My bank is never going to move

I am having an awful time thinking of anything to write. I have been responding to discussions and commenting on responses on my discussions. I am interacting, but I usually have to post something new to get any motion. I had the three hour class this morning. I went to Dollar General for cleaning products and snacks for hubby. That is not exciting at all. Neither is my breakfast of raisin bran and lunch of peanut butter sandwich. It is 100 degrees outside. Food just seems a bit off. I am fielding doctor's calls for my family members. I took a nap, wasn't that exciting? It was really relaxing. In spite of the heat I likely should get busy with some of those cleaning supplies I bought. If my bank does not move, so be it. I have enjoyed reading a bit on your posts and will likely be back later.
@kaylachan (35914)
I find my bank moves the quickest when I am in my notifications having a conversation with people who've responded to my replies, comments or discussions. Don't worry about the bank. It freezes from time-to-time. Don't get discouraged. I've done quite well, and I haven't put nearly in much effort. Just learned to pace myself and when to hit those discussions.
Usually that is true for me, but today it has just sat there. I just do not feel I have anything interesting to share today.
I am not worried about the bank, I just enjoy being here.
@DaddyEvil (88283)
I very rarely write a new discussion and my bank moves just fine. I spend a lot of my time just talking with people here and they respond. (I do tend to tease a lot and talk nonsense with a few people, though. I'm having fun and making some small change doing it. )
@sjvg1976 (35459)
What small change? Yes, I too have noticed once you start charting with the people, banks move fine.
@sjvg1976 (35459)
@DaddyEvil and I am at 36 cents this month. But that is fine. I was not on the site for much time these days.
@DaddyEvil (88283)
@sjvg1976 Well, I'm at $3.50 for the month so far. I've been having a lot of fun teasing Sam lately. You've joined in on some of those discussions. (He said he might not be here very much this weekend. But I don't know what he's busy with. He didn't say and I didn't want to ask.)
I don't post too much because I never get around to all the notifications as it is . Well, I guess not all days and things have to be exciting . . . it just is . . . that's life .
I limit the types of notifications I get, so they stay manageable. I do try to comment on every response I get on my posts. No, things are not always exciting. Right now they are mostly hot.
@GardenGerty I should do that! I aim to comment back to all . . . but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Yah, it's hot for sure . . . stay cool out there!!
@sjvg1976 (35459)
@much2say I get tired of doing that. Sometimes I feel like I should comment back to all of the notifications I get and sometimes I get lazy and just open them and read and close them.
I went thru a bit of a dry spell like that last month. You just have to find and hit your reset button.
I need my cats to do something cute for me to post about.
@GardenGerty You have your cats which you love to post on, me, its the twins, JJ used to be the cats, the deer, the full moons and the racoons or any random wildlife that wandered onto the premises of his zoo. There is something really comforting about the same old same old isn't there?
I almost never write and of course my bank only moves if/when people reply back to my comments, that is not all the time the case.
I always try to comment on responses because I am aware that is how this site works and that for some people that is the preferred interaction.
@LadyDuck Yes, that is a problem. It does not stop me from doing it, though. I feel more satisfied when I carry on the dialogue.
@GardenGerty When I post, I always answer back to people. Some users still have to get how myLot works.
• Rockingham, Australia
I make very little unless I'm continually posting. Nothing much happens in our new place but maybe I'll find new topics when we go house-sitting. I hope so. And I don't mind reading about your day-to-day routines.
Partly I am in a slump. Partly I am just waiting for things to happen. We cannot really go anywhere or do anything due to hubby having to have treatments late in the afternoon every day.
I don't mind reading about people's day to day.
• Rockingham, Australia
@GardenGerty Hopefully things will change a bit once the treatments are finished.
I lead such a boring life that it is often difficult to find writing material. I started doing posts on interesting things I have read and that helps.
I am not reading much either, these days. I know this works for a number of people, though, and I do appreciate the new stuff I learn from reading your posts and those of others.
@GardenGerty ........Oh, good. Glad to hear it.
I have had a lazy day today. But tomorrow I have an appointment for the dermatologist. So I cooked a tomato sauce with dried mushrooms to have lunch ready should it be needed one of these days.
I do need to do some cooking for next week when I have appointments and guests. I made a lasagna yesterday.
