Meals - 1/24/23

@LindaOHio (115172)
Well, I got in touch with the water extraction people; and they said it probably would b next week before they could come out. They gave me the number of another company; and they will be coming out between 8-9 today. Once the water is pumped out and stays out, we will be able to get a new water heater installed. This new company will also put a camera down the drain to see if there are any obstructions. There are about 200 school closings so far in the TV3 viewing area. So far no word if Meals on Wheels will be closed. It hasn't started s**wing yet. 55 days until spring! Breakfast - Belvita breakfast biscuits Lunch - Meals on Wheels -Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes, green beans and pears Dessert/snack - Every month we pick up free produce, etc. for seniors. This month they had a free cake! I had a piece of cake with decaf coffee. Their baked goods are usually leftover goods and pretty stale; but the cake was good. Dinner - An apple and Belvita breakfast biscuits What did you eat yesterday? Photo Credit: Heceta Head Lighthouse on the Oregon Coast
@DaddyEvil (111808)
We have about 8 inches already on the ground this morning and it's still falling. I have a doctor appointment early this morning so will be going out to shovel the driveway in a few minutes. I normally allow 40 minutes to make the 45 mile drive from my house to the doctor's office but will have to allow more time than that if we go. Pretty might reschedule my appointment, though, when she checks outside this morning. I hate driving when there's white stuff on the ground. The roads are always slippery and the traffic is always bad when that happens. I don't remember what I ate the last two days. My eyes were swollen shut. Pretty just heated stuff and brought it to me. I mostly listened to my laptop reading to me or slept. I hope the white stuff passes you by and all of it falls on @wolfgirl569 's house. She needs something to do for a change.
@DaddyEvil (111808)
@LindaOHio Thank you. We got to Springfield and home again and only watched three vehicles spin out of control and end up in the ditch. We stopped for one because it was a woman and several kids. I used one of my AAA allowances for her to get her out of the ditch. I hope she makes the rest of her journey okay. Thank you. The new drops are called Restasis. There are a sample of the actual drops the doctor prescribed. If they help, the doctor will see if the insurance will pay for them. (The insurance refused to pay for the last ones the doctor prescribed. )
@wolfgirl569 (69377)
• Marion, Ohio
We have a very wet snow here today. But later supposed to turn to rain and then back to snow
@LindaOHio (115172)
8" is a lot. It just started to s**w here. More than 200 schools are closed. Nothing in our area yet. Be careful if you go out driving. I'm so sorry that your eyes are swollen again. I guess you won't be driving. @wolfgirl569 will not appreciate getting the s**w. It looks like it might be worse at her house. I hope your eyes are better soon.
@lovebuglena (38799)
• Staten Island, New York
Did you get flooded?
@lovebuglena (38799)
• Staten Island, New York
@LindaOHio The flood happened where the water heater is?
@LindaOHio (115172)
Yes, and it put out the water heater. Haven't had hot water since Saturday.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@lovebuglena No. It came out of the drain. There was about 4" of water in the basement. There was a clog.
@FourWalls (51031)
CTS for lunch, taters for dinner, and a hip-hip-hooray for not having any sn*w when I got up today!!
@FourWalls (51031)
@LindaOHio — that’s what the guy in Youngstown said, it’d snow but there’d be warm air behind it so it would melt quickly. That’s how I like my sn*w: GONE.
@LindaOHio (115172)
Our s**w wasn't as bad as predicted which is good.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@FourWalls Yup. Loooong gone.
I HOPE IT IS DONE SOON.
@LindaOHio Must be an awful feeling.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@marlina It's one of those things where you say, "Oh well".
@LindaOHio (115172)
Hubs will check today to see if the rest of the water has drained out. We have stuff floating around down there.
@porwest (62795)
I bet you are going to want this resolved sooner rather than later. If we had water in the basement this long my wife would be blowing a gasket, that's for sure. Last night was a Spangles night since I am in Wichita, Kansas on business. Had a garlic parmesan sourdough burger with garlic parmesan fries. Yummy.
@LindaOHio (115172)
We have no hot water which means no showers! The guy is here right now checking out the drains, etc. Your dinner sounds good.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@porwest It will be next week at least until it's fixed.
