The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

@CarolDM (186394)
Another appointment taken care of today. Actually I had two today. One was my yearly mammogram. Got that done for another year. Always enjoy taking the back roads. This photo shows part of a road that is a favorite. There is never any traffic going this way. And this time of year shows sort of like a tunnel of trees. The trees hang over the road and it is very peaceful. And I actually see a light at the end of this tunnel. And no, it wasn't a darned ole train, as the song goes. It was sunshine. Same way in life. I see the light coming into focus these days. I hope you are all having a good day. Another hot one out there. The AC is working overtime. Cats were happy to see me home. Greeted me at the door. Now they are back asleep again. Photo is mine. Snapped from inside my car.
That is so beautiful. I love tree tunnels during the day, but not so much at night.
@CarolDM (186394)
I love this area, it is a two lane highway and I always try to get a photo while in the car.
@CarolDM I can only imagine how peaceful it is to drive through here. I'm glad you can go this way to your appointments.
@CarolDM (186394)
Lovely shot. You didn't contemplate going into the light did you?
@CarolDM (186394)
Thank you. I have been there many times but not lately. Thanks for asking.
I am glad your mammogram is done, it is a bit annoying but not too much. Lovely photo, I like the less crowded roads.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks, not bad at all. I always try to take the back roads. So peaceful.
@CarolDM I like the back roads with no traffic and a nice landscape. It seems to travel back in the past.
@CarolDM (186394)
22h
@LadyDuck And so very peaceful to see scenery like this one.
Lovely drive. I live on a back road. I love taking all the different back roads when going somewhere. But got stuck in the snow on one road this past winter. Spent a lot of time digging out. shhh, I promised Hubby I wouldn't tell anyone he did that
@CarolDM (186394)
It was very peaceful. Less traffic for sure.
@CarolDM Less traffic is always good. I live in the country and I enjoy my views on my commutes to work at various schools.
@CarolDM (186394)
@paigea I know you do enjoy the commutes. So many are moving to this area it is starting to become a challenge to miss the traffic.
That's a beautiful picture and I'm fortunate enough to enjoy a ride similar to yours. We have two lane roads that are such a pleasure to enjoy and I always prefer them to the highway.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thank you, I love it this time of the year especially. The trees drape over it for this section. Many new homes are being built in this area. Kind of sad to see farmland replaced with homes.
@CarolDM same here. Lots of farms have been sold and big homes being built. Hopefully the town won't allow to much building so we lose the country atmosphere.
@CarolDM (186394)
@Marilynda1225 It is really sad for the big cities and surrounding areas. Nashville doesn't even look the same any more.
@aninditasen (5698)
• Raurkela, India
A lovely tunnel made from trees and the Sunlight. Do you leave your cats alone at home when you go out?
@CarolDM (186394)
Yes they stay home. I have security cameras and I can watch them while I am gone.
• Raurkela, India
22h
@CarolDM That's nice. Don't they mess up the house?
@CarolDM (186394)
22h
@aninditasen Not at all. They sleep most of the time. They are older cats.
@LindaOHio (95251)
What a lovely spot to travel through. Have a wonderful day.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks, it is nice to see. Enjoy yours too.
@LindaOHio (95251)
19h
@CarolDM Thanks.
@CarolDM (186394)
19h
@LindaOHio Always.
@RebeccasFarm (65089)
Glad your appointment went well Carol. The photo is gorgeous! No AC here but got fans going and can barely here myself think. Hope your day is super now. Its just half past noon here.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks, just glad to be home.
@CarolDM Yes glad to be home I know the feeling but not glad for me to be in this home
@CarolDM (186394)
@RebeccasFarm Sorry for you. Hope you get t worked out soon.
It is beautiful but kind of lonely.
@CarolDM (186394)
No lonely at all. I love it there. You can't walk, you drive through it in about 5 seconds.
@CarolDM Okay.
What a relaxing ride home down that road.
@CarolDM (186394)
I absolutely love taking this road. Very curvy and scenes like this make it worth the drive. And of course very little traffic.
Those tree lined tunnels often seem cool as well as peaceful. It is a nice reward for getting out to appointments.
@CarolDM (186394)
They are, just wish they lasted longer. But I enjoy the seconds. You are right, it was a reward.
@rsa101 (34384)
You took a wonderful shot there, and I believe you used a good perspective to capture the tranquil location. I believe summer has already arrived where you live, which explains why the trees are so lush. When fall finally arrives, I wonder what this will look like.
@CarolDM (186394)
No traffic, so I got lucky. Thank you. Summer is here, officially on June 21st. The leaves change colors in the fall, so it is pretty as well. Then in the winter there are no leaves.
The picture is beautiful and your cats missed you. Have a good night.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thank you and you as well.
@Dena91 (17835)
Beautiful photo. I enjoy taking back roads like that as well. Glad that you got your mammogram taken care of for another year. A/C's definitely working overtime. I will have to mow at the church tomorrow. I waited until then because it won't be as hot, just 88 instead of 98. Have a blessed evening.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks and you too Dena. Stay cool out there.
• Rockingham, Australia
That is indeed a lovely stretch of road. Very peaceful indeed, as you say.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks it is a favorite spot.
• Walnut Creek, California
Glad you had a nice route on the way to a pain in the neck.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks it wasn’t too bad.
That is a lovely photo. It all looks so beautiful. I miss the tall oak trees and pines and firs in Latvia, The AC is going and the kitties are bouncing off the walls. lol
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks, it is just a few feet on the highway, but I love it this time of the year. Enjoy the kittens.
Love those trees.
@CarolDM (186394)
I do as well. This is my favorite time to drive through here.
@PhredWreck (7629)
• Olney, Illinois
I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and I did, it was a train heading right for me
@CarolDM (186394)
I managed to dodge the train this time.
@Aiana18 (254)
• Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Looks like a good place to walk and reflect. The landscape is also a delight for the eyes.
@CarolDM (186394)
Thanks, this is a road you can't walk on, but it is pretty.