Do You Know HOw Many Homes You Have???

@anniepa (26285)
This isn't a joke, it's a totally serious question. Do you know how many houses you own or do you have to check with your staff and get back to me with your answer? Annie
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I have one, I am not like McCain and not know. How can he understand that people can hardly make it when he has no problem owning 7?
@anniepa (26285)
I guess that explains how he also said to day that our economy is basically sound. To HIM it certainly is, but not to us poor slobs that didn't marry a $100 million fortune. To think that in 2004 John Kerry was bashed for asking for the wrong kind of cheese on his Philly Cheese Steak and this year Obama came under fire for asking about arugula (sp)! Grrrr... Annie
@calcynic (433)
As a born and bred Philly boy, I was horrified that Kerry asked for swiss on his cheesesteak, but it was basically insignificant. I HATE Pat's Steaks, they put Cheez Whiz on with a paint brush; however, it is the most famous steak joint in Philly. Same with arugula, it sounds so snooty, but I was turned on to it by a barely surviving Iowa farm family. The McCain brainfart, though, strikes me as coming from a true elitist who doesn't dress the part. He seems to be on his pink cloud, coming down to the gutter to slum it with us. He's a sham...he delegates real life to his underlings. The guy's pupils are shaped like dollar signs. Like I stated once before, I get the feeling he burns his clothes after rubbing shoulders with the "ugh" public.
@ZephyrSun (7387)
LOL I know how many homes I own, but sadly it's just home not homes.
It is nine homes and you can bet your bippy that none of them are as low a value as $1 million dollars. In the bracket that he is living he would not be living in a house that is ONLY one million dollars.
@ZephyrSun (7387)
I am so sadly appaulled by my research! Cindy McCain did an interview with Vogue Mag and here's a little bit from that interview, I have taken it from politico.com "Cindy McCain, through another family corporation, spent about $4.7 million in 2004 and 2008 on two condos in an exclusive building in Coronado, Calif., an affluent San Diego suburb noted for its high percentage of military retirees. In an interview with Cindy McCain in the June issue of Vogue magazine, conducted from the newer Coronado condo, she explained that her husband, a Navy veteran, initially wasn't keen on the idea of a pied-à-terre in Coronado. "When I bought the first one, my husband, who is not a beach person, said, 'Oh this is such a waste of money; the kids will never go,'" she said in Vogue. "Then it got to the point where they used it so much I couldn't get in the place. So I bought another one." Hello? She couldn't get in the place so she bought another one? How freakin nice is that? I'm lucky when I can get in my own bathroom so I added another one, but geeze that's just a bathroom and I did the majority of it myself and spent less that a thousand dollars. Here's the link if anyone is interested... http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12700.html
I rolled my eyes to the back of my skull when I watched that one on the news today. I believe it took him by surprise and left him without words. Scarey!
@anniepa (26285)
If he doesn't know how many houses he owns do we really want this guy to be leader of the free world? The idea scares the crap out of me and I don't care if he was a POW, and I don't care how many times he or his campaign finds a way to bring that up! Annie
His answer was just plain stupid. How can anyone not know how many home he has?
@spalladino (17927)
This is one thing that really doesn't interest me when it comes to these two candidates. They both have money..big deal. The amount of money you have in no way indicates whether you can lead this country so whether McCain is rich or Obama is rich...I couldn't care less. I own two homes, by the way.
@anniepa (26285)
First of all, I know most everyone who's ever run for President has had money. Maybe not $100 million, but more money than the average person. Sadly, that seems to be a necessary evil to advance very far in politics. That's isn't the point at all. McCain was asked how many homes he owned and HE COULDN'T ANSWER! Now to my good friend, Kennyrose...you're blaming Obama for this? McCain said it, Obama didn't! Someone at a McCain event asked the question, not Obama!! Obama was criticized for choosing one of our 50 states for his vacation, saying it made him look like an elitist but McCain doesn't know how many houses he has, he has to check with his staff. Back to Spalladino - at least you know how many you have...lol! Annie
@vegegirl (828)
I know how many houses I own (or pay off) because, unfortunately, I have to pay the bills!
@anniepa (26285)
That's something McCain wouldn't know anything about, isn't it? When you marry into someone with over $100 million you don't worry much about mortgage foreclosure, or credit card bills, utility bills, putting gas in the car that you can't remember the brand of... (Yep, he did that too...lol!) Annie
I would be willing to guess that 75% of the participate here do not own a home and that if they do they may be subject to forclosure. This is not a slur against anyone it is a statical guess based on what is going on in this economy.
@anniepa (26285)
You're so right and if for no other reason than that McCain showed extreme insensitivity. Of course, I'm not sure what good answer he could have given but to staff was about as bad an answer as he could have given! Annie
@ClarusVisum (2163)
I'll let you know once I overcome my mental recession; being one of a "nation of whiners" makes it hard to keep stuff like that in line sometimes.
