Sad news about a dear member of the myLot family

Kansas City, Missouri
It's with a heavy heart that I share this news with you. A dear friend of myLot, Andrew Kendon, better known as both @owlwings and our most recent @GoAskAlice moderator, passed away earlier this month. Andrew joined myLot 15 years ago and has been an important part of the myLot family ever since then. He will be greatly missed. Below is a statement that Andrew's family would like to share. ----------- It is with great sadness that we inform you that Andrew Kendon peacefully passed away after a quick and steep decline in his health on Tuesday 9th November 2021 at 4.20am with his wife and elder daughter by his side and gilding his hands and a family favoured lullaby playing as his heart gently stopped beating. A musician, artist and wordsmith of unending talent, with a kind and peaceful nature and time to set aside for all who may have needed his advice and guidance; Andrew was greatly respected by many people, and our condolences are given to those who were fond of him. He will be missed. The family ask that, should you wish to make a donation to a charitable cause in his memory that cancer research is considered, and that when you have a moment to reflect on his life you do so with a smile and a raised glass.
@myklj999 (63659)
• Olney, Illinois
It is rather a hard knock, Owl/'Alice' and I had kicked things over between us fairly often, didn't always have the same opinions but that was fine, we knew how to discuss it without getting personal. A fine old soul was he and he shall be missed.
@DaddyEvil (63908)
Thank you...
@Fleura (17890)
Thank you for pointing me to this post. I will miss him a lot.
Thank you for suggesting this post.
@sallypup (49539)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm very sorry. Deepest condolences.
• Israel
@sallypup I am sorry about his passing.
@kobesbuddy (139046)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I heard about Andrew, but not our GoAskAlice moderator. We've lost quite a few valuable members over the past few years:( Alfredo? He was another wonderful fella, I miss him very much. Bhem? She was my good friend, for about four years.
And Barry.
@kobesbuddy (139046)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@rebelann And which member was Barry? I probably knew him, by a MyLot login.
@myklj999 (63659)
• Olney, Illinois
• Preston, England
Sad news indeed and we should all be grateful for the platform of opportunity to write that he and GoAskAlice have given us here. Hope Mylot continues in their memory for many years to come
@lovebuglena (35002)
• Staten Island, New York
That is sad. He was helpful around here and nice to interact with.
I’m sorry to hear this sad news.
I remember him as a friendly and helpful man. May he rest in peace.
@1creekgirl (28731)
That is sad news. Prayers for his family.
@jobelbojel (27299)
Deepest condolences.
@FourWalls (37357)
I’m broken hearted. He had such a great sense of humor.
@BarBaraPrz (34111)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, JJ posted on fb a couple days ago. I always enjoyed owlwings' posts and will miss him.
@myklj999 (63659)
• Olney, Illinois
Yesterday
@BarBaraPrz (34111)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 Whenever... I'm not living in real time...
@CarolDM (164136)
So very sad. Thank you for letting us know.
I admired him since I joined myLot, he will be missed. My sincere condolences to his family.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - Thank you for pointing me towards this post. It is, indeed, sad news.
@DeborahDiane You are welcome Deborah, I suggested the post to all my followers and my friends. I think it is important that they know.
@DeborahDiane Gill was young, he did not die for old Age. Andrew was an old man, but he was well until not long ago. He asked me for a recipe no longer than one month ago. I have no idea how many moderators there are in myLot and who are going to manage the site now.
@TheSojourner (34758)
It is sad to hear this. My heart goes out to his family and friends, both online and off. He was always there with information and opinions to help Thanks to @mklj999 for sharing this post.
@sabtraversa (12201)
Thanks for the suggestion, @myklj999 It's unbelievable how time runs so fast and takes people away. While I'm not active most of the time, I do remember owlwings, as a really nice and interesting person. It's very sad news but my heart warms up a little thinking he spent his last moments with his family. A sweet picture, at last. Cheers, Andrew.
Thank you for sharing this with us. Although I didn't interact with him often, when I did it was always insightful. He will be missed. RIP @owlwings I will be making a donation in his memory.
Such sad news to hear
@xFiacre (10081)
@mylotbugs That’s so sad. I enjoyed interacting with him - a clever, witty man.
My deepest condolences to his family and all his friends.
Thank you for suggesting Ann.
You are welcome @LadyDuck
@DaddyEvil (63908)
Thank you for the suggestion.
@DocAndersen (53165)
so sorry to hear that. best thoughts for you and your family.