• Walnut Creek, California
The beach sounds wonderful. I did enjoy the pool.
@aninditasen (7878)
• Raurkela, India
My Sundays are always busy but I relax in the evening and order my dinner through zomato.
We had a music morning on Sunday. Singing Sunday with a group on the platform leading requested music. It was fun. I am just not feeling motivated to do anything right now.
@Torunn (8798)
• Norway
Sunday was a bit too warm. We had a quite cold and wet spring, very appropriate for the area. Now it's 24C way too early in the morning, so today will also be too warm. Tomorrow will be very wet, so I hope the farmers get the hay done today. What are you short stories doing in Austria? Not a bad place to be, but far away from you.
We enjoyed a nice and quiet Sunday, it rained late in the evening and today is another not too hot day.
@moffittjc (106633)
• Gainesville, Florida
A day at the pool sounds refreshing. I had a very lazy Sunday…slept until noon, then binge-watched season 3 of the Umbrella Academy, before ending the evening watching the Stanley Cup hockey game.
• Rockingham, Australia
Lots of proud parents I guess at the Guitar Centre.
@LindaOHio (99928)
We had a very quiet Sunday.