@anniepa (26285)
I'm in the same boat...oops, I don't have a boat, unlike McCain, who has up to 10 homes and a yacht! Annie
@irisheyes (4375)
Sorry, had to let the staff go. (It's this damn recession) I'm hanging on to a ohome by a thread. LOL I just answered another thread on this subject but I feel strongly about this issue.(LoL again) I saw the houses owned by BOTH candidates on the news this morning and I thought they were all tacky. They were rich yuppie houses without an ounce of character. The private homes of other presidents conveyed a unique Americanism. I could imagine foreign dignitaries spending time at San Clemente or Hickory Hill or the compund at Hyannis but It would be really embarassing to see them stashed in one of the houses I saw on TV this morning. I don't care how many properties these guys own but I sort of would like at least one of them to have a little class. Here's a thought: whichever candidate can come up with a distinct, classy abode by election day can have my vote. The only problem is it takes years to make a house a home (even on the outside) and these guys have only a few months. Sorry, but I am a real house snob and i think a cottage done right is a lot nicer than a big rambling meant to impress yuppie storehouse and the houses I saw on the news this morning were all glorified storage spaces.
@irisheyes (4375)
Actually you may get away with calling that funk. Sort of along the lines of pink flamingos . I really like pink flamingos a lot but I don't think I'd like the painted statues. LOL
Oh, now, Annie, you know he really knew the answer! He was just delegating to his staff! lol Hope you know I am kidding! I presently say that I own one house, but that in fact is a lie. It owns me. Staff not included. :)
@Rosekitty (19500)
• San Marcos, Texas
Meetings over and they informed me only 2..the one i live in and our Lake House...my middle Son lives in that one..and neither place has any Help at this moment..lol..
@mcat19 (1358)
McBush is totally out of touch with the average American, isn't he? Reminds me of a grocery store a while ago, where he didn't know where he was, thought it was a museum or some such. He did say $5 million was an income he considered rich. He did say he didn't know much about the economy, so for once he was telling the truth. Save us from this guy, America.
@calcynic (433)
I own as many houses as I have staff members....Zero, nada, bupkis!
@calcynic (433)
Someone should ask the candidates how much a gallon of milk costs. That answer should be on the tip of their tongues. I've seen that question knock down some real heavyweights.
@anniepa (26285)
I now have four cats so I AM the staff but my mistresses and masters know how many homes they own...just ONE, how pathetic is that? And it's not even worth a mill! Annie
@xfahctor (14111)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
My staff took some deliberation before informing me of the bad news, then they drew straws to decide who was going to tell me.....sigh....0 houses owned. Ok, now humor aside................ BIG FRIGGIN WHOOPTIE DEAL! Sorry, this is by FAR the petitiest, most insignifigant and childish issue the Obama camp has brought to date. Seriously, who gives a craap. The truth? How many houses does he own? Sen. McCain himself does not own any of the properties. They’re all owned by Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control. Five of the eight properties were purchased between the summer of 2004 and this February, for a total of $11 million. The five new properties are all condominiums, and they include three in Phoenix — one of which became the couple’s primary Phoenix residence after a Cindy McCain family trust in 2006 sold for $3.2 million the house in which they raised their children — and a pair outside San Diego. The McCains have a pre-nuptial agreement that separates their finances. The “homes”, as Barack Obama and his campaign put it, are mostly investment properties in Cindy McCain’s trust. Since John McCain has no involvement in his wife’s business affairs, he would have little knowledge of the assets in her portfolio Again....big deal, BIG FRIGGIN DEAL. No doubt, McCain’s answer was awkward. but, McCain himself doesn’t own any property and isn’t “rich”, and Cindy and her family earned their money honestly. They certainly didn’t partner with a now-convicted political fixer to buy a house in a tony neighborhood. How many houses does Pelosi own? Hundreds of rental properties. How many houses does Fienstien own? Agian, hundreds, but if asked impromtu, NEITHER could answer that off the cuff either. Do the democrats have nothing better to focus on other than childish and peti issues like this? What, whith everyone wanting to drill now and oil prices falling, with a withdrawal agreament in Iraq in place have they lost almost every other issue to help them? Or is it perhaps a peak at the socialist and marxist ideals that Obama endorses? One owning too manyhouses makes them evil. How dare he be rich when so many others are suffering, the fiend, the cad. How dare he have the audacity to be successfull. He should imediately give all but one up to the poor. Right Obama? How about giving half your money to the poor you so profoundly claim to be championing for?Or does marxism only apply when it's some one else doing the giving? For God's sake people, is there honestly nothing more important to look at this election? Have you really become this desperate to put a democrat back in office?
@calcynic (433)
It just shows a disconnect in his mindset. Is it as earthshaking as Iraq or the tanking economy? Hell, no! But it does have some significance. When Lamar Alexander, with his flannel shirtsleeves rolled up, holding a football, was asked what a gallon of milk was going for and he didn't have the foggiest...well...game over. There was one guy who never recovered, and had to bag his hopes for the Presidency. It can mean something, and probably does. Besides, it's fun!
@suspenseful (40326)
We only have one home. We sold the others, one at a time, and used the money to buy the next one, but when we started the interest rates were so sky high that we just went into homes that were equal in value. We should have a luxurious mansion with six rooms, two stories, a large living room, and a large dining room, an insuite and a large yard plus a finished basement. Well we got a large yard, but that is all.