Different use for swiffer!

@jillhill (37354)
United States
November 15, 2011 2:36pm CST
A couple of us gals at work were discussing using our swiffer wet mop. I love it but haven't used my imagination much besides just doing my floors. One of the gals spoke up and says...I use it to wash my walls! I hadn't ever thought about doing that! Makes the work half as hard.....already wet.....leaves a nice scent! Do you have a swiffer? Do you just use it for your floors?
4 people like this
14 responses
@2004cqui (2812)
• United States
15 Nov 11
A few years ago Mr. Clean came out with this contraption that I started using on my walls and shower walls. My husband saw me with it and said a drywall installer must have come up with that idea. After introducing it to all my friends and they go and buy one, they discontinued it! So, ya I do.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (85727)
• United States
15 Nov 11
They discontinued the Mr. Clean eraser? I think I still have one.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
My DIL swears by the Mr. Clean erasers!
@2004cqui (2812)
• United States
15 Nov 11
No! It was a tool similar to a swiffer!
@WakeUpKitty (8694)
• Netherlands
15 Nov 11
I have one too but also for cleaning the floors. You can really do your walls with that? No matter what kind of wall you have? I wonder if it's easier but also if we all have the same swiffer (world wild)
1 person likes this
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I wonder?
@carolbee (16230)
• United States
18 Nov 11
I don't have a swiffer but need to get one. I get spills all the time in the kitchen from a lazy husband who drops ice cream and other stuff on the floor and simply walks away. Guess he doesn't see it. Been using paper towels which works ok. The swiffer is that lightweight that it can be used on walls? I agree, that's a great idea. My walls get dusty and it's such a difficult job to get on a ladder and scrub.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
18 Nov 11
Yes.....I am getting old for the ladder thing! LOL
@carolbee (16230)
• United States
26 Nov 11
You old, no way! I officially entered the fossil era this year. Now this is old...lol
@carmelanirel (20942)
• United States
15 Nov 11
Wow, that is a great idea, and I bet it will also work on ceilings where I can't reach..Thanks for the tip Jill..
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I am going to try it next week.. I am on vacation and am having company....we'll see how it goes! LOL
1 person likes this
• United States
16 Nov 11
I think it will work great and I am going to get one for when I start spring cleaning, which will save my arms and legs...
• United States
25 Jan 12
I don't own a swiffer. But I have used one of those mops with the foam pad that you wring out on the walls before, it works quite well, especially in spots you would have to use a ladder normally and just plain saves strain on your body.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
25 Jan 12
For me it works great! I don't like ladders anymore!
@nerein (283)
• United States
18 Nov 11
I have a swiffer wet mop too. No I do not just use it for my floors. I use as well for my windows. As well I use it to clean my ceiling fans. I also use it to clean the stairs the ceilings them selves. I guess that I am going to have to try using it for cleaning my walls as well. I was also thinking about using it to clean my wall mirrors but I think that that might be over doing it just a little to much.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
18 Nov 11
Aren't they wonderful?
@Eskimo (2315)
28 Jan 12
Sorry, haven't a clue what a swiffer is? I use my tail for cleaning, much faster than a vacuum cleaner, but it's not so very good for cleaning walls as they are too high for me. And my tail probably doesn't leave a nice scent.
@AmbiePam (85727)
• United States
15 Nov 11
I've used iswiffers to clean my baseboards, but I haven't tried to clean my walls with it. They certainly are handy. The real swiffers or the generic, I love how they work much better than a regular kind of mop.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I love them too. I don't even mind dusting now!
@cher913 (25782)
• Canada
15 Nov 11
i dont have a wet jet but i do have a dry one which i use to clean my ceilings of dust and whatnot as well as my floors.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I love the swiffers.....I have the duster too!
@carolscash (9492)
• United States
15 Nov 11
That is a really good idea, just one that I never thought about. I use mine for my floors and I like to think that it is just as good as one of those heavy mops that some people use. I usually only use it for the floor, but think I will try cleaning my bathroom with it tomorrow.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I am going to try it in my kitchen!
@katsmeow1213 (28717)
• United States
16 Nov 11
My foster mom, who constantly had a house full of smokers, had me use her swiffer mop on her ceilings once when she was expecting company. It worked fairly well and certainly made the job a bit easier. I do have to say though, I think I did half the ceiling by hand just because using the mop upside down for so long and trying to use enough pressure on it was starting to bother my back after awhile.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I can see where that would bother your back....and arms.
@Shar19 (8231)
• United States
16 Nov 11
I have a Swiffer but I never thought to use it on the walls. Next time I clean I'll try it. I wonder though if the cleaning liquid would drip all over the place though since you would be holding the mop upside down. I do love the scent you get from using the Swiffer. Although sometimes it leaves the floors a bit streaky.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
Well I am going to try it....I wondered the same so I"ll find out when I do the kitchen walls!
@Opal26 (17679)
• United States
16 Nov 11
Hi jill! I don't have a swiffer mop, but I was thinking about getting one. I thought that the prices for the refills were a bit expensive so I hesitated to get one. I like the idea of using them on the walls even more than using them on the floors. I only have floors in the kitchen and bathroom and I'm sure it would be a good investment. My girlfriend loves hers! I use one of those squeezy mops with the sponges. The sponges aren't cheap either and don't last very long either. I think I will invest in one after all! Thanks for the "helpful tip"!
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
YOu are certainly welcome!
@LaDeBoheme (2004)
• United States
15 Nov 11
I work for an outdoor concert venue and when we pack it up for winter, including taking down the HUGE video screens on either side of the stage, we use Swiffers to clean 'em up and wipe 'em down.
@jillhill (37354)
• United States
16 Nov 11
Another great use for the swiffer!