@porwest (62795)
@LindaOHio No bueno on the no hot water and no showers thing. That would not be good at all.
@CarolDM (201911)
Another beautiful Oregon photo. So glad you finally got somebody to come out to check on your basement.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@CarolDM There is still 1" down there. We'll have to wait for the water heater to be put in. :-(
@LindaOHio (115172)
Thanks. Hubs will check today to see if the rest of the water drained out.
@CarolDM (201911)
@LindaOHio I hope it all went well.
I hope all works out for the best for you.
@LindaOHio (115172)
Thank you so much.
@TheSojourner (62746)
Stuffed peppers sound really good to me. I hope that you don't get too much snow. Did the water extractors make it out on time?
@LindaOHio I hope that's the case.
@LindaOHio (115172)
Yes, he was prompt and efficient. Left the pump until 4 pm. There's still water in the basement; but we are hoping the rest goes out via the drain.
Aren't you concerned with water in your home causing mold? We had a delicious beef stew for supper last night, it was so good that there are no leftovers.
@LindaOHio Glqd that you have a good beef stew.
@LindaOHio (115172)
Yes, but so far it's OK. I love a good beef stew.
I am glad a company is coming to pump the water. Stagnant water immediately creates mold.
@LindaOHio (115172)
He's here right now checking the drains, etc.
@LindaOHio I am glad, let's home they can fix the mess.
@wolfgirl569 (69377)
• Marion, Ohio
Our schools are on delays the last time I looked
@LindaOHio (115172)
It wasn't as bad as predicted here.
Glad you were able to get another company to come out and pump the basement. Last night we had something different....rigatoni with vodka sauce and some fried eggplant cutlets. Sooo good
@LindaOHio (115172)
That sounds really good, Marilyn!
• Rockingham, Australia
That's good that someone is coming out to look at the cellar situation.
@LindaOHio (115172)
He's here now. Taking a look at the drains, etc.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's good someone can come today...from a different place. That's a lot of schools out! Hope you don't get too much snow... We haven't got any today but looks like it could.
@LindaOHio (115172)
The s**w wasn't too bad. Hubs will go down today and see if the rest of the water has drained out.
• Rupert, Idaho
@LindaOHio That is good it was not too bad. and that is good to hear..
Lovely photo. Best of luck to you and stay warm and safe I hope not too much snow falls, I had my tater tots, pork patties, and gravy,
@LindaOHio (115172)
Thanks. It s**wed; but then it warmed up and melted a little. Not too bad.
@sallypup (53148)
• Centralia, Washington
I love the photo. My hubby and I have stayed at the Heceta Head bed and breakfast a couple of times. Good times!
@sallypup (53148)
• Centralia, Washington
@LindaOHio I keep looking at your photo and realized that I've sat out on those rocks and written poems. There's a lovely half mile trail down to the beach from the B and B and a half mile trail up to the lighthouse.
@LindaOHio (115172)
Thanks. How cool that you've been there.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@sallypup That's very cool!
Those stuffed peppers sound so good. Yesterday I had a cupcake for breakfast, toast for lunch, and a salami sandwich for dinner. I hope you get some hot water soon!
11h
@LindaOHio Did you get your water and have a shower? I don't like showers. I took a lovely bath yesterday in nice warm water. I was so cold before the bath and so toasty afterward!
@LindaOHio (115172)
Yes, I could use a shower!
Good luck with other company. Snow on the way, but the rain should wash it away..
@LindaOHio Hope everything works out for you.
@LindaOHio (115172)
@DianneN Thanks, Dianne. Hubs will check the basement today to see if the water is all gone.
@LindaOHio (115172)
They are here right now to pump out the basement. It's just starting to s**w.
@coldplay8 (161)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
something with meat, not sure what i have a burning mouth syndrome so can't eat anything. sorry for you waiting for your heater.
@LindaOHio (115172)
I'm so sorry you have trouble eating.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@LindaOHio thank you. i take b vitamins, apparently they ease the pain a bit but sometimes i miss spicy tuna sald and i can't eailt it. i didn't like spicy things at all,only that.