@marguicha I only make it once or twice a year. Hubby has been asking for it since he got out of the hospital.
@GardenGerty I haven´t made a lasagna for a long time. You made me crave for it.
@wolfgirl569 (58534)
• Marion, Ohio
I never worry about the bank. Sometimes it seems to make big jumps
That is true as well. I had a good jump after I posted this.
• Midland, Michigan
Mine hasn't moved much for awhile lately either but I've been binge watching a show I never saw when it came out. Now that I finished it's seven years worth I'm sure I'll be here more again. So you have any flowers? People are usually interested in hearing about and seeing our flowers.
The recent hot spells have pretty much taken out the flowers. I have herbs. I am potting up lots of red basil because I was so blessed with it reseeding itself this year.
True, always interesting to read about people's gardens.
• Midland, Michigan
@GardenGerty I've never had luck with red basil before but then I rarely get herbs planted in the ground. Yeah the heat certainly doesn't help out gardens.
@sallypup (49296)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I have been to the Dollar General store twice and so far the prices are not impressing me. The store is much smaller than Walmart and for me, that is perfect. It also had a window curtain and bath mats for the inside of the tubs- I will pay a little higher price for the convenience and the need. Falling in the tub will cost a lot more!
I find that the prices are pretty comparable to Wal Mart for the items they have. They do not have so many things. That is okay for me. That is also why I like Aldi. Difference is it takes 15 minutes or less to get to DG, 40 minutes or more to get to WM, and over an hour to get to Aldi. That does not even take into consideration the gas prices. I found a new cleaning product yesterday that I am really liking. Bitty is bad mannered about her toilet habits. I have used Odoban in the past. DG had Lavender Odorban and it is pleasant and effective for a reasonable price. Some of the pet specific cleaners cost over ten and as much as $17 for a spray bottle. I paid $3.50.
@Deepizzaguy (69649)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I know how you feel with the intense heat taking a toll on you physically since extreme heat is dangerous.
It is not going away very soon, either. My brain is just mush. I took a nap and I want more sleep.
@GardenGerty You might as well sleep if you can't do much because of the heat.
@RubyHawk (67460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don’t write a discussion often but I make lots of comments.
I write one or two a day. Otherwise people think something is wrong with me. I do see you a lot. I often check your profile for discussions.
@RubyHawk (67460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@GardenGerty I know and I thank you. most people are good about answering comments.
@Nakitakona (51056)
It takes patience to work here to move your bank's balance. Now at least I got a dollar for 10 days.
I try to remember to help you out all I can. Let's multiply that dollar.
@Nakitakona (51056)
@GardenGerty Thanks. I do too with you. I krep on interacting with you. Hope I could make it.
@BarBaraPrz (37645)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I'm in the same sort of boat, but I don't feel like paddling... Can't say as I accomplished anything today.
I went to a mandatory yearly training. It ate my brain. If I do not get the refresher done (which I did. Three hours.) I am stuck doing the whole thing over again start to finish, (8 hours).
@BarBaraPrz (37645)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty Three hours is more doable than eight, so good on ya!
@mayka123 (15171)
My bank has come to a standstill for quite some time because I am not too regular. Was too busy with my regular 9-5 job.
Real life has to come first, of course.
@mayka123 (15171)
@GardenGerty Yes just now am concentrating on my real life till I have my job till October. After that not sure if I will be continuing with a full time job or will look at options of earning from home.
@sjvg1976 (35459)
It happens with my bank also. I am not active these days so it's not moving for me at all.
Yes, I have not felt active, except to read other people's discussions and responses.
@sjvg1976 (35459)
@GardenGerty sometimes I don't understand what to comment or respond on a post.
@RebeccasFarm (67765)
Hope the day is fine for you. Yes it takes forever I know Heather.
Today is better, and I do actually have more to say today.
@GardenGerty Glad to know it
I don't have $2 yet lol But I am good overall. I hope you are too
Yes, I am good, but my brain feels numb. I am with you, not at $2 yet.
@GardenGerty That is ok you will be fine.
@aninditasen (7848)
• Raurkela, India
No one likes to work when it's hot. I don't shop when it's hot outside.
When I am required to be out, I want to hurry back home so I can cool down and be comfortable.
• Raurkela, India
@GardenGerty Everyone wants to be home soon in a hot summer.